Questions

• 51 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Questions
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 06:35:14 AM »
How in the hell the diameter of the sun can be measured is a mystery, never mind the distance.

Really, really large callipers.  It is easy.   ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41:09 AM »
How in the hell the diameter of the sun can be measured is a mystery, never mind the distance.

Really, really large callipers.  It is easy.   ;D
Damn it, I feel such a fool.  ;D

?

guv

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »
Septic To get the distance to the sun you sus out a transit of Venus from a few places on earth on the same day and the do some trig. The size of the sun will be obvious after a bit more trig. Just because you got stoned at school does not mean it ain't been worked out.

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 06:58:04 AM »
Of course there's mathematics and such. It can be made to fit anything that is guessed at.

Mathematics can't be made to fit anything which is guessed at. This shows your lack of understanding of mathematics.
Yeah yeah, I've heard it all before. Take a look at your ridiculous globe and planetary calculations to see how they are all made up to fit what they want you to believe.
93 million mile distant sun that is 865,000 miles in diameter. And here's people like you just buying into the crap.

Explain how we see sun rise and set across the world, all consistent with a round earth.

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 06:59:10 AM »
Of course there's mathematics and such. It can be made to fit anything that is guessed at.

Mathematics can't be made to fit anything which is guessed at. This shows your lack of understanding of mathematics.
Yeah yeah, I've heard it all before. Take a look at your ridiculous globe and planetary calculations to see how they are all made up to fit what they want you to believe.
93 million mile distant sun that is 865,000 miles in diameter. And here's people like you just buying into the crap.

Transit of Venus, anyone?

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 06:59:26 AM »

Look up how to do it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
Septic To get the distance to the sun you sus out a transit of Venus from a few places on earth on the same day and the do some trig. The size of the sun will be obvious after a bit more trig. Just because you got stoned at school does not mean it ain't been worked out.
How do you calculate the size of venus?

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 07:13:03 AM »

You don't need the size of Venus.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 07:14:39 AM »

How did they calculate the size and distance of venus?

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 07:26:04 AM »

Here's something for you: just google it - then come back with your inane questions.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »

Please read my previous post: You don't need the size of venus.

Edit: I'm not nagging I just posted at the same time as Jimmy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:29:29 AM by mathsman »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »

Please read my previous post: You don't need the size of venus.

Edit: I'm not nagging I just posted at the same time as Jimmy.
No problem.
All I'm asking now is, how do they work out the size and distance of venus. You've already told me about the sun, now I'm asking about venus.
It's a chat forum and the topic is questions, so I'm asking some questions, that's all.

?

guv

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:56 AM »
Septic the is size only important to woman, or blokes who feel inferior. At it's transit Venus looks like a dot. Do some more learning boy.

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 07:57:51 AM »
The transit of Venus is the crossing of the sun's disk by Venus. Google this, read the articles, absorb them and it will explain all you need to know. Come back to me when you've fully absorbed it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 09:48:42 AM »
Ok, so they don't know how to measure the distance and diameter of venus. That's all I asked.

Anyway: so how do they get the suns distance and diameter by watching a little dot (venus) do a transit?

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 09:52:19 AM »
Ok, so they don't know how to measure the distance and diameter of venus. That's all I asked.

Anyway: so how do they get the suns distance and diameter by watching a little dot (venus) do a transit?
Stop demanding to be spoon-fed like little baby.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »

Look it up.  And then quote the link you disagree with.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
dragonspiral11, be informed that FET is real and TFES exists to undo what RET believers have accumulated over their short span of relevance. The time-line recognizing a flat Earth greatly exceeds that of RET for all the right reasons. 

It is good you have found the site.  To date, you have only been exposed to shovels-full of RET compared to a tweezer-full of FET and are not alone facing this problem.   

Having been exposed to the same type of RET matter as you I can also inform you that after further research, you will arrive at a better realization of Earth shape like so many others have.

Do not be discouraged by the proposals and explanations put forth by REers here until you have equalized with the same levels of FET.   

Ahem and BTW. Observe that illustration that gotham uses as his signature line. I believe he will tell you that is a photo of the so-called flat earth Ice Ring. If you will google on glaciers, ice shelfs, ice bergs, etc. you will find the illustration that gotham uses is just a cropped enlargement of a photo of a glacier, ice shelf or iceberg, etc.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
*sigh*
http://www.astronomynotes.com/solarsys/s2.htm
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 11:49:19 AM »
*sigh*

OK markjo....I'm just second guessing that this is what sceptimatic is going to say:

(Quote) "They just made up all that gobbledegook to fit the numbers that they wanted to get. "  LOL !
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 04:04:38 PM »
*sigh*

OK markjo....I'm just second guessing that this is what sceptimatic is going to say:

(Quote) "They just made up all that gobbledegook to fit the numbers that they wanted to get. "  LOL !
Except that every time they improve the technique, they get different numbers. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 06:53:39 AM »
Damn it, I feel such a fool.

Why am I not surprised?