The origins of the great round-earth conspiracy

• 78 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The origins of the great round-earth conspiracy
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2014, 08:14:47 AM »
I don't know what the cold war actually was. The fact is, neither do you. You said you felt the effects. What effects did you feel personally?
The Cold War was the name given to the tensions between the former Soviet Union and the US.  Some of the effects felt by people included the Korean and Viet Nam wars.

Or, so they lead you to believe. 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 08:20:31 AM »
—Also, do you have any viable evidence that the Cold War was in actuality a bogus war set up by the USA and the USSR in collusion? 

You want him to prove a negative?  Can you prove that the Loch Ness Monster is not real?  How about you prove that fairies do not exist?  Big Foot?  You understand that proving a negative is not really possible, right? 

This would be fairly easy to prove.  Obviously, there would be some form of communications between the USA and USSR about their plans to dupe the world's population.  Dig up some of that documentation and you prove that the Cold War was bogus.

LOL, yeah, secret plans between governments are just a google click away.  ::)
[/quote]
Because there has never been anyone who a has ever spoken out against corrupt governments or leaked government secrets...   ::)

ausGeoff

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2014, 08:21:48 AM »
You want him to prove a negative?  Can you prove that the Loch Ness Monster is not real?  How about you prove that fairies do not exist?  Big Foot?  You understand that proving a negative is not really possible, right? 

You've fallen for the philosophical trap of claiming that one cannot "prove" a negative jroa.

When considering unfalsifiable claims, Bertrand Russell used an analogy of a celestial teapot. If a teapot was drifting in space between the Earth and Mars (making it unobservable), he claimed it would be unreasonable to expect belief of the teapot based on their inability to disprove the teapot's existence. He compared the belief in God to the belief in a celestial teapot; in both cases it is not the responsibility of disbelievers to disprove its existence.

Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of skeptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake.

If I [Russell] were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.

—I also note yet again another of your frequent attempts to further derail these threads, by posting a personal defense of another forum member.  This is off-topic and irrelevant, and of all people jroa, you—as a moderator—should be setting the standard.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2014, 08:28:45 AM »
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.

Can I quote this in 12 month's time?    ;D

BTW jroa, I never follow your lead.  You might take me places my dear old mum used to warn me about.

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
—Also, do you have any viable evidence that the Cold War was in actuality a bogus war set up by the USA and the USSR in collusion? 

How about proving a positive: you are the one claiming a massive worldwide conspiracy between 10s of countries over several decades to pretend that there was a Cold War.  It's up to you to provide some evidence of the conspiracy.

I've, helpfully, dug out these text message exchanges between Khrushchev and Kennedy during the Cuban missile crisis:

Khrushchev: LOL!  They are actually buying this cold war shit!

Kennedy: I know!  It's hilarious, they actually think our countries are enemies.

Khrushchev: they even think nuclear weapons and the space programs are real.  Idiots!

Kennedy: well funny

Khrushchev: why are we doing this again, I forget?

Kennedy: errm, I've forgotten as well...ah, got it, it's so they don't find out the earth is actually flat.  Remember only the leaders in big countries know that earth is flat, and they don't want anyone else to know.

Khrushchev: I don't really get it....

Kennedy: no, I don't either, but it's still funny!

Khrushchev: yes it is comrade.  Have you seen that video of the cat falling off the table?  It is well funny too...

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »

Absolute gold Jimmy!

;D   ;D   ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »
I don't know what the cold war actually was. The fact is, neither do you. You said you felt the effects. What effects did you feel personally?
The Cold War was the name given to the tensions between the former Soviet Union and the US.  Some of the effects felt by people included the Korean and Viet Nam wars.
I'm well aware of what it was meant to be, I did read into it years ago. I didn't question it then and to be honest, I haven't really thought to go into any detail of questioning now, other than to say, it appears to me, NOW, that this was just another scaremongering tactic used by the elite - call it one huge government - world government - NWO ignition or whatever, I don't really know the full on issue of how it's panned out, other than, it appears more fishy as time goes on, especially regarding how I feel about nuclear weapons, power and all the rest of the weird shenanigans that have went on for scores and scores of years, to present day.

Let's put it this way. It appears to me that whoever runs this world, does so with the intentions of keeping us all frightened, using all ways and means, as well as taking away all of our hard earned money whilst doing so, leaving us totally reliant on them, which, in time, we will be so reliant on them that we will effectively be real slaves and know it, not the slaves we are that we accept on the pretext of an honest days work for an honest days pay, which it clearly isn't for the majority.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »

How about proving a positive: you are the one claiming a massive worldwide conspiracy between 10s of countries over several decades to pretend that there was a Cold War.  It's up to you to provide some evidence of the conspiracy.

