OMG Anteres rocket exploded :O

• 299 Replies
?

guv

Re: OMG Anteres rocket exploded :O
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2014, 12:27:55 AM »
A true genius will be able to tell me if this quote is really a fact.

This means that for every force there is a reaction force that is equal in size, but opposite in direction. That is to say that whenever an object pushes another object it gets pushed back in the opposite direction equally hard.

I am very interested in septic's thoughts on this matter, if he has any. As you will see this is not of topic.
Whats the matter dunny brush, o shit I meant septic, a bit of mr Newton hurt your thinking box.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:18 AM »

This means that for every force there is a reaction force that is equal in size, but opposite in direction. That is to say that whenever an object pushes another object it gets pushed back in the opposite direction equally hard.

I am very interested in septic's thoughts on this matter, if he has any. As you will see this is not of topic.
Your quote is spot on.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2014, 03:29:17 AM »

No, you're getting more ridiculous.  The Antares rocket was supposed to send up about 5000 pounds (2.5 tons) of supplies, not just food.
So what do they do with that food? They have to re-hydrate it, right? How much weight in water will that take?
1'300 lbs of dried food. Think about the water needed. I'd love to know where they store all this stuff.
It's ridiculous.
Explain this: why send 2 rockets at the same time to a international space station?
Sometimes you have to look at things for what they are, which is bullshit.

I think it's something else.  If you think that countless eye witnesses could possibly confuse the sun with a huge explosion, then maybe you're the one who's brainwashed.
Eye witnesses my arse. Whatever those people are witnessing, it's not a frigging rocket exploding.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2014, 03:30:34 AM »
it's all Hollywood type special effects.
What, like 'auto exposure'?  That still giving you trouble?  Odd, considering you referred to yourself as a photographer once.  I remember it being explained too, even seems you said you understood if I remember correctly.  I guess that just leaves one explanation.   
You do try, I'll give you that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2014, 03:31:44 AM »

Whats the matter dunny brush, o shit I meant septic, a bit of mr Newton hurt your thinking box.
No, Mr impatient. Sometimes people just aren't on the site, can you grasp this?  ;D

ausGeoff

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 03:50:45 AM »

Why is it that any thread that sceptimatic gets involved with immediately turns into a 40-page farrago of absolute drivel?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2014, 04:17:37 AM »

Why is it that any thread that sceptimatic gets involved with immediately turns into a 40-page farrago of absolute drivel?

Because he has much more to say than you do.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

ausGeoff

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2014, 04:33:15 AM »

And as they say..... empty vessels make the most noise.    ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2014, 05:29:54 AM »

And as they say..... empty vessels make the most noise.    ;D
You expend so much of your time at attempting ridicule and very little actually contrbuting to the topic.
You are paid to do this, 100%.There is no other reason for doing what you do.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2014, 05:34:20 AM »

No, you're getting more ridiculous.  The Antares rocket was supposed to send up about 5000 pounds (2.5 tons) of supplies, not just food.
So what do they do with that food? They have to re-hydrate it, right?
First of all, not all of the food is dehydrated.  Secondly, some of the payload is drinking water.  Thirdly, the ISS can recycle water from urine, sweat, etc.  But of course you're just going to call that nonsense as well.

Explain this: why send 2 rockets at the same time to a international space station?
Maybe for situations like this when one of the supply rockets explodes.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:36:59 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2014, 05:47:35 AM »

So what do they do with that food? They have to re-hydrate it, right?
First of all, not all of the food is dehydrated.  Secondly, some of the payload is drinking water.  Thirdly, the ISS can recycle water from urine, sweat, etc.  But of course you're just going to call that nonsense as well.

Maybe for situations like this when one of the supply rockets explodes.
I commend you for your efforts but you are simply parroting bullshit.

For all the stuff to happen as you say, this space station has to be equipped with every known life support known to man, plus the storage capacity of unreal proportions and yet what do they show us? They show us the full ship that does not confirm any of this.

As for the other rocket. It wasn't there on standby, ready loaded, so that means it was going up at the same time....why?

the reason is simple. It's because they wanted the pretence of a disaster but the contingency plan of not making people think the astronauts would starve to death, etc, so a back up rocket just so happens to have been on it's way, anyway, as if they were sending two rockets together.

It's all utter bullshit and that's why I refuse to believe that rational people cannot see this, which makes me wonder if they are either so naive it's untrue, or simply paid to make sure people don't catch on.

