Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt

• 152 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »
It's all there in the photo.
Yes, it is.  If you take a closer look at the photo with an open mind and open eyes, then you will see that the area in question is not duplicated as claimed.  There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
It is all there.  The claimed duplicated part is not a match to anything, thereby making it impossible that it is a duplicate.  You following along?
I don't need to follow anything anymore.

**usual angry rant**
How about making a coherent argument for once?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »
It's all there in the photo.
There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.
This is an excellent discription of yourself.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
Whenever technology is pushed to the limits of it's design parameters there will be mishaps, or disasters in this case.

lol, it was designed to re-enter the atmoplane at super sonic speeds, yet, it broke up while being dropped from a jet at sub-sonic speeds.  How is this pushing the limits?  You do realize that aircraft and spacecraft have gone much faster than this, right?   

?

BJ1234

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:11 PM »
It is all there.  The claimed duplicated part is not a match to anything, thereby making it impossible that it is a duplicate.  You following along?
I don't need to follow anything anymore. It's all there as plain as day as being a load of crap. No more debating on it with you people. I'll only debate on this with those that see it for what it is, which is crap. Anyone else gets blanked in this topic.
Not much of a debate if the opposition agrees with you is it? Cmon Scepti you can do better than that.

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
Whenever technology is pushed to the limits of it's design parameters there will be mishaps, or disasters in this case.

lol, it was designed to re-enter the atmoplane at super sonic speeds, yet, it broke up while being dropped from a jet at sub-sonic speeds.  How is this pushing the limits?  You do realize that aircraft and spacecraft have gone much faster than this, right?

The land speed record is about 400 mph. If a car is designed for 400 mph, but a steering part fails while going "only" 100 mph, does that mean it can't be destroyed when it goes out of control because it was designed to go way faster than that?

Get a grip.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »

If the wings inadvertently move into the feather position while still in the lower, denser layers of the atmoplane when they were designed to work only in the much higher and thinner layers of the atmoplane, then the resulting stresses could conceivably be too much for the airframe to handle, even at subsonic speeds.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »

If the wings inadvertently move into the feather position while still in the lower, denser layers of the atmoplane when they were designed to work only in the much higher and thinner layers of the atmoplane, then the resulting stresses could conceivably be too much for the airframe to handle, even at subsonic speeds.
They must have brilliant people working on the spaceship. You should join them markjo.
God is real.                                         

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 02:23:53 AM »

The land speed record is about 400 mph. If a car is designed for 400 mph, but a steering part fails while going "only" 100 mph, does that mean it can't be destroyed when it goes out of control because it was designed to go way faster than that?

Get a grip.
No, you get a grip. They have supposedly spent an age perfecting this crap. They've done tests (supposedly) with no problems. And now it's all went pear shaped due to this new fuel that was only tested on the ground. What an absolute pile of garbage.
When are people going to wake up to this utter crap. ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »

Which hat did you pull this form?

ausGeoff

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2014, 02:28:29 AM »
No, you get a grip. They have supposedly spent an age perfecting this crap. They've done tests (supposedly) with no problems. And now it's all went pear shaped due to this new fuel that was only tested on the ground. What an absolute pile of garbage.
When are people going to wake up to this utter crap.

LOL... we can always rely on the forum's resident liar to fill any momentary gap requiring a totally absurd response.

Well done sceptimatic!  10/10.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2014, 04:06:38 AM »

Get a grip.
SO are you saying that things can't be defective?  I had a tire blow out on me while I was going less than 5mph.  It is designed to go at 80mph+  Does that mean tires don't exist?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2014, 04:10:11 AM »

Get a grip.
SO are you saying that things can't be defective?  I had a tire blow out on me while I was going less than 5mph.  It is designed to go at 80mph+  Does that mean tires don't exist?
You've got nothing. This is why I can't be arsed to bother with people like you.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2014, 05:55:08 AM »
When are people going to wake up to this utter crap.

LOL... we can always rely on the forum's resident liar to fill any momentary gap requiring a totally absurd response.

Well done sceptimatic!  10/10.

If all you are going to do is berate people and make ad hominem attacks, then please do it in the lower fora, where it is allowed.  Thanks. 

?

Goth

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »
How did the pilot survive? There is no ejection seat. How did he jump out of the plane at 50000ft?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2820138/50-000-feet-high-no-oxygen-travelling-speed-sound-did-pilot-survive-Virgin-Galactic-crash-injured-shoulder.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

"Investigators are trying to piece together how SpaceShipTwo's surviving pilot managed to escape the rocket as it disintegrated around him and parachute to the ground from an altitude virtually devoid of oxygen.