I've, helpfully, dug out these text message exchanges between Khrushchev and Kennedy during the Cuban missile crisis:

Kennedy: I know!  It's hilarious, they actually think our countries are enemies.

Khrushchev: they even think nuclear weapons and the space programs are real.  Idiots!

Kennedy: errm, I've forgotten as well...ah, got it, it's so they don't find out the earth is actually flat.  Remember only the leaders in big countries know that earth is flat, and they don't want anyone else to know.

Khrushchev: yes it is comrade.  Have you seen that video of the cat falling off the table?  It is well funny too...
Or maybe something like this.

Khrushchev: Are we going to be the first to fake putting a man into space?

Kennedy: Well, yeah, you sell Yuri to the world and have a few years of you lot forging ahead in space exploration, then we can take over from there after getting the public's arses nipping, thinking you are going to trounce us.

Khrushchev:Ahh ok, that sounds good, so what's next?

Kennedy: Well, once we get the publics attention, we can start a full on arms race and space race type of thing, but naturally we have to be the ones that forge ahead over time, so I'll declare we will put a man on the moon.

Khrushchev: Hahahaha. come on Kenner, you can't do that - they won't buy that for a minute.

Kennedy: You just watch. What I'll do is, I'll tell them early in this decade that we will put a man on the moon before this decade is out, then wait till, say...1969, maybe July where we manage it. I've got a great film maker in mind, so we can put pictures out to the public and also I've got some people working on building abslute shit contraptions that we will use as landing vehicles. The sketches look hilarious but the people will buy into it as long as we cover the cereal boxes in gold foil for effect.

Khrushchev: How much can we scrounge from the publics pockets?

Kennedy: Well let's put it this way, the models and filming and such will run into a million or so - maybe less but we can say it will take BILLIONS .

Khrushchev:Genius, Kenner, it looks like we're onto a winner here my son, lovely jubbly.

Kennedy: This cold war malarkey can rake in billions upon billions with arms races, space missions and a whole host of things to come, we will be taking every penny from the gullible public over time as more and more silly notions are thought up. Trust me, we can do anything and the public will just swallow it hook line and sinker.

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 12:28:55 PM »
I've been a guest to this site for a while now as I find most of the debates fascinating, but I had to register when I read above quote. You sir have hit the nail on the head. Flat earth theory is just ludicrous IMO but it's like a bad car crash.. as much as I should, I can't stop reading. I would be very surprised if 99% of FE'ers aren't just taking the piss purely for the sake of debate. There is a reason why no one has responded to you, as the above Flat earth model just CANNOT be explained. Come on JROA, SCEPTI etc... explain that one please.... I/We await with bated breath, although we won't hold it!!

G'day Weldo...  I've accepted the spherical earth model, the force of gravity, space travel, man-made satellites, the Apollo missions, and the current model of the universe ever since my high school science days—which are longer ago than I'd like to admit LOL.  I also have a diploma in mechanical engineering which at the very least gives me an insight into physics, trigonometry, mechanics, surveying, and that sort of stuff.

And I agree: There's a few flat earthers here that I'm sure are just taking the piss for the fun of it, plus getting a rise out of round earthers (like me) who repeatedly try to get some sort of meaningful debate going.  Sceptimatic is THE classic example.  It's totally beyond the realms of possibility that any rational adult living in the 21st century could possibly be so totally ignorant of the contemporary sciences, and even stuff that most grade school kids have a grasp of.

Oddly enough—but maybe unsurprisingly—sceptimatic's comments gain a lot more attention and responses than do mine.  Even though the guy is a total whack job, and has not one academic qualification to his name.  Which is pretty easy to understand when you think about it.  His fellow flat earthers can easily shoot his nutty ideas down, whereas they have a lot more difficulty refuting any/all of my science-based claims and proofs.

You'll also note a lot of crude insults directed at genuine round earthers—never ending ad hominems—whenever they're backed into a corner with nowhere to go.  And which happens frequently LOL.  I've been told to F**K OFF numerous times, and even called a C**T—unbelievably!

There's also two sets of moderating standards on this site, which will become more than obvious if you start posting a lot of stuff:  There's one stringent set of forum rules for round earthers, and another, much more flexible set for flat earthers.  Although of course the moderators (such as they are) will deny this absolutely... well, they would wouldn't they LOL.

Anyway, as a fellow round earther, I'll look forward to you stirring the pot.   ;D

G'day Bruce, er, I mean Geoff! As I have already stated, I have been a keen "lurker" on this site for a while now so I've become familiar with who's who and their online personalities for want of a better description. As you have admitted yourself you do seem to get a lot of flack here, but I quite enjoy your input.

Anyway, back to the point. I see the whole discussion has gone all Cold War. No one has yet responded to DonaldC's question. Sidestepped as usual.

BTW The whole Scepti going to Antarctica but not being sure he was in Antarctica because he could have been anywhere that was cold with snow on the ground... for six months... collecting samples for some secret organisation thread is a cracker!!! Wouldn't be the same here without ya Scepti!!!!

Edited; TYPO
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:31:08 PM by Weldo »

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »

Slow clap
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2014, 07:34:11 AM »
It appears to me that whoever runs this world, does so with the intentions of keeping us all frightened, using all ways and means, as well as taking away all of our hard earned money whilst doing so, leaving us totally reliant on them, which, in time, we will be so reliant on them that we will effectively be real slaves and know it, not the slaves we are that we accept on the pretext of an honest days work for an honest days pay, which it clearly isn't for the majority.

To a degree I have to agree with you sceptimatic.  One only has to look at the ways the major corporatists in Australia are effectively guiding our conservative government's national policies—particularly our inappropriate military engagement in the Middle East, purely at the behest of US president Obama.  At home, our government is manufacturing a false environment of societal fear of Islamic terrorism on Australian soil, despite there being no hard evidence of its existence—other than a handful of disenfranchised young Muslims with big mouths but no brains.  And a fearful population is a malleable population.  Also, the higher this (bogus) fear factor is, the more devious, controlling legislation the government can sneak through parliament, and the more the population can be distracted from major local issues such as a rising unemployment rate, a massive national fiscal deficit, and third-rate education, health, law and order, and social services facilities.

But... that's a world away from believing that we're succumbing to some sort of global conspiracy run by a fanciful New World Order, or secret cabal of powerful governmental officials spread all over the world. I just can't imagine Obama calling them up and saying to Kim Jong-un and Putin and Xi Jinping "Gee guys, we're really fooling all our countries' dumb hoi polloi with this talk of being constantly on the brink of war.  They never even figured out the phony Cold War was simply a convenient fabrication between us and the USSR. Keep up the good work guys—we're still fooling 7 billion people LOL."

And I say again sceptimatic, unless you lived through the Cold War period, you have no idea what you're talking about—claiming it was a setup.

And I ask you again; were you alive during the Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961?  Yes or no?

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
You realize, don't you, that the United States and Soviet Union were bitter enemies engaged in the Cold War at the time, right? There is no way that the two countries would make an agreement about faking space missions during a period when both sides were fearful that the other would launch a nuclear attack. 

Or so you have been lead to believe.  Conspiracy maybe?

You think the Cold War itself might have been a hoax?  Are you out of your mind?!  Do you also suspect that WWII was a hoax?  Maybe the American Revolutionary War was a hoax, too.  Come to think of it, why would you believe the Revolutionary War actually happened?  You weren't there to personally witness it.  Do you believe it just because the "authorities" tell you it happened?

You believe something just because you read it in a history book?

I want to know where you found your proof that the Earth is flat. Was it told to you by someone? Did you read it somewhere? Did you travel to the edge and see it first hand? I really want to know. I'm not trying to be a dick, I really want to know. I totally believe that the Earth is flat, otherwise the Bible is wrong. Please tell me soon so I can sleep tonight. nah... I'm just messin' with ya, I know it's not flat.

I just want you to understand how ridiculous your response is when you obviously have no proof and YOU believe what you've been told, or have read. Actually, I tend to believe that you are merely attempting to troll for the fun of it. The same way I'm trolling you  :-*

Seriously, quit using that "you believe it because you read it in a history book" lameass reply when you believe without firsthand knowledge.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:59:36 PM by ijusthadto »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2014, 12:48:34 AM »
The same way I'm trolling you  :-*

Either you are a terrible troll, or you don't really understand what trolling is.  I will give you a pro-tip--don't admit that you are trolling, especially not in the same post in which you are trying to troll someone.  Let me know if you need more tips. 