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2014, 06:07:25 AM »

For all the stuff to happen as you say, this space station has to be equipped with every known life support known to man,
Why is that?

plus the storage capacity of unreal proportions
What does this mean?

and yet what do they show us? They show us the full ship that does not confirm any of this.
What do you mean by a full ship?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2014, 06:25:05 AM »
For all the stuff to happen as you say, this space station has to be equipped with every known life support known to man...
Not every life support system, just the appropriate ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISS_ECLSS

...plus the storage capacity of unreal proportions and yet what do they show us? They show us the full ship that does not confirm any of this.
Did they show the inside of every storage locker on board?  You do realize that the resupply capsules are also used to take out the garbage too, don't you?  Also, the resupply capsules themselves can be used for storage.

As for the other rocket. It wasn't there on standby, ready loaded, so that means it was going up at the same time....why?
How do you know that it was not on standby?  Also, what makes you think that the ISS can't handle 2 resupply craft at the same time?

the reason is simple. It's because they wanted the pretence of a disaster but the contingency plan of not making people think the astronauts would starve to death, etc, so a back up rocket just so happens to have been on it's way, anyway, as if they were sending two rockets together.
So you're saying that NASA doesn't have contingency plans for when resupply rockets blow up?

It's all utter bullshit and that's why I refuse to believe that rational people cannot see this, which makes me wonder if they are either so naive it's untrue, or simply paid to make sure people don't catch on.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »
Naivety and full on brainwashing....or, is it something else?
I'll go with something else, in this case, an exploding 200 ton rocket, that's all I would know as you still haven't told us how large those model rockets that actually don't explode really are?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh my god, oh my god, my camera made it night time, oh my god. Bangggggggggggggggg, knocks the man over with the blast wave....oh my god.  ;D

Try again and stop putting fake shit up.

OK, I'll try again.

How large are these model rockets?
I don't know how large these model rockets are. Take your pick, because it's all Hollywood type special effects.
Why don't you look up Hollywood rocket launches and disasters. That should give you an idea.
All I know is, the space rocket launches are all fakes. The slow motion lift off tells you all you need to know.

The only reason you buy into it is because the only thing you appear to know about rockets, are from watching fantasy films, because if you watched any real rocket you would see that for them to work, they have to lift off like a bat out of hell. If they don't, they blow up. It's as simple as that.
I'd love to know what kind of Hollywood special effects make a model rocket look like a >200 ton orbital rocket. Or What kind of sfx makes a model rocket explosion look big enough that you mistake it for the Sun like you did. I've watched a few rocket launches in movies and have a pretty good idea of how those are made but I don't know how any of that applies to people watching the launch a couple miles away. You do know that anyone can just go and watch, right? Orbital rockets of this size accelerate upwards about as quickly as an object in free fall accelerates downwards, so I'm not sure what you mean by slow motion.

The rocket in question did fail to accelerate like a bat out of hell, and it did explode. So I guess it was real, is that what you're saying?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »
Scepti conflates "looking like it is going fast" with "it is going fast".
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
I'd love to know what kind of Hollywood special effects make a model rocket look like a >200 ton orbital rocket. Or What kind of sfx makes a model rocket explosion look big enough that you mistake it for the Sun like you did. I've watched a few rocket launches in movies and have a pretty good idea of how those are made but I don't know how any of that applies to people watching the launch a couple miles away. You do know that anyone can just go and watch, right? Orbital rockets of this size accelerate upwards about as quickly as an object in free fall accelerates downwards, so I'm not sure what you mean by slow motion.

The rocket in question did fail to accelerate like a bat out of hell, and it did explode. So I guess it was real, is that what you're saying?
I'll educate you later, in what rocket launches should look like to what the fake ones look like, as you appear to be totally asleep to it all, or so naive, it's puzzling.

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2014, 11:29:41 AM »
I'll educate you later
It's always later....
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »
it's all Hollywood type special effects.
What, like 'auto exposure'?  That still giving you trouble?  Odd, considering you referred to yourself as a photographer once.  I remember it being explained too, even seems you said you understood if I remember correctly.  I guess that just leaves one explanation.   
You do try, I'll give you that.
Try what?  Exposing your lack of knowledge in the very subject matter you're trying to debate?  There is no try in that sense.  You do all the work yourself.  The rest of us merely point it out.