Pete Siebold, 43, sustained just an injured shoulder when the Virgin Galactic spacecraft broke apart mid-flight and crashed in the Mojave desert last Friday, killing co-pilot Michael Alsbury, 39.

Christopher Hart, acting chairman for the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) that is leading the crash investigation, said Mr Siebold did not exit through the cockpit's escape hatch.

'We know it wasn't through there, so how did this pilot get out?' he said."

How did the pilot survive? There is no ejection seat. How did he jump out of the plane at 50000ft?

Hmm... let me guess... perhaps he's a liar - and never flew the plane in the first place?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:30:21 AM by Goth »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »
They have supposedly spent an age perfecting this crap. They've done tests (supposedly) with no problems. And now it's all went pear shaped due to this new fuel that was only tested on the ground. What an absolute pile of garbage.

Which hat did you pull this form?

How about this one?
Based on information they have released about their investigation to date, the NTSB has recovered the intact engine and rocket propulsion fuel tanks with no signs of burn through or mid-air explosion. This definitively dismisses the premature and inaccurate speculation that the problem was related to the engine or the fuel.

The NTSB also evaluated the vehicle’s feathering mechanism, which is the unique technology that turns the wing booms into position for re-entry. The NTSB indicated that the lock/unlock lever was pulled prematurely based on recorded speed at the time, and they have suggested that subsequent aerodynamic forces then deployed the feathering mechanism, which resulted in the in-flight separation of the wings and vehicle.

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
How did the pilot survive? There is no ejection seat. How did he jump out of the plane at 50000ft?How did the pilot survive? There is no ejection seat. How did he jump out of the plane at 50000ft?

Hmm... let me guess... perhaps he's a liar - and never flew the plane in the first place?
Yes, there's something we don't know so absolutely there has to be a conspiracy. Someone else might think that they just probably had oxygen masks when flying at those altitudes and the pilot found another exit as the craft fell apart. We do not know at what altitude the pilot jumped / got ejected from the disintegrating craft.

You've got nothing. This is why I can't be arsed to bother with people like you.
"You've got nothing" happens to apply to your "analysis" as well.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »

Get a grip.
My tire blowing out while driving at 5 mph, well under the speed at which it was designed for totally abolishes the claim that "because the Virgin test plane/shuttle was designed for higher speeds than when it broke up, the whole program is fake."  Things built by humans can and do fail.  Even ones that have been tested and developed for hundreds of years.  Such as tires.  SO why would you automatically assume something must be amiss when a test flight goes ary?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2014, 03:24:50 AM »

Get a grip.
My tire blowing out while driving at 5 mph, well under the speed at which it was designed for totally abolishes the claim that "because the Virgin test plane/shuttle was designed for higher speeds than when it broke up, the whole program is fake."  Things built by humans can and do fail.  Even ones that have been tested and developed for hundreds of years.  Such as tires.  SO why would you automatically assume something must be amiss when a test flight goes ary?
I'll tell you what. In a rational easily explainable way, you tell me (as Goth points out) how a pilot manages to parachute down from 50,000 feet out of that disintegrating plane that has no ejector seat nor means of escape?

Tell me how he survived the freezing cold, lack of oxygen, the fall itself and how he managed to open his parachute.....AFTER, you explain how he managed to actually get out of the plane in the first place.

If you can do this, I'm willing to take it in. You can think of anything that rationally explains it. Ok, over to you.

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2014, 03:28:14 AM »
I think I'll just wait for the investigators report to be released.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »
Yeah, good idea. I'm sure the official report will add a nice escape plan to this; but any rational thinking person should by now see it as bullshit.

Apart from the questions I've just put to BJ, I have one more question. I'll use this quote to ask it, so I'm not specifically asking you, as I know you're a bad tempered foul mouthed shill.

So here it is.

At the height we are told this spaceraft was at (50,000 feet approx)... we know by explanations given for aircraft that this spaceship had to be pressurised meaning the pilots were under that pressure.

Now, the spaceship blows up/breaks up, so immediate explosive decompression is going to happen. This is common knowledge and sense, right?

We already know that the pilots were not wearing oxygen masks or space suits, so how did the pilot survive the explosive decompression on his body as well as all the rest of it to have him parachute to the ground, damaging his shoulder?

I'm just waiting for the explanation given for this because this is a major error in this scam.
They tried to make a Hollywood escape hero carry on and forgot the basics and now they have to come up with somefantasy bullshit to try and save face. Let's see what they come up with.

My guesses: (add on any you can think of).

The pilots wore special skin tight prototype space suits under their clothes that was  a secret and luckily it worked well.

The pilots wore specially designed skin suits that had heating wires all over them incase of something like this happening, as well as a portable oxygen bottle that lasts for 5 minutes.

