« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
Thanks scepti, I love it. Lol
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
Re: OMG Anteres rocket exploded :O
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »
Scepti: Looking forward to your analysis.

He never delivers on his promises, so you are going to be waiting a really, really long time.

Sorry mate.

You've got to admire his resilience though. Surely?

I do not admire willfully ignorant liars, no.
If you can prove just one thing that I've lied about, I will become a fully fledged liar and join your global Earth pack of them. How's that?

Proof, I said.  :)

So, if we prove you a liar, you will start telling the truth?

Awesome! Well, we all know for a fact that you are not a published author as you claimed, we know for a fact that you've lied about your academic qualifications, and you have claimed heritage from four different countries, including America and Korea.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »
If you can prove just one thing that I've lied about, I will become a fully fledged liar and join your global Earth pack of them. How's that?

So are you lying about being a professional photographer...
I have camera equipment costing tens of thousands of pounds, I am a professional and I have all the equipment needed.
or are you lying about not understanding the effects of auto-exposure and not knowing the difference between timelapse versus long-exposure photography?
Can you be a bit more clearer on what you mean? Put up some pictures to explain.
Not that you're actually going to think they're real, but : http://www.mountwashington.org/photos/galleries/?g=18
You've just put up  timelapse stills from a  video. What's your point here?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh my god, oh my god, my camera made it night time, oh my god.

You see, anyone who is a professional photographer would understand the effects of exposure settings with video and the difference betwee timelapse and long exposure pictures, and anyone who is confused about these common subjects, is obviously not a professional photographer.  You don't need to become a full fledged liar, you already are one.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2014, 05:03:56 AM »

He never delivers on his promises, so you are going to be waiting a really, really long time.

Sorry mate.

We have already done that. You just say we are wrong.
So what proof do you have that I've lied. Don't just say you have it. Show me.
Show us why a rocket can't take off slowly.
Don't change the subject. Show me proof that I've lied about anything. I'll show why rockets can't lift of slowly, soon enough.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2014, 05:10:59 AM »
Thanks scepti, I love it. Lol
You're welcome, hoppy, I mean, I have to play percentages with some of these people, in that the thought process of at least a few percent of them surely have to see this absolute utter bullshit for what it is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:44 AM »

Sorry mate.

Awesome! Well, we all know for a fact that you are not a published author as you claimed, we know for a fact that you've lied about your academic qualifications, and you have claimed heritage from four different countries, including America and Korea.
Let me try nd explain this to you again, because it's frightening at how docile you people seems to be.

I asked you to prove I'm telling lies. Don't just tell me I am. I'll repeat this.

You have to prove I'm telling lies, you can't simply just tell me I am, as that does not constitute, proof.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »

So are you lying about being a professional photographer...
I have camera equipment costing tens of thousands of pounds, I am a professional and I have all the equipment needed.
or are you lying about not understanding the effects of auto-exposure and not knowing the difference between timelapse versus long-exposure photography?
Can you be a bit more clearer on what you mean? Put up some pictures to explain.
Not that you're actually going to think they're real, but : http://www.mountwashington.org/photos/galleries/?g=18
You've just put up  timelapse stills from a  video. What's your point here?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh my god, oh my god, my camera made it night time, oh my god.

You see, anyone who is a professional photographer would understand the effects of exposure settings with video and the difference betwee timelapse and long exposure pictures, and anyone who is confused about these common subjects, is obviously not a professional photographer.  You don't need to become a full fledged liar, you already are one.
Go searching and come back with the evidence where I said I was a professional photographer.

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »

Sorry mate.

Let me try nd explain this to you again, because it's frightening at how docile you people seems to be.

I asked you to prove I'm telling lies. Don't just tell me I am. I'll repeat this.

You have to prove I'm telling lies, you can't simply just tell me I am, as that does not constitute, proof.

Have I given you enough time to delete a bunch of your old posts?

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »
Go searching and come back with the evidence where I said I was a professional photographer.
You had one of your little hissy fits and deleted all the posts where you made these claims.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2014, 06:36:56 AM »
If that's all you clowns are going to type, then save your fingers. You told me you could prove I'm a liar, now don't start pretending I've deleted posts relating to anything.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:50 AM »
If that's all you clowns are going to type, then save your fingers. You told me you could prove I'm a liar, now don't start pretending I've deleted posts relating to anything.

Well this is a lie. Scepti has deleted many posts.

For example:

Or in the following post, you can see sceptimatic's original reply but if you click to go to the post, you see the response has been deleted:

I realize that you legitimately are skeptical.  That's why I've stuck to you, trying to explain things.  I was once infuriated by the way people could figure stuff out with computers and math, because I couldn't understand it, but once you actually learn it, it opens so many doors for you, and things really do make sense and are logical.  I apologizing for letting our arguments get so heated.  It's easy to take things personal while arguing with an opposing opinion.  You are right to be skeptical.  I just wanted to help you see the logic.
That's fine, It's obvious we won't see eye to eye and things will go from one extreme to the other at times because these things rarely produce a valid right or wrong, yet can give food for though either way with certain things, which even I take on board. I don't just dismiss anything, which is the reason I started to post on here, as I didn't entertain a notion at one time of a flat Earth but I can see a strong argument with some of their stuff and it makes more sense to me with some of what they say, against what we have been led to believe.
Its a shame our education systems teach in such a strict manner, or you'd see that the scientific community which produces the stuff taught in school, is just as skeptical as you.  As someone who feels confident in my ability to connect math to observation,  I feel as strongly skeptical to the flat earth idea, as you do for standard science, not because the idea of a flat earth is illogical - I honestly don't think the idea of a flat earth is absurd, I just also don't think the evidence exists.  I think they really do shoehorn math to fit their model, sometimes to the point of ignoring math completely.

And here is a thread where post deletion is discussed prompted by Thork complaining about sceptimatic's post deletion:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59311.0#.VFTmsab3anM

So yes, Scepti is a liar.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:04:16 AM by Rama Set »
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »
He's a lying liar who lies about his lies.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2014, 07:43:43 AM »
Scepti, you lie all the time about being open minded.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »

Sorry mate.
I didn't promise anything; but I do deliver. It's just not what you people want to see.
Did I miss your explanation, from the ground up, how a Space Shuttle needs to accelerate at 5 mi/sec2 to reach 17,000 mi/hr in 8 minutes, or whatever acceleration you now think it needs to be? It was promised here. If I missed it, apologies, and a link to the post with the calculations and explanations, please. Since you say about 1.6g is wrong, I'm interested in seeing the method you used to get whatever your answer is.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
I look forward to sceptic arguing for a round Earth.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2014, 12:19:39 PM »
Another lie, sceptics bugatti.

Anyone who has qualifications in unprovable sciences is holding onto a worthless piece of paper.
It's like me telling someone  too have a look around my Bugatti and then asking them what they think of it. When they say, "wow" or something like that, I can then print them out a qualification as a Bugatti expert, even though all they've done is seen it's presence and have no clue about anything in it or what makes it work.

Bugatti veyron , cost 2 million (approx)

Many people get monthly pay cheques like that. $425 a week. so what. I earn that in half a day.
So $107 an hour or $214,000 a year. At 2 million for a Veyron, sceptic bought a car that is worth ten years pay?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »
My most popular thread :')

Tears of joy  :') :')
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »
He doesn't earn $107 an hour trolling forums on his mum's computer, that's for sure.

Another lie.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2014, 12:27:22 PM »

In fairness it is Scepti who has made the thread popular.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »

In fairness it is Scepti who has made the thread popular.
And hopelessly off topic.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
flatorange: There goes another one: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/oct/31/spaceshiptwo-richard-branson-virgin-crash-mojave

My god, where do I start with this ridiculous piece of absolute shit.  ;D

I'll start off by saying that it's one hell of a clever ruse, isn't it, before I pick this apart.
I mean, all those people who've paid into this now have to wait for however long before they find out the problem. Funny as fu**.

Ok, now I'll put up the story, as the photo ....well, I don't think I need say anything about that pile of crap.

The story.*snip*
It seems to me that your bristling analysis amounts to

-pilots had parachutes
-a test flight used a fuel mixture that was different to what was used on earlier test flights
-spaceflight is dangerous and expensive
-lifting one man to 39km should be as easy as lifting a passenger plane to 100km
-a photographer who was out to photograph SS2's test flight saw the accident
-you sarcastically agree with a blogger
-you seem to resent stock trade and agree that suborbital flight for the wealthy might not happen soon
-you sarcastically agree with what Hadfield has said
-you find the name of Wallops island to be funny
-you agree with Hadfield that SS2's suborbital hop is just going up, which hasn't happened, and then falling down

and this is why it's obviously impossible that a craft could have in fact crashed down from 46.000 feet. Thanks for the effort but sad to say, not a very convincing post from you Scepti.

