Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt

• 152 Replies
Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
"Virgin boss says dream will live on only if engineers can identify and overcome cause of fatal accident that claimed life of a test pilot in Mojave desert"

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/01/sir-richard-branson-space-tourism-project-doubt

The crash happened Friday.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/01/branson-virgin-galactic-spaceshiptwo-crash

There has been speculation amongst the flat-earthers here about Virgin Galactic just hoarding the money but they promise a refund to anyone who wants it.

“We may lose one or two, but it does not look like it. Anybody whoever wants a refund would be able to get a refund. We haven’t used the money.”
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

legion

• You are in my VR
Re: Sir Richard Branson admits Space Tourism Project in doubt
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »
I suspect that much like man "returning" to the moon, space tourism will be forever just out of reach.

A hundred years from now, when spaceshipninetysix blows up, my offspring might be chuckling at your offspring who hope spaceshipninetyseven gets lucky!
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »
I suspect that much like man "returning" to the moon, space tourism will be forever just out of reach.

A hundred years from now, when spaceshipninetysix blows up, my offspring might be chuckling at your offspring who hope spaceshipninetyseven gets lucky!

Funny. We've already done space tourism successfully, it just didn't last. "during the period 2001–2009 when 7 space tourists made 8 space flights" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tourism

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

Why do you think it is impossible to escape earth's gravity?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 05:42:28 PM »

Funny. We've already done space tourism successfully, it just didn't last. "during the period 2001–2009 when 7 space tourists made 8 space flights" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tourism
I'm sat here crying with laughing. Honestly - again, how gullible do you want to get in life before you actually see they are taking the absolute piss out of you?

I opened the wiki to see a picture of space tourist Mark frigging shuttleworth...I mean, what?....what?... are we to believe all these stupid frigging names that just happen to coincide with the bullshit craft? Frigging Mark Shuttleworth indeed.

The first female astronaut? Sally Ride ::)

I know I know, so what eh? It's just a name. Yeah, just like all the other coincidences that go with this space carry on.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
My god, you are ridiculous. It would be nice if you popped over to the Antares rocket thread. I proved you were a liar so it would be kind of you to eat your words.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »

I'm sat here crying with laughing. Honestly - again, how gullible do you want to get in life before you actually see they are taking the absolute piss out of you?

I opened the wiki to see a picture of space tourist Mark frigging shuttleworth...I mean, what?....what?... are we to believe all these stupid frigging names that just happen to coincide with the bullshit craft? Frigging Mark Shuttleworth indeed.

I know I know, so what eh? It's just a name. Yeah, just like all the other coincidences that go with this space carry on.
So what about the other names on the list?  How do they coincide with bullshit craft?  Like Dennis Tito, Gregory Olsen, Anousheh Ansari and the others?  1 out of 8 on the tourist list. 

Then Sally Ride.  Which really doesn't coincide with a space shuttle in particular, just any vehicle in existence. 
1 out of this list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronauts_by_name

Not much of a coincidence is there?

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »

So what about the other names on the list?  How do they coincide with bullshit craft?  Like Dennis Tito, Gregory Olsen, Anousheh Ansari and the others?  1 out of 8 on the tourist list. 

Then Sally Ride.  Which really doesn't coincide with a space shuttle in particular, just any vehicle in existence. 
1 out of this list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronauts_by_name

Not much of a coincidence is there?
Quote from: Wikipedia
"Mustang Sally" is an R&B song written and first recorded by Mack Rice in 1965. It gained greater popularity when Wilson Pickett covered it the following year on a single
"Sally Ride"  ;) must have been about 14 years old when this song came out and 15 when it became popular. This song includes the lyrics

Quote from: Mack Rice
All you want to do is ride around Sally, ride, Sally, ride.
Is NASA so really so lazy they can't even be bothered to make up their own stage names for twenty-something-year-old astronauts? Did they think no one would notice?

The Wilson Pickett cover made a huge resurgence in the last half of 1983 for some reason. Something is fishy here.

Either that or "sceptimatic" needs to get a grip.

[Edit] typo.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:28:05 PM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »

And once again, we have an in-depth and meaningful comment from our resident genius.

It's obvious that sceptimatic has very little evidence—in fact in all probability none at all—that any of the NASA and/or private sector space missions were faked.  All he can do—repeatedly—is claim that the rest of the world's population (other than a handful of flat earthers of course!) are all gullible morons that're purportedly unable to discern fact from fiction.

