Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt

• 152 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 10:57:06 AM »
Back on topic:
Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin Galactic, whose SpaceShipTwo blew apart Friday after being released from a carrier aircraft, said Saturday that if they learn what went wrong-- and can overcome it-- the program will continue.

Branson, who was in Mojave, Calif., was asked at a press conference about the future of the program. He paused and said, "we would love to finish what we started some years ago."
It seems that the scam will go on.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »
Back on topic:
Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin Galactic, whose SpaceShipTwo blew apart Friday after being released from a carrier aircraft, said Saturday that if they learn what went wrong-- and can overcome it-- the program will continue.

Branson, who was in Mojave, Calif., was asked at a press conference about the future of the program. He paused and said, "we would love to finish what we started some years ago."
It seems that the scam will go on.

Neil deGrasse Tyson says it well: Proud to be Homo sapiens. A curious species with DNA compelling us to explore, even if doing so puts your own life at risk.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 11:11:24 AM »
One of the first people to recover from ebola is Nancy Writebol ;)..Scepti is right, they make up these names and sit back and laugh at all the gullible sheeple. (They) love you guys for believing all of their stories.
Another one, hoppy. The English ebola victim who was ill in a London hospital but made a full recovery. His name?   William Pooley...
Errm, what?  The name comes from Pooley in Warwickshire - what is your point exactly?  Are you saying this guys doesn't exist:

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »

Gosh. Just when we were about to begin the age of space tourism by private companies like Branson's Virgin Galactic – wouldn't you know it? – one of their “spaceplanes” crashed!

And, coincidentally, in the same week as another big rocket disaster to boot!

Looks as fake as a model airplane on fake ground. What's with that area of duplicate ground?

It's pretty amazing how sloppy they are. The believers on this site will be frantically looking for an explanation. Good luck!

Edit: Nice find Goth.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
Mark Shuttleworth made his fortune by founding and running Canonicle Ltd., the software company that distributes Ubuntu Linux.  How stupid does he think we are?  What kind of name is Shuttleworth for a friggin Linux guy? ::)
Shuttleworth gained hundreds of millions in founding and selling Thawte, Canonical and Ubuntu came along years later, I'm not sure if he's earned much at all with Canonical.

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
The first female astronaut? Sally Ride ::)

I know I know, so what eh? It's just a name. Yeah, just like all the other coincidences that go with this space carry on.

Sally ride was not the first woman in space, she was the second or third I think. First one was Valentina Tereshkova (not sure of the spelling). Is that a funny name too?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »

I know I know, so what eh? It's just a name. Yeah, just like all the other coincidences that go with this space carry on.

Sally ride was not the first woman in space, she was the second or third I think. First one was Valentina Tereshkova (not sure of the spelling). Is that a funny name too?
Sally Ride was, indeed, the first female astronaut.  Valentina Tereshkova was the first female cosmonaut.

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »

Sally Ride was, indeed, the first female astronaut.  Valentina Tereshkova was the first female cosmonaut.

Hahaa, you got me there =D At least I didn't say that she wasn't the first female astronaut, but that she wasn't the first woman in space ;)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2014, 06:29:08 AM »
Funny how we could get into orbit 60 years ago, but now we can not even have a spacecraft be dropped from a jet and have it stay in one peace at subsonic speeds.  Sounds like a load of BS to me. 

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »
Funny how we could get into orbit 60 years ago, but now we can not even have a spacecraft be dropped from a jet and have it stay in one peace at subsonic speeds.  Sounds like a load of BS to me.

It's not funny at all how we've had powered flight for more than 110 years but still have airplane crashes. Your post sounds like a load of BS to me.

Why do you say stuff like this? Do you honestly think believe dropping a spacecraft from a jet is easy?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 07:34:30 AM »

It's not funny at all how we've had powered flight for more than 110 years but still have airplane crashes. Your post sounds like a load of BS to me.

Why do you say stuff like this? Do you honestly think believe dropping a spacecraft from a jet is easy?

Jet airplanes have been flying for many, many years.  You would think they would have figured out how to drop something from them by now.  Oh, wait, that is a spacecraft that broke up at subsonic speeds, when it was designed to re-enter the atmoplane at many times the speed of sound. 

Nothing here sounds odd to you? 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »
It looks like it may have been a malfunction in the feathering mechanism.
About nine seconds later, the ship’s feathering system was unlocked, said Hart. Two seconds after that, the ship’s tail section moved toward the deployed position.

"This was an uncommanded feather, which means the feather occurred without the feather lever being moved into the feather position," Hart told Discovery News.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 07:44:02 AM »
This analogy sucks.  It is like saying that Windows 3.1 didn't exist because of issues in a beta version of Windows 8.1 that caused a computer to crash.  New technology creates new issues that might not have been present in earlier versions.  Also, what if the cause of the crash turns out to be human error, or a failed part?  Are you saying new cars that just came out don't have issues?

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
Jet airplanes have been flying for many, many years.  You would think they would have figured out how to drop something from them by now.  Oh, wait, that is a spacecraft that broke up at subsonic speeds, when it was designed to re-enter the atmoplane at many times the speed of sound. 

