How thick can you be?

• 22 Replies
How thick can you be?
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:32:10 AM »
Only some of you will remember this user name from years gone by. I'll admit it's been awhile since we have been on the forum. This account was formed after our original account was banned for "Rick Rollin". Unfortunately we used the schools computers which subsequently got the whole school banned from this forum. Anyways, enough about the past. There are questions that need answering.

- If the earth is flat:

What would be earths curvature, there has to be some curvature since we have a horizon.

How come we can't go to the edge of the earth? Surely with the amount of cameras around we would have some sort of footage

Is a flat earth rotating? If it is that would result in the formation of a spherical earth

How come I can fly either way and still get to Australia ?

How far away is the sun?

Is gravity caused by the earth moving up? Surely you realize that the earth would have to be constantly accelerating or else we would be able to jump off the face of the earth. If this were the case we would simply be crushed like bugs on a windshield.

?

Goth

Re: How thick can you be?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 04:02:28 AM »
I am the Antichrist 2....  ;D

?

NiveusLucis

• Light the bringing white light, forever. 1902
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »
As a brick

ausGeoff

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 04:59:34 AM »
I am the Antichrist 2....

This is a Q&A forum only, and this response is neither.

Can you please refrain from derailing these threads in future?    ::)

ausGeoff

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:03:29 AM »
As a brick

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 09:53:55 PM »
As a brick

Reported for memberating.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

ausGeoff

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 08:27:36 AM »
Reported for memberating.

Rather than trying to be clever (and failing) with your childish "reported for memberating" comment, why don't you instead attempt to add something meaningful and constructive to the debate?  There's really no point in demonstrating your own puerile behaviour on this Q&A forum like so many of your flat earth peers do.

So... how about you now provide some answers to the questions raised by Iamtheantichrist2 instead of whinging about other people's comments?  You know... show by example and all that stuff.

—Or is it possible you don't have any answers for him?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Only some of you will remember this user name from years gone by. I'll admit it's been awhile since we have been on the forum. This account was formed after our original account was banned for "Rick Rollin". Unfortunately we used the schools computers which subsequently got the whole school banned from this forum. Anyways, enough about the past. There are questions that need answering.

- If the earth is flat:

What would be earths curvature, there has to be some curvature since we have a horizon.

How come we can't go to the edge of the earth? Surely with the amount of cameras around we would have some sort of footage

Is a flat earth rotating? If it is that would result in the formation of a spherical earth

How far away is the sun?

Is gravity caused by the earth moving up? Surely you realize that the earth would have to be constantly accelerating or else we would be able to jump off the face of the earth. If this were the case we would simply be crushed like bugs on a windshield.

The Flat Earthers usually have answers to all of your questions. I think they call it the "Flat Earth Wiki." jroa and sceptimatic are two of the best Flat Earth experts on the subjects of your questions. I know what their answers would probably be....But I'll leave it to them.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 05:21:07 AM »

- If the earth is flat:

How far away is the sun?

I'll answer one question, as is my wont. The earth is accelerating at a constant of 9.8 meters/second squared. This gives the impression of 1G. No need to be squished.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 05:23:52 AM »

- If the earth is flat:

How far away is the sun?

I'll answer one question, as is my wont. The earth is accelerating at a constant of 9.8 meters/second squared. This gives the impression of 1G. No need to be squished.
G is not constant. Please explain.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 05:27:53 AM »

That is odd; physicists seem to disagree with you.

The constant of proportionality in this equation is G - the universal gravitation constant.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 08:07:23 AM »
Oh look, a strawman over semantics from jroa. How can this be?

From the context it's obvious he's talking about little g not big G.

ausGeoff

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »
Oh look, a strawman over semantics from jroa. How can this be?

From the context it's obvious he's talking about little g not big G.

You need to realise that jroa never lets the finer details of science disrupt his constant use of strawman rhetoric.

Again, in his haste to seem smarter than the average bear, he's missed the point that "little" g which represents the local gravitational field—especially at the earth's surface (and which is equivalent to free-fall acceleration) has a different and varying value to "big" G which is a physical constant.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »
How is that either a flat Earth Question or Answer?  Please, don't derail the Q&A forum. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
How is that either a flat Earth Question or Answer?  Please, don't derail the Q&A forum.

Okay; fair enough...

Q1.  Did you understand that G was a different entity to g?
Q2.  Do you acknowledge that G is a "physical constant"?
Q3.  Do you acknowledge that g is not a constant of any sort, and varies?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 11:54:58 AM »
Q1.  Yes.  I am not the one who was getting confused about it.
Q2.  Your scientists are the ones who are confused about this.
Q3.  Possibly, due to the uneven effects of the permeable Earth and the UA. 

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 12:11:00 PM »
Since this part of the conversation was left here while the earlier follow-up was moved elsewhere, I presume it's part of the discussion.

That is odd; physicists seem to disagree with you.

The constant of proportionality in this equation is G - the universal gravitation constant.
They also disagree with Pongo, too, then.

From your link discussing the value of G:
Today, the currently accepted value is 6.67259 x 10-11 N m2/kg2.
6.67259 x 10-11 N m2/kg2 != 9.8 meters/second squared. The units aren't even the same.[nb]For those not familiar with the notation, '!=' is used to denote 'not equal' in some programming languages.[/nb]

At any rate, moving past jroa's confusion about Pongo's use of G when he meant g in his Answer to the last Question in the OP for this thread in the Q&A discussion board:

Pongo:  If the entire earth is accelerating upward at 9.8 m/s2 why is g not constant everywhere on or near the surface of the Earth?

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ausGeoff

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »
Q1.  Yes.  I am not the one who was getting confused about it.
Q3.  Possibly, due to the uneven effects of the permeable Earth and the UA.

Yes, you're right; it was actually Pongo.

Another question if I may.  When you say "your scientists" I understand you to mean the so-called round earth scientists.  For the moment then, let's accept hypothetically that they are confused about gravity and/or gravitational forces.

Can you tell me what the opinions are of the flat earth scientists who are not confused by the gravity conundrum?  No names necessary; just a citation to their collective conclusions.  Could you also cite a precise definition of UA that these same scientists agree upon?

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 03:59:52 PM »
You would think if they actually believed all this mystic pseudo science they would be in these topics responding a lot more.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

ausGeoff

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »

You obviously missed my earlier question in response to your answer jroa...

When you say "your scientists" I understand you to mean the so-called round earth scientists.  For the moment then, let's accept hypothetically that they are confused about gravity and/or gravitational forces.

Can you tell me what the opinions are of the flat earth scientists who are not confused by the gravity conundrum?  No names necessary; just a citation to their collective conclusions.  Could you also cite a precise definition of UA that these same scientists agree upon?

—Thanks.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »
When you say "your scientists" I understand you to mean the so-called round earth scientists.  For the moment then, let's accept hypothetically that they are confused about gravity and/or gravitational forces.

Can you tell me what the opinions are of the flat earth scientists who are not confused by the gravity conundrum?  No names necessary; just a citation to their collective conclusions.

They are flat Earthers. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »

Can you tell me what the opinions are of the flat earth scientists who are not confused by the gravity conundrum?  No names necessary; just a citation to their collective conclusions.

They are flat Earthers.

Yes, I understand that they're flat earthers, but what's the general consensus among them to explain the phenomenon and/or effects of what round earthers call gravity"?  Can you cite a specific reference to a collective definition of theirs?

ausGeoff

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »
And so another thread dies simply because no flat earther is able to answer a few round earther's questions.

This Q&A forum should be renamed to the "Unanswered RE Questions" forum LOL.