Gravitational Theory Empirically Proven

• 33 Replies
Re: Gravitational Theory Empirically Proven
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »
1. How about someone explain why they showed us slow motion, only?
2. How about someone explain why the feathers bounced upwards like they did?
3. How about explaianing how skinny Brian Cox was holding a bowling ball as if it was made of polystrene painted a pretty colour?
1. For a moment they did show the ball and feathers at normal speed. What´s the problem with it being on slow motion?
2. I don´t see a problem with that. What did you expect them to do? There is no air resistance either so it makes even more sense. Feathers won´t bounce upwards outside of the vacuum, will they?
3. It´s not so heavy and you can´t even see his arms. The weight is not as important as the shape anyways, if the feather had the same weight as the bowling ball (Keeping the same shape), they would fall at different speeds out of the vacuum.

This is very basic physics.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:52:00 PM by Nachino »

?

guv

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 02:46:30 AM »
Septic may have something. The vacuum in his head seems to stop the penny dropping.

ausGeoff

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 08:15:00 AM »
For all those people that are switched on in the head, I would like you to apply your common sense to this video.
They reckon that this place has been turned into a virtual vacuum. Now remember. These people are experts in this day and age of doing this stuff, apparently, right?
Nothing shocks them about vacuums, because...well, they are just so used to knowing what they do against objects and such.

Having said that, before I decide to pick this absolute pile of crap apart, I'd like you to focus on the scientists who are viewing this slow motion experiment.

Go to 3:20 and watch the total amazement on their faces as they see the feather and bowling ball falling at the same time. They've never done this before. It must be the first ever time this system has been used. It has to be, judging by their almost kiddified amazed faces....in this day and age. Something that Newton supposedly done before breakfast.  ;D

This is what I'm talking about when I say that we are being filled full of crap. Brian Cox is  a rock star turned professor. Or shall I say: he's a rock star turned bullshit artist for the camera, actor.

Let's see if any of you good people can pick this crap apart.
I'll start off by asking you to look at the feathers when they bounce and spring back up.

There's just two oddities about it all.
Of course, the shills will pipe in with, " oh no, just because they look amazed, it's staged."
And all that flannel. 

Much LULZ..... why am I not in the least bit surprised that the forum's resident intellectual midget would totally fail to grasp the scientific concepts of what we're seeing in this video?  I'm guessing—on a good day—that even Bozo the Clown would've gleaned at least some tidbit of earth science from this demonstration.

It's kinda sad that sceptimatic doesn't share the wonderment (as I did) of Galileo's 400-year-old experiment actually being proven before our eyes.  Then again, one of his favourite debating [sic] tactics is to throw around the ad hominem attacks when he's lost for an explanation of something that everybody else can grasp.

And as for his puerile attack on Professor Brian Cox, it's just another of sceptimatic's nonsensical, attempted putdowns.  Cox has first-class B.Sc and M.Phil degrees in Physics, plus a Doctor of Philosophy, and has a Royal Society University Research Fellowship and an Honorary Science Doctorate from the University of Huddersfield.

On the other hand, sceptimatic has zero scientific qualifications, which makes his childish attack on Cox nothing more than an absolute joke (particularly since sceptimatic refuses to provide even one of his purported academic qualifications).

So... the bottom lime;  we have sceptimatic's irellevant, unevidenced, incoherent, non-scientific babblings versus a world-renowned, multi-disciplined physicist and scientist.

Gee... who to believe?  Ummm.....?   ;D

ausGeoff

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »
I wonder why they didn't show the ball and feather dropping in the vacuum at full speed? What is the point of slowing the video down? To make it appear like they are falling slower in a vacuum?

This comment proves you haven't grasped the basic principles of what the video shows.  The actual frame rate of the video footage is totally immaterial anyway.  Its slowed down simply to give us long enough to observe the fall (rather than the couple of seconds it takes in real time).  This slow-mo is more than common in experiments of a scientific nature—as you'd know if you weren't locked onto your 2,000-year-old book of pseudo-science.  And both the feather and the ball fall faster in a vacuum, not slower as you're guessing LOL.

At any rate, we see them both falling at full speed in air, and in vacuo, at 1:28min and 4:16min respectively.