Camera exposure has been explained to you in the past.  You deleted so many of your posts however when you had your 'tantrum' a while back, that any reply of understanding is probably gone.  Therefore, we are left with two explanations instead of one.  You're just too darn stupid to understand, or you pretend not to understand because you're a very dedicated troll (the more probable outcome based on the lies you post).

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »

I'll educate you later, in what rocket launches should look like to what the fake ones look like, as you appear to be totally asleep to it all, or so naive, it's puzzling.

Yes it's very puzzling to consider what rocket launches should look like in your opinion compared to what it actually looks like when orbital vehicles are launched in front of in situ observers and tv cameras. But I'll look forward to this education that you speak of.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »
The word on scepti's "word of the week calendar" was naive apparently.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 01:28:09 PM »
flatorange: There goes another one: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/oct/31/spaceshiptwo-richard-branson-virgin-crash-mojave

Scepti: Looking forward to your analysis.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »

He never delivers on his promises, so you are going to be waiting a really, really long time.

Sorry mate.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 02:31:49 PM »

He never delivers on his promises, so you are going to be waiting a really, really long time.

Sorry mate.

You've got to admire his resilience though. Surely?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:55 PM »

Sorry mate.

I do not admire willfully ignorant liars, no.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
flatorange: There goes another one: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/oct/31/spaceshiptwo-richard-branson-virgin-crash-mojave

My god, where do I start with this ridiculous piece of absolute shit.  ;D

I'll start off by saying that it's one hell of a clever ruse, isn't it, before I pick this apart.
I mean, all those people who've paid into this now have to wait for however long before they find out the problem. Funny as fu**.

Ok, now I'll put up the story, as the photo ....well, I don't think I need say anything about that pile of crap.

The story.

Witnesses reported the spacecraft broke apart soon after it was detached from the launch plane that carries it to 45,000ft. Rescuers found one of the pilots dead on the ground. The other, who appeared to have deployed an emergency parachute, was airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries.
Witnesses seen it break apart at 45,000 feet?
One pilot deployed a parachute after the plane broke apart? So let me get this straight. This plane flies to the edge of space and all the passengers are equipped with parachutes. Does the actual cockpit detach, plus the fuselage to allow this? Can you picture the scene. " Ermmm, what happens if there's a malfunction at the edge of space?"..."no problem, we just jettison the top of the plane and you do a Baumgartner back down, holding your breath , then deploy your chutes, silly."
::)

Virgin Galactic said that SpaceShipTwo was powered by a fuel mix that had not previously been used in flight, although it had been tested extensively on the ground. The company was unable to say whether the change to the fuel mix offered an explanation for the accident, which happened just before 11am local time.

How long have they been pissing about with this effigy?....and suddenly they try a fuel mix, never tried before? What the actual fu**... It's like telling a hang glider enthusiast that you made his canopy out of a woollen blanket that looked ok on the ground, so just try it out.  ;D

The crash served as another stark reminder the dangers of space exploration, three days after an unmanned rocket on supply mission to the international space station exploded seconds after takeoff from a Nasa launch facility in Virginia.
Yeah, it's also a stark reminder for people put dig a bit deeper into their pockets until the thing goes bust and they lose it all, to be replaced by a new bunsen burner strapped to the back of a brave Baumgartner wannable, piggy backing willing customers into orbit for 10 minutes, which will also malfunction, leaving the test astronaut dead in the sahara desert with a picture of a bent, still smouldering bunsen burner, just putt putting. ;D

“Space is hard, and today was a tough day,” said George Whitesides, CEO and president of Virgin Galactic, at a news conference. Branson was on his way to Mojave and would arrive on Saturday, he said. “We are going to be supporting the investigation as we figure out what happened today and we are going to get through it,” Whitesides said.

Space was piss easy not too long ago and now it's back to being a challenge. Baumgartner pissed it in a balloon for crying out loud, didn't he?  8)
Luckily they're going to get through it, they will have a Russian back up one that they just happened to be testing in the outer reaches of Siberia, probably, so keep your wallets in your hands, we always get through this stuff. ::)

Ken Brown, a photographer who witnessed the accident, said that the craft exploded after it was launched from the carrier vehicle. “They separated, the rocket seemed to start fine as it’s done in the past three tests, then there was a big puff. We could see that major pieces were coming down.”