You'll notice that he never posts any original photographic images of his own illustrating his flat earth theory—he always posts third-party images—ironically often those from NASA that prove the contrary.  He also never cites any scientific research papers or journal articles supporting his flat earth claims.  In fact he usually does nothing more than take the piss out of round earthers and our empirical evidence—like a grade school kid does when he's baffled or out of his depth LOL.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 10:52:26 PM »

Mark Shuttleworth made his fortune by founding and running Canonicle Ltd., the software company that distributes Ubuntu Linux.  How stupid does he think we are?  What kind of name is Shuttleworth for a friggin Linux guy? ::)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
Mark Shuttleworth made his fortune by founding and running Canonicle Ltd., the software company that distributes Ubuntu Linux.  How stupid does he think we are?  What kind of name is Shuttleworth for a friggin Linux guy?
Of course you're right...

sceptimatic has clearly nailed this guy as an obvious liar and fraudster.  Where would the world be without super-intelligent investigative types like sceptimatic clearing our path through all the corporatist and government bullshit that's shovelled our way?

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 11:45:49 PM »
I'll always remember Sceptimatic's shining moment when he claimed Chris Hadfield and Laird Macintosh were the same person.

Laird Macintosh

Chris Hadfield

ausGeoff

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »
I'll always remember Sceptimatic's shining moment when he claimed Chris Hadfield and Laird Macintosh were the same person.

True... although I always thought they were twins.  Is there any evidence (apart from the two images) that proves they're not?

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 12:02:33 AM »

True... although I always thought they were twins.  Is there any evidence (apart from the two images) that proves they're not?

Don't be an idiot

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 02:20:21 AM »

Don't be an idiot

I apologise.  I'm very sorry, but for a moment there I thought I was sceptimatic.  It won't happen again.

:o

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 06:59:30 AM »
One of the first people to recover from ebola is Nancy Writebol ;)..Scepti is right, they make up these names and sit back and laugh at all the gullible sheeple. (They) love you guys for believing all of their stories.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
One of the first people to recover from ebola is Nancy Writebol ;)..Scepti is right, they make up these names and sit back and laugh at all the gullible sheeple. (They) love you guys for believing all of their stories.
Another one, hoppy. The English ebola victim who was ill in a London hospital but made a full recovery. His name?   William Pooley...
They simply don't care about the piss taking because they know the majority of people just lap it up like starving dogs.  ;D

I think I'll start a thread on this to see how many people can come up with names and places that stand out with the crap they put out.

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »
Another one, hoppy. The English ebola victim who was ill in a London hospital but made a full recovery. His name?   William Pooley...
They simply don't care about the piss taking because they know the majority of people just lap it up like starving dogs.  ;D

I think I'll start a thread on this to see how many people can come up with names and places that stand out with the crap they put out.

What is wrong with the name Pooley?
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »

Are you kidding me or what? Where are you from?

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 09:06:14 AM »

No, I'm not kidding, what's wrong with the name Pooley? I'm from America.

Pooley is an English surname that lots of people have.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

When you're ill, what are you said to be?

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »

Sick, ailing, infirm, unhealthy, unwell, sickly, peaked...?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »

You stay in your little head, I'm done with you. Carry on being a blockhead. No need to waste any more energy on me, I've blanked you out.  ;D

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
Historians expect us to believe that one of the first settlers in America was named Capt. John Smith.  How stupid do they think we are?

Now what does discussing people's names have to do with space tourism?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »

You stay in your little head, I'm done with you. Carry on being a blockhead. No need to waste any more energy on me, I've blanked you out.  ;D

I'm not trying to mess with you. Seriously, is Pooley an Irish slang word or something?

?

Goth

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2014, 09:45:54 AM »

Gosh. Just when we were about to begin the age of space tourism by private companies like Branson's Virgin Galactic – wouldn't you know it? – one of their “spaceplanes” crashed!

And, coincidentally, in the same week as another big rocket disaster to boot!

Looks as fake as a model airplane on fake ground. What's with that area of duplicate ground?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:51:46 AM by Goth »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:18 AM »
That top picture with the duplicate ground. Hahahahaha. Game set and match.  ;D

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
Could you elaborate on the Pooley name and why you find it odd?
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 10:05:52 AM »
Could you elaborate on the Pooley name and why you find it odd?
No. Only those who are awake will know what I'm talking about. Those who are asleep will remain asleep....or deliberately ignorant.

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »
So you had no problem elaborating on the Sally Ride and Shuttleworth relations to what they did but Pooley has to remain vague?

As usual.......you're attempts to be clever leave you looking dumber than when you started.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa