10 Reasons Why Flat Earth Is True, Please?

• 59 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Flat Earth Is True, Please?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 10:22:33 AM »
You still got 9 to go. And I don't count the one you think you have. Come on kiddies.

I gave 100.  And I don't think it's relevant anymore anyway.  The OP has cowered away in fear, having realized he is no match for the intellectual might he was up against.  This thread is now about great FE scientists, and I realized that to that list we need to add Dr Rowbotham, Tom Bishop, James McIntyre, and John Davis, all of whom are world-renowned in the proper circles.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

ausGeoff

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
I'm happy to accept that flat earth scientists are "hard to come by".  No problems there.  To date, not one has ever been identified on this forum.

Wow, it is almost as if you don't believe that Einstein was a great scientist.

Uh... it's not Einstein we're talking about here Roundy.  We're talking about someone like you not being able to name a single accredited, living scientist that accepts that the earth is flat rather than spherical.  You misuse the name Einstein like you misuse the name Rowbotham—almost as though they share a not dissimilar view of the planet LOL.  At any rate, Einstein never once in his entire life said that he accepted any shape of the earth other than that of an oblate spheroid.  This is another untruth often injected into debates about the shape of the earth.

Unless of course on second thoughts you may like to name few genuine flat earth scientists to get the ball rolling?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 09:36:33 PM »
I'm happy to accept that flat earth scientists are "hard to come by".  No problems there.  To date, not one has ever been identified on this forum.

Wow, it is almost as if you don't believe that Einstein was a great scientist.
And your evidence he believed the earth was flat cannot be found.

I am sorry you do not understand relativity.
Fine, I will play your stupid little game.

No, Einstein did not believe in a flat earth. No, it's not coded in his work.

The Equivalence Principle is a great example of Einstein's flat Earth works.  He just does not come out and say it in plain words.

And it's really just a piece of the pie.  I firmly believe Einstein formulated the EP to prepare the scientific community for the shocking conclusions of his work, but the scientific community either didn't get it or willfully ignored it (sadly I suspect the latter).
Why are you two ignoring the word "locally" which is found in the EP?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

guv

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 09:47:06 PM »
Here is some fuel for the fire.

http://www.alexmeske.com/Essays/flatearth.htm

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 02:55:12 PM »
Did you guys look up what the word "locally" means yet?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2014, 06:29:10 AM »
We're talking about someone like you not being able to name a single accredited, living scientist that accepts that the earth is flat rather than spherical. 

Dr. George Vanderkuur --- oh, wait, I have already played this game with you.  ::)

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »
We're talking about someone like you not being able to name a single accredited, living scientist that accepts that the earth is flat rather than spherical. 

Dr. George Vanderkuur --- oh, wait, I have already played this game with you.  ::)

And that game resulted in the revelation that Dr. George Vanderkuur only took on the mantle of FEer (like so many here) as an exercise in epsitemological thought.  I am putting this in the same folder as "AR Wallace was a fraud".  It is titled "Tired objections that are demonstrably false."
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 06:52:12 AM »
Or, perhaps that is just what the rest of the scientific community wants for you to think. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

How did that game turn out? 

From the teacher's notes for the video: In Search of the Edge: The World is Flat
Likewise, ask students to Google George Vanderkuur, Scientist. It appears that he is an effective and active
Canadian high school physics teacher, with no indication of the Flat Earth leanings that the film seems to
maintain. Ask students to explain what they think is the reason for that?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
Roundy is my favourite flat earther...then again there are only 2 of them, and one is jroa, so that's not saying much.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »

From the teacher's notes for the video: In Search of the Edge: The World is Flat
Likewise, ask students to Google George Vanderkuur, Scientist. It appears that he is an effective and active
Canadian high school physics teacher, with no indication of the Flat Earth leanings that the film seems to

Have you ever thought that that is exactly what the conspiracy would teach the indoctrinates? 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »

Have you ever thought that that is exactly what the conspiracy would teach the indoctrinates?

I did, and about 8 hours later the LSD wore off.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »
Well with the lack of rebuttal at least we are all on the same page that Einstein did not think the earth is flat.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »

Yes, the conspiracy is teaching its indoctrinates to research and fact check what they're being taught.  Damned conspiracy!!  >:(

ausGeoff

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »
Dr. George Vanderkuur --- oh, wait, I have already played this game with you. 

Oh dear.....

jroa has reintroduced his one and only attempt at naming an accredited flat earth scientist, Dr. George Vanderkuur.

I thought we'd already sussed out—and jroa had accepted—that Vanderkuur did not and does not accept the flat earth hypothesis in any way at all.  He only lent his professional persona to the kid's video to give it some semblance of truth, as the teachers (correctly) guessed the kids would Google his name to check his academic credentials as a scientist.

This is the site explaining it all HERE for anybody who missed it first time around.

