What is wrong in this Picture ?

• 66 Replies
What is wrong in this Picture ?
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:16:27 AM »
This Picture is strange ... look how the Gravity bent the left Arm of the Astronaut Gerst ...  ;D

http://www.n-tv.de/wissen/Gerst-steigt-aus-ins-All-article13727361.html

Re: What is wrong in this Picture ?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 05:49:37 AM »
Can someone explain me this special effects ? " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

For a G Zero Plane it took to much Time ... is it made with modern special fx ? Someone Idea ?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:21:18 PM »
Perhaps 0g distorts light. 

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:25 PM »
This Picture is strange ... look how the Gravity bent the left Arm of the Astronaut Gerst ...  ;D

Camera lens, as you know.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 11:16:11 PM »
I have 2 Questions:

1. Is the Gravity (perhaps there is no Gravity at all, if the Earth is going "Upwards") in high Alltitude the same like on the Surface?

2. Is the Light from the Moon coming from the Sun ? And when yes, and the earth is not round, why we see light on the moon but not the sun, at the same time. I didn´t found nothing about it, i´m still searching.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
1.  No.  Gravity decreases the further away from the earth you travel.

2. Yes. Mostly.  Light from the sun bounces and scatters off the moon.  A very very very small portion of the moon's light is from the sun bouncing off the earth, to the moon, and back to the earth.

I'm not too clear on your follow-up question in part two. Sorry.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »
@macrohard

how you know that, with the Gravity ? In 40 km (Baumgartner) was no less Gravity at all i think. in which alltitude we can a change ?

i found something about lunar eclipse. have to read it first ...

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
@macrohard

how you know that, with the Gravity ? In 40 km (Baumgartner) was no less Gravity at all i think. in which alltitude we can a change ?

Because it has been measured directly.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 10:03:54 PM »

Can't you embed the picture? I went to the site you linked and I have no idea what is wrong with any of the pictures I see. Perhaps you mean his right arm?

A little work on your OP goes a long ways.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »
Looks like she's hanging upside down and that's what is making her face go red.  Or maybe her face is red because she was outside tanning recently...

She mentions having to wash the dirt out.  Isn't the ISS supposed to be sealed and clean, so where is the dirt coming from.  It's not like she's living in Kansas and surrounded by a dust bowl…

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:28 PM »
I don't see any problems with the hair washing video,   but then,  unless you have had to wash your hair in space, how would you know?

Don't see anything funny about the Gerst pictures either,   which picture were we supposed to look at?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 09:15:21 PM »
Looks like she's hanging upside down and that's what is making her face go red.  Or maybe her face is red because she was outside tanning recently...

She mentions having to wash the dirt out.  Isn't the ISS supposed to be sealed and clean, so where is the dirt coming from.  It's not like she's living in Kansas and surrounded by a dust bowl…

The skepticism is palpable. I love it. Please continue.

@macrohard

Gravity decreases the farther you get away from the center of the Earth. This has been measured at different altitudes and even just at different points on Earth (it's not a perfect sphere).

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »

@macrohard

Gravity decreases the farther you get away from the center of the Earth. This has been measured at different altitudes and even just at different points on Earth (it's not a perfect sphere).
it's not perfect sphere it's tilt it's wobbling it's rotating how can it be more complicated and less elegant ?

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »

@macrohard

it's not perfect sphere it's tilt it's wobbling it's rotating how can it be more complicated and less elegant ?

News flash: The real world isn't all bubble gum and rainbows. Physics is complicated. Not everything is going to conform to your perfect view of the universe because you want it to, it's going to continue to be complicated. Any student who has taken a high school physics class can tell you that.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 07:05:22 AM »
News flash: The real world isn't all bubble gum and rainbows. Physics is complicated. Not everything is going to conform to your perfect view of the universe because you want it to, it's going to continue to be complicated. Any student who has taken a high school physics class can tell you that.

Or maybe the likes of Newton, Einstein and Hawking where purposely employed to make physics complicated so that the average person couldn't see through the lie, when in actual fact it is all very simple.  People have a habit of making things much harder than it really is.

My eye clearly sees she's upside down and I do not need a physics degree to prove or disprove what I see.