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2014, 05:24:56 AM »
The whole conspiracy thing is one of the most fascinating aspects of FET. The logistics of such an enterprise is staggering to say the least. True, NASA is often cited but there are dozens of space agencies worldwide, employing tens of thousands of people no doubt. The "reason" for this conspiracy is also pretty vague. Financial reasons seem to be something FE's agree on but the cost to maintain such a gargantuan lie like a round earth would easily be in the trillions to date. Remember dozens of agencies and thousands of people to keep quiet not to mention the private companies and people who have ventured balloons and whatnot into orbit. Current government budgets for space exploration no matter the country would not be able to cover this lie AND pocket money. NASA's yearly budget is around 18 billion but they employ 18000 people. With Hollywood studio rentals, props, cameras, crew, their salaries, catering, film directors along with a LOT of photography, that doesn't leave much to buy their silence does it?

I only wish a flat earther would explain to me in a clear, non obscure fashion, the exact workings of this great conspiracy, or at least a believable theory..

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
The same way I'm trolling you  :-*

Either you are a terrible troll, or you don't really understand what trolling is.  I will give you a pro-tip--don't admit that you are trolling, especially not in the same post in which you are trying to troll someone.  Let me know if you need more tips.

sure, what other pro tips have you got for a noob like me?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2014, 06:05:49 PM »
I've been a guest to this site for a while now as I find most of the debates fascinating, but I had to register when I read above quote. You sir have hit the nail on the head. Flat earth theory is just ludicrous IMO but it's like a bad car crash.. as much as I should, I can't stop reading. I would be very surprised if 99% of FE'ers aren't just taking the piss purely for the sake of debate. There is a reason why no one has responded to you, as the above Flat earth model just CANNOT be explained. Come on JROA, SCEPTI etc... explain that one please.... I/We await with bated breath, although we won't hold it!!

G'day Weldo...  I've accepted the spherical earth model, the force of gravity, space travel, man-made satellites, the Apollo missions, and the current model of the universe ever since my high school science days—which are longer ago than I'd like to admit LOL.  I also have a diploma in mechanical engineering which at the very least gives me an insight into physics, trigonometry, mechanics, surveying, and that sort of stuff.

And I agree: There's a few flat earthers here that I'm sure are just taking the piss for the fun of it, plus getting a rise out of round earthers (like me) who repeatedly try to get some sort of meaningful debate going.  Sceptimatic is THE classic example.  It's totally beyond the realms of possibility that any rational adult living in the 21st century could possibly be so totally ignorant of the contemporary sciences, and even stuff that most grade school kids have a grasp of.

Oddly enough—but maybe unsurprisingly—sceptimatic's comments gain a lot more attention and responses than do mine.  Even though the guy is a total whack job, and has not one academic qualification to his name.  Which is pretty easy to understand when you think about it.  His fellow flat earthers can easily shoot his nutty ideas down, whereas they have a lot more difficulty refuting any/all of my science-based claims and proofs.

You'll also note a lot of crude insults directed at genuine round earthers—never ending ad hominems—whenever they're backed into a corner with nowhere to go.  And which happens frequently LOL.  I've been told to F**K OFF numerous times, and even called a C**T—unbelievably!

There's also two sets of moderating standards on this site, which will become more than obvious if you start posting a lot of stuff:  There's one stringent set of forum rules for round earthers, and another, much more flexible set for flat earthers.  Although of course the moderators (such as they are) will deny this absolutely... well, they would wouldn't they LOL.

Anyway, as a fellow round earther, I'll look forward to you stirring the pot.   ;D

I think that jolly well explains the Flat Earth Society Forum website. ;D
If this was a "Sherlock Holmes" case, it would be entitled .: "The Strange Case Of The Flat Earth Society Forum." LOL and Let The Good Times Roll, Mr. ausGeoff. I am here for the entertainment, too ! See my signature line. Rock On !
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2014, 06:43:25 AM »
I HAVE IT!!

Mabye the Earth is really flat!! All this organizations and FE believers know it....that the Earth is actually an alien spaceship!!! And they are aliens themselves and give us facts and evidence of a round Earth, so we won`t suspect anything..

OOOOHH you sneaky ones, I caught you!

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »
I HAVE IT!!

Mabye the Earth is really flat!! All this organizations and FE believers know it....that the Earth is actually an alien spaceship!!! And they are aliens themselves and give us facts and evidence of a round Earth, so we won`t suspect anything..

OOOOHH you sneaky ones, I caught you!
That scenario is more plausible than most (if not all) of what you can find in FET.