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »
flatorange: There goes another one: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/oct/31/spaceshiptwo-richard-branson-virgin-crash-mojave

Oh! You posted this. I just made a thread about it.

EDIT: Forgive me for skipping pages of Scepti drivel XD
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:49:48 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

ausGeoff

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »
Show me proof that I've lied about anything.

LOL.  All too easy.  Zero viable evidence for the following claims you've made:

•  Written several books,
•  Holder of thirteen academic qualifications,
•  Patented numerous devices we all use in our homes,
•  Developed a working theory described as "denpressure",
•  Denied the existence of gravitational forces,
•  Travelled to Antarctica as a researcher,
•  Disproved the accepted distances of the sun and moon from earth,
•  Are a world renowned scientist,
•  Are extremely wealthy,
•  Pilot's license and plane and helicopter owner
•  Have a genius IQ (140+),
•  Carried out laser/flat ice sheet experiment proving flat earth,
•  Developed own map of flat earth,
•  Proved that the atomic attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bogus,
•  Free multiple entries/exits to North Korea.

These are all empty claims unproven by any evidence whatsoever.  And until you can support all or any of these claims, I for one am calling you out as a liar.

It's now up to you sceptimatic to prove this claim of mine that you're a liar to be unfounded.  Go for it my friend.  If you're game that is.    ;D

Arith

« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2014, 04:04:40 AM »
I bet I know what's coming!!

[SPOILER]
I have no reason to prove anything to you. You can choose to ignore or believe my claims. Don't like it too bad.
[/SPOILER]

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2014, 04:13:21 AM »

My god, where do I start with this ridiculous piece of absolute shit.  ;D

I'll start off by saying that it's one hell of a clever ruse, isn't it, before I pick this apart.
I mean, all those people who've paid into this now have to wait for however long before they find out the problem. Funny as fu**.

Ok, now I'll put up the story, as the photo ....well, I don't think I need say anything about that pile of crap.

The story.*snip*
It seems to me that your bristling analysis amounts to

-pilots had parachutes
-a test flight used a fuel mixture that was different to what was used on earlier test flights
-spaceflight is dangerous and expensive
-lifting one man to 39km should be as easy as lifting a passenger plane to 100km
-a photographer who was out to photograph SS2's test flight saw the accident
-you sarcastically agree with a blogger
-you seem to resent stock trade and agree that suborbital flight for the wealthy might not happen soon
-you sarcastically agree with what Hadfield has said
-you find the name of Wallops island to be funny
-you agree with Hadfield that SS2's suborbital hop is just going up, which hasn't happened, and then falling down

and this is why it's obviously impossible that a craft could have in fact crashed down from 46.000 feet. Thanks for the effort but sad to say, not a very convincing post from you Scepti.
It doesn't have to be convincing. It's there for anyone to see how absurd it all is. Or in the case of those who buys into this media shit, it's there for them to ignore or flap about.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2014, 04:23:56 AM »

These are all empty claims unproven by any evidence whatsoever.  And until you can support all or any of these claims, I for one am calling you out as a liar.

It's now up to you sceptimatic to prove this claim of mine that you're a liar to be unfounded.  Go for it my friend.  If you're game that is.    ;D
It's not up to me. It's up to you to prove your claims that I'm lying and to show me where I've lied.
Faliure to do so, renders you frustrated, not me.  ;D

Arith

« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2014, 04:48:57 AM »
Nothin but net.

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2014, 05:02:40 AM »

It's not up to me. It's up to you to prove your claims that I'm lying and to show me where I've lied.

The burden of proof is on you to prove these things, as you've made the positive claim.

Until you can prove them, we can quite easily call you a liar.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2014, 06:26:46 AM »

The burden of proof is on you to prove these things, as you've made the positive claim.

Until you can prove them, we can quite easily call you a liar.
You can call me anything you want to. It's not going to change anything on my part. ;D

« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2014, 06:33:50 AM »

Those credentials would make you a multiple Nobel prize winner and probably history's most renowned scientist/intellectual for your numerous ground breaking discoveries. Logically you wouldn't be on a message board wasting your time with us simpletons. Simple logic is all one needs to discredit your claims.