Nope. It is unfortunate, but not odd at all. This was an experimental aircraft on a test flight. This is why they test aircraft and why being a test pilot is such a risky occupation. Why do you think what happened is odd?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 08:06:07 AM »
"Sounding odd" is a meaningless debating position, unless you are scepti that is.

Whenever technology is pushed to the limits of it's design parameters there will be mishaps, or disasters in this case.

The big problem here is that these things should cost billions, and Branson is spending millions.  He's tried to do it on the cheap and it's all gone horribly wrong.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »
One of the first people to recover from ebola is Nancy Writebol ;)..Scepti is right, they make up these names and sit back and laugh at all the gullible sheeple. (They) love you guys for believing all of their stories.
Another one, hoppy. The English ebola victim who was ill in a London hospital but made a full recovery. His name?   William Pooley...
They simply don't care about the piss taking because they know the majority of people just lap it up like starving dogs.  ;D

I think I'll start a thread on this to see how many people can come up with names and places that stand out with the crap they put out.
How about James Foley one of the first "beheadings".
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/james-foley-video-appears-show-beheading-journalist-missing/story?id=25043593
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foley_(filmmaking)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:17:04 AM by hoppy »
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 08:33:22 AM »
They simply don't care about the piss taking because they know the majority of people just lap it up like starving dogs.  ;D

I think I'll start a thread on this to see how many people can come up with names and places that stand out with the crap they put out.
How about James Foley one of the first "beheadings".
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/james-foley-video-appears-show-beheading-journalist-missing/story?id=25043593
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foley_(filmmaking)
There was a Canadian champion swimmer by the name of Dick Pound.

Name Cockburn is not uncommon in some parts.

The gall of these people

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »
So James Foley is not a real person as he's a photo journalist and his surname also refers to the addition of sound effects to audio recordings?

Wow, you have really blown the lid off that one.  Amazing stuff.  Your Pulitzer prize is in the post....

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 08:53:45 AM »
So James Foley is not a real person as he's a photo journalist and his surname also refers to the addition of sound effects to audio recordings?

Wow, you have really blown the lid off that one.  Amazing stuff.  Your Pulitzer prize is in the post....
That's right, don't pay attention just dismiss everything.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 09:04:02 AM »
*sigh*  Just when I thought that this thread had a chance of getting back on topic.

ausGeoff

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »

Looks as fake as a model airplane on fake ground. What's with that area of duplicate ground?

I agree there's something suspect about this image.  It's been reprinted in various media sources all over the world, and yet there seems to be no serious questions being asked about the double set of matching artifacts.  And if it was/is a Photoshopped mockup, surely an experienced graphic artist would've noticed the glitch straight away?

I searched for the original of this image, but this doctored one is the sole one it seems.  Very strange.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
If you look at a larger version of the picture, then it becomes pretty obvious that the "artifacts" are not exact duplicates as some might claim.

?

Goth

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
First of all, upon closer inspection of the "duplicated" sections of the image, it is easy to see that the duplication is not an exact replica and that there are numerous differences to find. Secondly, say the image was doctored, what purpose would there be in that? This isn't an image of something impossible to create. This is an crash landing site here on earth so if the goal here is to make a real looking image of a crash site on earth, then why would photoshop be necessary at all? The aircraft itself doesn't have any problems, so what does that say for the stuff on the ground above it? Couldn't they have just used pieces of the ground that don't, at first glance, look duplicated?

As far as explanations go, I say that it is possible that pieces came off the aircraft in such a way that they skipped off of the craft. Purely conjecture of course but based on looking at a close up of it, it doesn't appear to be a duplication anyway.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 11:01:15 AM »
First of all, upon closer inspection of the "duplicated" sections of the image, it is easy to see that the duplication is not an exact replica and that there are numerous differences to find. Secondly, say the image was doctored, what purpose would there be in that? This isn't an image of something impossible to create. This is an crash landing site here on earth so if the goal here is to make a real looking image of a crash site on earth, then why would photoshop be necessary at all? The aircraft itself doesn't have any problems, so what does that say for the stuff on the ground above it? Couldn't they have just used pieces of the ground that don't, at first glance, look duplicated?

As far as explanations go, I say that it is possible that pieces came off the aircraft in such a way that they skipped off of the craft. Purely conjecture of course but based on looking at a close up of it, it doesn't appear to be a duplication anyway.
Reeks of desperation.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 11:05:16 AM »

Reeks of desperation.

His very first sentence totally and completely disproves the original assertion about the photo.  What about it aren't you understanding?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »

Reeks of desperation.

His very first sentence totally and completely disproves the original assertion about the photo.  What about it aren't you understanding?
There's nothing more to understand. It's all there in the photo. The sheep and the dis-info crew will always see everything above board.
Sleep, sleep, sleep.  ;D

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »
It is all there.  The claimed duplicated part is not a match to anything, thereby making it impossible that it is a duplicate.  You following along?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2014, 11:19:51 AM »
It is all there.  The claimed duplicated part is not a match to anything, thereby making it impossible that it is a duplicate.  You following along?
I don't need to follow anything anymore. It's all there as plain as day as being a load of crap. No more debating on it with you people. I'll only debate on this with those that see it for what it is, which is crap. Anyone else gets blanked in this topic.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
I take it you were never any good at finding Waldo were you?