I actually found high school physics rather easy, but just a waste of time as none of what I learnt applies to my real life.  In reflection, all of the education system was a waste of time, but that is what it's meant to be.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:12:43 AM by WBimmer »

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 08:14:17 AM »

Or maybe the likes of Newton, Einstein and Hawking where purposely employed to make physics complicated so that the average person couldn't see through the lie, when in actual fact it is all very simple. 
Then why teach physics in school if they don't want anyone to understand it?
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 09:32:34 AM »

Or maybe the likes of Newton, Einstein and Hawking where purposely employed to make physics complicated so that the average person couldn't see through the lie, when in actual fact it is all very simple. 
Then why teach physics in school if they don't want anyone to understand it?

Because that is how they keep reinforcing the program and ensuring people believe in the lie.  You have to keep passing on the lie to generation after generation, otherwise it looses it's effect on control.

Let's imagine for fun that school didn't teach physics and all of the other subjects and just taught people the earth is flat and the centre of the universe.  Regardless of whether or not this is true, you'd have everyone believing the world is flat and nobody would question it, as they don't question anything today either.

School is simply a system to indoctrinate and program the young mind into believing and accepting the rules and beliefs of society and making them into good subjects to move into the corporate world to participate in the corporate game, to support the elite in their own agendas, whatever they may be.

Thinking back to my childhood and adolescence, i learned nothing in school of any value and all of my valued learnings came from my own personal experiences.  As a kid playing on the swings and roundabouts taught me more about physics than any high school class did.  Climbing trees and jumping off roofs gave me plenty of lessons about how heavy objects like to fall down and the higher you go, the higher the impact.  I do not care about the math of why this is, i just know it exists and that's all that matters. 

Experience trumps knowledge and theory.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:34:36 AM by WBimmer »

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »
Thinking back to my childhood and adolescence, i learned nothing in school of any value and all of my valued learnings came from my own personal experiences.  As a kid playing on the swings and roundabouts taught me more about physics than any high school class did.  Climbing trees and jumping off roofs gave me plenty of lessons about how heavy objects like to fall down and the higher you go, the higher the impact.  I do not care about the math of why this is, i just know it exists and that's all that matters. 

I'm guessing you don't work as a structural engineer.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
How did you learn the equation for force on the swings?  ???
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 07:01:11 PM »

I'm guessing you don't work as a structural engineer.

I'm just guessing that he doesn't work in anything in the real world ? You certainly have to use a lot of physics and math to make things work in the real world.
I would never have gotten a job in the first place if I hadn't learned a lot of things in school in the first place. What  kind of a resume' does this guy have ?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:07:18 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »

I agree you learned nothing,  and it shows.    If you understood a little of why things work, then you wouldn't be fooled so easily.

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 01:20:38 AM »

What do you think informs knowledge and theory? Experience, observations, experiments. Good grief.

Glad my physics degree is a waste of time and everything I learned is lies. Good to know the real genius is here on TFES.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 01:22:09 AM »

What do you think informs knowledge and theory? Experience, observations, experiments. Good grief.

Glad my physics degree is a waste of time and everything I learned is lies. Good to know the real genius is here on TFES.

You don't have a Physics degree.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 05:11:42 AM »

I think he was attempting sarcasm,  in response to  Wbummer's  comments about the value of education,  and yes I believe he probably does have a physics degree.

Sarcasm,  is a tricky thing to master, in an on-line forum,  quite often you will be taken literally, when the opposite is intended.   Best avoided, if possible.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »

I think he was attempting sarcasm,  in response to  Wbummer's  comments about the value of education,  and yes I believe he probably does have a physics degree.

Sarcasm,  is a tricky thing to master, in an on-line forum,  quite often you will be taken literally, when the opposite is intended.   Best avoided, if possible.

Ah that makes more sense.

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 04:53:54 AM »

So, did you ever try kicking the roundabout hub?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63831.0

LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:13 AM »

So quite simply you believe you are more qualified at physics than someone who studied and has a degree in physics becuase you played on a playground?

Kids on the playground also learn about cuts, scrapes, cooties and boo boos...are they more qualified to be doctors?

When your experiences get measured...the experience is not negated but you might start to gain knowledge.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

?

Art

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 06:59:57 AM »
All those people, Einstein, Newton, etc. gave things context and made things simpler, not more complicated.
RET:0 - FET:0

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 09:56:24 PM »

"Earth's gravitation" appears to decrease as you rise closer to the celestial bodies, which is only natural, as you become more influenced by celestial gravitation.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 03:06:35 AM »

"Earth's gravitation" appears to decrease as you rise closer to the celestial bodies, which is only natural, as you become more influenced by celestial gravitation.

Remember, we're not talking about elevation here. Sea level is just a different distance to the core at the poles than it is at the equator. So are you suggesting there is bulge (that peaks at the equator) around the flat Earth?