Flat earthers: please explain the current round-the-world sailing race

• 40 Replies
Re: Flat earthers: please explain the current round-the-world sailing race
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
Sailors navigate using flat maps.

I hope you are not saying that the maps themselves are flat, since that's obvious.  The question is whether they use maps based on a flat earth model or a round earth model.  Please clarify.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 03:26:15 AM »
They now often navigate using electronic mapping which is based on a globe model.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 05:03:03 AM »
They now often navigate using electronic mapping which is based on a globe model.

That's right, but jroa doesn't want to admit that their maps, both electronic and paper, are based on a round earth model.  He wants to say that sailors navigate using maps based on the flat earth model, but he knows he can't support this claim.  Still, I would like to know his position on this.

So, jroa, please respond: do circumnavigators use maps based on a flat earth model or round earth model?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 05:43:55 AM »
So, jroa, please respond: do circumnavigators use maps based on a flat earth model or round earth model?

Well, since the Earth is flat, then I would say the maps or charts are based on the flat Earth model. 

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 05:53:33 AM »

Well, since the Earth is flat, then I would say the maps or charts are based on the flat Earth model.
Navigators have proved the earth is round.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 05:57:06 AM »

When did this happen?  If it has been proven, then surely you can post some of this proof. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:25 AM »
I've asked you a couple of times to post a sketch of the Volvo ocean race course on a flat earth map of the world.  Thus far you've not done so.

Why is this?  Are you unable to do so because just maybe—there is no flat earth map in existence?

This is the race course plotted on a Mercator projection of the spherical earth...

As you seem to agree the race actually took place, can you please provide a similar map—based on a flat earth—and also show progressive and total distances?

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2014, 07:38:07 AM »

When did this happen?  If it has been proven, then surely you can post some of this proof.
You know it did, look around.  Measured distances, sun location, as you know.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 07:50:35 AM »

It happened around the time that celestial navigation was invented.
http://onboardintelligence.com/CelestialNav/Celnav1.aspx
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2014, 05:47:03 AM »
Leg 5 is going to be interesting " One of the leg's most dangerous situations is the presence of ice and you have got to stay north of the 40° S. "

http://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/route/10_Auckland-Itajai.html

Any FE's care to comment why the course takes the yachts so far away from the North Pole? Please remember, it is a race and the shortest distance is the quickest!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:50:34 AM by LuggerSailor »
LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

ausGeoff

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2014, 07:25:20 PM »
So after repeated requests for the flat earthers—any flat earther—to sketch a map of the VOLVO ocean race course on a flat earth map, not one has been able to do so.

Why is this?  Is it because they don't have a flat earth map?  And of course I'm calling their bluff here—as there is no flat earth map in existence that I know of.  Let's see how the flat earthers get out of this little problem LOL.