The pilot was tested and found to luckily have a body that could withstand the severe cold and could hold his breath long enough to hit oxygenated breathable air.

There's my guesses as to what clap trap will possibly get pushed upon the ever willing masses who, like all other times, will gobble it up with amazement.  ::)

?

BJ1234

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2014, 04:38:40 AM »

Get a grip.
I'll tell you what. In a rational easily explainable way, you tell me (as Goth points out) how a pilot manages to parachute down from 50,000 feet out of that disintegrating plane that has no ejector seat nor means of escape?

Tell me how he survived the freezing cold, lack of oxygen, the fall itself and how he managed to open his parachute.....AFTER, you explain how he managed to actually get out of the plane in the first place.

If you can do this, I'm willing to take it in. You can think of anything that rationally explains it. Ok, over to you.
Nice goal post moving there Scepti.  You were going on and on about how the thing is fake because it broke up and it shouldn't have because it was designed to handle the situation. 
I give you one simple situation where a product fails at less than designed specs, you totally ignore it and move onto another topic.
So I tell you what.  You explain to me, in a clear rational way, why something failing at less than designed specs is an automatic reason to doubt its authenticity?  Please try to have an open mind about things.  Don't automatically go into denialmatic mode.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2014, 05:17:19 AM »
You could try to think about it on your own. Like scepti is trying to show you how to do.
God is real.                                         

ausGeoff

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2014, 06:56:10 AM »

Totally agree.  A far better solution than relying on the bizarre pseudo-scientific notions of a renowned liar.  At least the scientists and aeronautical engineers will be able to determine exactly what caused the equipment failure, rather than someone with absolutely zero technical qualifications making up a nonsensical fairy story.

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
You could try to think about it on your own. Like scepti is trying to show you how to do.
I prefer to base my opinion on facts, rather than speculative bullshit.

Angry ranting is not thinking for your self, it's quite the opposite.

I'll wait for actual evidence, then base my opinion on it.

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2014, 07:27:32 AM »

We already know that the pilots were not wearing oxygen masks or space suits, so how did the pilot survive the explosive decompression on his body as well as all the rest of it to have him parachute to the ground, damaging his shoulder?

I'm just waiting for the explanation given for this because this is a major error in this scam.
They tried to make a Hollywood escape hero carry on and forgot the basics and now they have to come up with somefantasy bullshit to try and save face. Let's see what they come up with.

The pilots wore special skin tight prototype space suits under their clothes that was  a secret and luckily it worked well.

The pilots wore specially designed skin suits that had heating wires all over them incase of something like this happening, as well as a portable oxygen bottle that lasts for 5 minutes.

The pilot was tested and found to luckily have a body that could withstand the severe cold and could hold his breath long enough to hit oxygenated breathable air.

There's my guesses as to what clap trap will possibly get pushed upon the ever willing masses who, like all other times, will gobble it up with amazement.  ::)

How do we know that they did not have oxygen masks?

Afair decompression / low temperature for the duration it would take to fall from 50k is survivable.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »

*sigh*  Who said that the pilots did not have ejection seats?
So all four of these people headed to the biggest area where the dust have sort of leapt up and because that seemed to be the most likely place where they might find the survivor and unfortunately they did not find a survivor but they did find a body at that site. And it was one of the pilots and he was still strapped in to his ejection seat, but of course, the body was not fully intact and they did not disturb him.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2014, 08:53:15 AM »

How do we know that they did not have oxygen masks?

Afair decompression / low temperature for the duration it would take to fall from 50k is survivable.
Of course it's survivable. A fall by a T- shirt wearing person falling from your Jupiter all the way back to Earth is survivable if they tell you it is.
All the media have to do, is tell you any old shite and you will go along with it. I'm not accepting you being this naive, at all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »

*sigh*  Who said that the pilots did not have ejection seats?
So all four of these people headed to the biggest area where the dust have sort of leapt up and because that seemed to be the most likely place where they might find the survivor and unfortunately they did not find a survivor but they did find a body at that site. And it was one of the pilots and he was still strapped in to his ejection seat, but of course, the body was not fully intact and they did not disturb him.
How about looking up the diagram of that piece of shit and tell me how they can eject from it. This will give me a very good indictation as to what your mindset is on anything against official lines.

For instance: a fighter jet has a canopy that dis-engages and jettisons, allowing the pilots to eject in their seats.

Tell me how this piece of shit craft operates to do likewise.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:21 AM »
How about looking up the diagram of that piece of shit and tell me how they can eject from it.
Sorry, but the blueprints for SS2 don't appear to be available on line.  Regardless, you don't know all of the facts regarding what happened.  Right now, no one does.  The investigation is on going and we haven't heard much from the surviving pilot.  A genuinely open minded person would wait for all of the facts before making up their mind.