Some questions to understand this better.

• 8 Replies
Some questions to understand this better.
« on: November 12, 2014, 01:25:02 AM »
Hello everyone. I am a college student and I am doing a research on this interesting flat earth society. Although the official website provide countless information, I would have questions to ask to anyone who wants to answer:
1. Why do all the planets in our galaxy are spherical in shape and only Earth should be flat?
2. During the last experiment on the Bedford River was calculated by the phenomenon of atmospheric refraction, as did the surveyor and naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace?
3. Other experiments have been carried out? What are they?
4. It 's true that the flat earth society is raising funds for a possible trip into space?
5. It 'possible that all of the men who took part in space missions no one has decided to reveal the truth about the Earth?
6. Richard Branson and the creators of Google are investing millions of dollars for an upcoming space tourism. They will reveal the truth?
7. There are at least eight civilians who have traveled into space as tourists. You think they're all conspiracy theorists?
8. One of your supporters is an astronomer at the waist which confirms the theory of the flat earth? A contemporary Galileo denies that heliocentrism.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:51:04 AM by mad dog »

Re: Some questions to understand this better.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:00:55 AM »
Too many questions in one, thread.  Choose one and go with it.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Goth

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:01:45 AM »
1] 'Could it be that, the so called Earth (gaia) is not a planet,

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 03:08:07 AM »
Goth, you are a  terrible poster.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:31:42 AM »
1] 'Could it be that, the so called Earth (gaia) is not a planet,

Can you explain better?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:45:20 AM by mad dog »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 04:32:10 AM »
Hello everyone. I am a college student and I am doing a research on this interesting flat earth society. Although the official website provide countless information, I would have questions to ask to anyone who wants to answer:
1. Why do all the planets in our galaxy are spherical in shape and only Earth should be flat?
Nobody knows whether they are spherical. You're only going on what you're told. My theory is that they are simply reflections from Earth that assume a circular shape due to distance and perspective.
2. During the last experiment on the Bedford River was calculated by the phenomenon of atmospheric refraction, as did the surveyor and naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace?
There will always be refuting theories. It's about trusting your own senses.

3. Other experiments have been carried out? What are they?
It's best you look them up. Simply look at horizons on the sea or flat land, from eye level or at height. The basics coupled with your sense should tell you you are not walking about on a spinning ball...but....clear your mind and look up as much as you can.

4. It 's true that the flat earth society is raising funds for a possible trip into space?
I don't know but in my theory there is no space, so it would be pointless from my take on it.

5. It 'possible that all of the men who took part in space missions no one has decided to reveal the truth about the Earth?
Maybe some have but how do they blow the whistle without being turned into a fruit and nut case or a astronaut gone wild or suffering from space dementia, or maybe they have training accidents, etc...who knows eh?
A simple question to you would be: If you saw the president pocketing money from shady characters, with your own eyes...what are your chances of blowing the whistle and being taken serious...plus who do you blow the whistle to?

6. Richard Branson and the creators of Google are investing millions of dollars for an upcoming space tourism. They will reveal the truth?
Maybe they are all part of the same troop. Drinking from the same trough.

7. There are at least eight civilians who have traveled into space as tourists. You think they're all conspiracy theorists?
Conspiracy theorists? no. Actors? very possible. Duped? possible. All we can do is guess but the guessing game gets much easier when you see the ridiculousness of it all, if people care to actually open their minds.

8. One of your supporters is an astronomer at the waist which confirms the theory of the flat earth? A contemporary Galileo denies that heliocentrism.
Mainstream science far outweighs alternative science in terms of a belief. Mainstream science has people believing on faith alone, with a lot of potentially made up names to back it all up, as in so called accredited people as well as so called theories.

The questions you should be asking - are to yourself, so that you can use your own mind to decipher the wheat from the chaff. That choice is your choice if you want it to be that. Or, your choice can be dictated by mass opinion, which relieves you off that ability to choose independently.
Indoctrinate your own mind, don't allow it to be indoctrinated by someone with a name on a lab coat, because they are simply the parrots of society where unprovable theories come into it, of which there are many, especially when it comes to Earth and so called, space.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:32:45 AM »
Many thanks for your comprehensive answers. I respect your position, albeit consider scientific research essential to prove any theory.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 03:40:34 AM »
Many thanks for your comprehensive answers. I respect your position, albeit consider scientific research essential to prove any theory.
I agree. Scientific research is needed to actually rubberstamp a theory into a full of fact. The problem is, it's easier said than done when it comes to a lot of stuff we have been basically forced to accept that we cannot physically prove.

If the mainstream science world can tell us to just believe a theory based on what they tell us is backed by physical evidence, yet cannot show us due to it being shrouded in secrecy...the very same game can be played against them in reality, which leaves it up to common sense and logic to dictate what is and what isn't.

So, if I'm told that little John picked up a 10 ton block of concrete and threw it over a 50 feet high wall but John is shy and won't do the same thing again if anyone is watching, I have to suspect that something is not what is being made out.

This is basically what the science world is doing to us.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 04:45:38 AM »
Hello everyone. I am a college student and I am doing a research on this interesting flat earth society. Although the official website provide countless information, I would have questions to ask to anyone who wants to answer.....
As a "round earther" (as we scientific rationalists are called here) I can only advise you to totally ignore any of sceptimatic's "answers" as they'll inevitably be completely erroneous.  The guy has very little knowledge of the true sciences, but instead blindly accepts the nonsensical ramblings of every pseudo-scientific whack-job on the planet.

And that's why his "answers" to your questions sound so ludicrous.  In fact, you're more likely to get some sensible explanations about the flat earth theory from round earthers, as we have a far more comprehensive understanding of physics, mechanics, astronomy, geophysics etc.

You also need to remember that their Flat Earth Wiki contains numerous claims about our planetary system, the earth, sun and moon that are totally unsupported by any 21st-century science, but are instead firmly grounded in science as it was around 150 years ago.  One of their heroes, Samuel Birley Rowbotham wrote a 16-page pamphlet about his flat earth theory in 1849 entitled Earth Not a Globe, under the pseudonym "Parallax".  When he saw the financial rewards it suggested, he eventually expanded it into a 430-page book LOL.

If you'd like a prime example of sceptimatic's scientific prowess, ask him to explain in detail his theory of what he calls "denpressure" which is, apparently, a force of some kind that combines the properties of both density and pressure.  Denpressure also invalidates the theory of gravity as we know it, as well as the gas laws (pressure, volume and temperature).