And I'm still having trouble accepting that jroa still believes that Vanderkuur is a genuine flat earther.   ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
lol, Google did not even exist in the 80s when the film was made.  You make yourself look worse with every post you make. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »
lol, Google did not even exist in the 80s when the film was made.
???  What does that have to do with anything?

You make yourself look worse with every post you make.
Random irrelevant comments don't make you look too bright either.

ausGeoff

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
lol, Google did not even exist in the 80s when the film was made.  You make yourself look worse with every post you make.

Uh... what does Google have to do with Vanderkuur's scientific credentials? 

Or are you still claiming Vanderkuur as a genuine flat earther?  And if that's the case—as it seems to be—can you please cite references to support that claim?

Incidentally the film was made in 1990, around the same time "Archie" was released.  Or do you really think that Google was the first (or only) search engine ever available on the WWW?  I'm guessing you're fairly young?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 10:56:54 AM »
I thought we'd already sussed out—and jroa had accepted—that Vanderkuur did not and does not accept the flat earth hypothesis in any way at all.  He only lent his professional persona to the kid's video to give it some semblance of truth, as the teachers (correctly) guessed the kids would Google his name to check his academic credentials as a scientist.

lol, you think that Google was around at the same time. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »

Are you suggesting that the video was only ever shown to classrooms before Google was founded?  ???

ausGeoff

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »

You do realise that this pseudo-documentary is still being shown to students don't you jroa?  Or maybe you don't?  It was last released by Bullfrog Films on DVD in 2011 for schools in the US.  Or don't you think Google was around in 2011 maybe?

"In Search of the Edge is a comprehensive documentary proving, fairly conclusively, that the Earth is flat! Humorous, thought provoking, and at once both absurdist and matter of fact, it presents a carefully constructed argument from a definite, well-researched "flat-Earth" point of view, while dismissing the "global Earth" doctrine as little more than an elaborate hoax".

Sorry my friend, but the laugh's clearly on you.    ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 01:24:37 PM »

Are you suggesting that the video was only ever shown to classrooms before Google was founded?  ???

No, that was ausGeoff's claim.  Please keep up. 

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »
You still got 9 to go. And I don't count the one you think you have. Come on kiddies.

I gave 100.  And I don't think it's relevant anymore anyway.  The OP has cowered away in fear, having realized he is no match for the intellectual might he was up against.  This thread is now about great FE scientists, and I realized that to that list we need to add Dr Rowbotham, Tom Bishop, James McIntyre, and John Davis, all of whom are world-renowned in the proper circles.
Or, perhaps the OP had no access to his computer for a while.
Back on topic, What do you mean by "Proper Circles"?
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »

Where did he claim that?  ???

ausGeoff

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 03:37:44 AM »

It's actually you that needs to "keep up" jroa.  I never even suggested that the video was only shown to kids before the advent of Google.  In fact I claimed exactly the contrary—if you read my comment again.

At any rate, do you seriously believe that Google was the first ever search engine?    ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 06:34:16 AM »

It's actually you that needs to "keep up" jroa.  I never even suggested that the video was only shown to kids before the advent of Google.  In fact I claimed exactly the contrary—if you read my comment again.

At any rate, do you seriously believe that Google was the first ever search engine?    ;D

You made it clear that you believed that Dr. Vanderkuur was only in that documentary so that the students could google him.  Now, you are trying to back out of your claim.  You are so easy. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
You made it clear that you believed that Dr. Vanderkuur was only in that documentary so that the students could google him. 
Please link the post where he made that claim.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »
You made it clear that you believed that Dr. Vanderkuur was only in that documentary so that the students could google him. 

Sure thing, markjo.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »

Sure thing, markjo.

Ah, I think that I see your source of confusion.  It seems that you missed the comma that separates what Geoff claims as Vanderkuur's intended purpose (lending credibility to the film) from the completely separate act of verifying his credentials that may or may not have been the intent of the film makers.

ausGeoff

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
You made it clear that you believed that Dr. Vanderkuur was only in that documentary so that the students could google him.  Now, you are trying to back out of your claim.  You are so easy.

You must have missed (or more than likely ignored) the part of my posting where I commented about earlier search engines such as "Archie" (archive without the v) c.1987.  Or do you really think that Google was the first (or only) search engine ever available on the WWW?  If that's the case, then I'm guessing you're fairly young?

At any rate, most informed people now use the word "google" as a generic term.  Googling is even defined in the dictionary thusly:  "to search the internet for information about (a person, place, topic, etc)".

Also did it occur to you at all that waaay back when, school students didn't necessarily have to use on-line search engines to verify someone's academic qualifications?  They could use... ta daaa... books!

;D

PS:  I really can't believe how literally you read everything jroa.  You seem to so often miss the overall thrust of comments, and focus instead on each and every triviality.