So this photographer witness just happened to be in the right place at teh right time, obviously trecking in the mojave desert at the exact time this effigy seperated from it's mother plane then he saw a puff of smoke at 45,000 feet, then saw chunks falling? ...who in the hell writes this stuff?

Messier, a blogger who runs the website Parabolic Arc, which reports on space news, wrote on Twitter that he witnessed the crash from Jawbone Station, which is on a ridge overlooking the desert where the craft crashed. “We saw the twin contrails of WhiteKnightTwo overhead. They do that prior to a drop,” he tweeted. “SpaceShipTwo dropped. From what I could tell, motor fired and then stopped then fired again. I think that’s what happened.”
Of course that's what happened. You don't think us dumb sheep believe anything else do you.  ;D

Lodsdon told the Guardian that he thought the accident might “slow down the emergence of a private suborbital business,” and said that it “remains to be seen whether it will be so negative an impact that it will be impossible to revive the business.” Such an outcome would be “unfortunate, I would say sad,” he said.

Alert alert, fasten your wallets securely, the wolf of wall street has enetred the building and your shares are as worthwhile as scuba diving in a lead suit with concrete boots. Looks like some rich people are going to have to view their flight experience through a telescope. ;D

Enter expert Hadfield. We are all familair with him, right?
He said:
Chris Hadfield, a Canadian astronaut and former test pilot, who warned last year in that a crash by a Virgin Galactic craft was possible, said on Fridays said he hoped the cause of the accident would be determined swiftly.
You see, he knew and they didn't listen to this expert space station musician and hygiene teacher. This is the man that taught us all how to wipe up spills in zero gravity and eat peanut butter sandwiches and all the rest of the shite, apart from actually doing anything worthwhile.

Hadfield again:
“Trying to do something complicated doesn’t happen easily, and it doesn’t happen without cost,” he told the Guardian by telephone from Toronto. “The resolve that the professionals in the business have is what makes it happen. This is the true nature of being a test pilot or an astronaut: to see both the cost and the benefit, and to recognise that if we want to explore - if we want to go faster or go higher - then that doesn’t come for free.”

That first line, hahaha. Basically reading between the lines he's saying. You've lost all your money and anyone stupid enough to believe they are safe going up high in the sky, needs their arses smacking.

The accident is the second this week to hit a private US space company. On Tuesday, an Orbital Sciences Antares rocket exploded 15 seconds after liftoff from Wallops Island, Virginia, destroying a cargo ship bound for the International Space Station.

Wallops island? wallops frigging island?....crash bang wallop...what a picture....my god they dick slap it right into our faces and it's stinking to high heaven, yet people sniff it and love it.  ::)

About 800 people, including Tom Hanks and Angelina Jolie, had paid to book a two-hour journey into space on SpaceShipTwo, which would include a planned five minutes of weightlessness.

It just fills you with confidence doesn't it?  ;D

Last year Hadfield, whose tweeted photos, videos and rendition of David Bowie’s Space Oddity brought him global fame during a stint on the International Space Station, questioned what kind of experience future space tourists will have with Virgin Galactic, saying they are “just going to go up and fall back down again”.

Yeah, space oddity. What's odd about it is, no one's been there. And he's not wrong about falling back down again, only they never went up in teh first place. I think he means their bank balances have fallen down.

He said: “They’ll get a few minutes of weightlessness, and they’ll see the black of the universe. And they’ll see the curve of the Earth and the horizon, because they’ll be above the air. But whether that’ll be enough for the quarter-million-dollar price tag, I don’t know.”

Course it'll be enough, Chris, apparently they've already paid to sit in a seat and look at blackness.  ;D

I don't need to go any further to be honest. If people can't see this for what it is, then a cow may as well be a squirrel.  ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2014, 05:18:11 PM »

Sorry mate.
I didn't promise anything; but I do deliver. It's just not what you people want to see.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »

Sorry mate.

If you can prove just one thing that I've lied about, I will become a fully fledged liar and join your global Earth pack of them. How's that?

Proof, I said.  :)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »

Sorry mate.

If you can prove just one thing that I've lied about, I will become a fully fledged liar and join your global Earth pack of them. How's that?

We have already done that. You just say we are wrong.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »

Sorry mate.

So what proof do you have that I've lied. Don't just say you have it. Show me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »

Sorry mate.

So what proof do you have that I've lied. Don't just say you have it. Show me.
Show us why a rocket can't take off slowly.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.