Conspiracy theories

• 25 Replies
Conspiracy theories
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »
Every conspiracy has a goal. Therefore I love conspiracies. They're interesting. But why would every scientist want me to believe that the Earth is round? What is their interest? I will not live my live differently on a flat or round world. I wouldn't travel less or more. Nor would I change my opinion in different political discussions.

So tell me, why?

ausGeoff

Re: Conspiracy theories
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:31:20 PM »
I've seen the two most common answers suggested by the flat earthers...

a)   For multinational corporations to keep on making trillions of dollars annually by perpetuating the notion of space exploration.

b)   To enable the US government and its wealthy capitalist fiends to maintain power over an ignorant and therefore malleable population.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
Ok, so let's assume that the earth really is flat. What does that have to do with space exploration?  Do the flat earthers not believe that the earth is in space? That there is a universe we are in. Please don't tell me they believe the earth sits on the back of some giant turtle or something else ridiculous like that.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:28:34 AM »
Borrowed from today's "Baldo" comic strip and altered to fit the present situation .
LOL.

"It takes a lot of brains to make a very bad good stupid show Website like the Flat Earth Society Forum."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:31:55 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:15:56 AM »
So what was the reason for all scientists before the millions of space exploration?

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
I've seen the two most common answers suggested by the flat earthers...

a)   For multinational corporations to keep on making trillions of dollars annually by perpetuating the notion of space exploration.

b)   To enable the US government and its wealthy capitalist fiends to maintain power over an ignorant and therefore malleable population.

A) For what I have read, these corporations can still go into space, but will see that the earth is flat. Then the rest of it stays the same. Also if they won't go to space, they woudn't need the lie of a round earth...

B) You can tell most US citizens everything. No need for a big conspiracy like this.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »
Every conspiracy has a goal. Therefore I love conspiracies. They're interesting. But why would every scientist want me to believe that the Earth is round? What is their interest? I will not live my live differently on a flat or round world. I wouldn't travel less or more. Nor would I change my opinion in different political discussions.

So tell me, why?
Just to clarify...
Conspiracy means: "a secret plan made by two or more people to do something that is harmful or illegal" It involves deception, dishonesty, lying, manipulation, conning etc. Why would you love such a thing? Are you an evil person or did you mean something else?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:25:34 AM »

So tell me, why?
I don't think there was a major goal for a globe at first...well not monetary at least.
The goal may have been sun worship. Maybe some kind of occultism having an insignificant Earth moving around the sun god and being reliant on it.
All the tales of witchcraft years ago; it wouldn't surprise me if there were people high up in some kind of occult worship.

From that point on it's simply been added to and better thought out to attain the ruse of the vision that we see, plus the overall space and space exploits that we simply told to accept as being what they are.
To any observer and thinker who simply tries to piece all that together, it can appear legitimate.
For any rational thinking person who tries to actually look deeper into it, it makes no rational sense in most of what is told, unless you are prepared to believe in magic forces and theories that have no basis to them other than an explanation to cater for what we believe we observe.

Not knowing whether the Earth is a pear, egg, sphere, flat disc, hollow, concave or any other wild formation is not going to change anyone's existence because we are what we are and we walk on land and swm in water. We fly in the sky and bathe in the sun, etc.
Any normal everyday care free person will simply just accept it all for what they believe it all is, which is fine.
The fact is though; some of us question stuff because when something does not add up you start to think. Once you start to think, you then start to see things that you never could before.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:32:18 AM »
Ok, so let's assume that the earth really is flat. What does that have to do with space exploration?  Do the flat earthers not believe that the earth is in space? That there is a universe we are in. Please don't tell me they believe the earth sits on the back of some giant turtle or something else ridiculous like that.
What you have to ask yourself is; what is space?
You only know what space is because you've been told what it is by people who claim to know.
You look up at a dark sky with twinkling lights and assume they are billions of miles away and more, because you are told they are, yet you never question your eye sight or the logic behind what these people say...they are simply accepted as experts for mostly no other reason than they wear a lab coat or have been the face in the media, etc.

They use emotion (Hawking) to heart throb means , as in rock star turned professor, Brian Cox.
They use puppets in all fields and parade them as geniuses - problem solving egg heads that just seem to have the brain power to decipher something that nobody else can. It's all clever and it reels most people in.

The very possible truth is, our whole lives and history are just a massive mind controlled scam.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 09:33:56 AM »
So what was the reason for all scientists before the millions of space exploration?
All what scientists?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »

So tell me, why?
Just to clarify...
Conspiracy means: "a secret plan made by two or more people to do something that is harmful or illegal" It involves deception, dishonesty, lying, manipulation, conning etc. Why would you love such a thing? Are you an evil person or did you mean something else?
I think you know what he's saying. He's saying he loves the fact that there are questioned related to what is cast out as the truth, which means finding out what, why and who, are behind such mis/dis-info.
It's not about loving things to be a conspiracy, it's about trying to find a possible truth of a possible lie to maybe make is probable, then fact.

ausGeoff

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 06:32:52 AM »
Oh dear.....

Someone's decided to "add water and stir" the thankfully—until today—dormant sceptimatic.

I can only say what a (relatively speaking) pleasure it's been over the past few weeks to have not wasted my bandwidth downloading his bizarre, off-topic ramblings and self-delusional opinions.

Ah well, it was pleasant while it lasted.    ;D

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »
Oh dear.....

Someone's decided to "add water and stir" the thankfully—until today—dormant sceptimatic.

I can only say what a (relatively speaking) pleasure it's been over the past few weeks to have not wasted my bandwidth downloading his bizarre, off-topic ramblings and self-delusional opinions.

Ah well, it was pleasant while it lasted.    ;D

A polite request to slow down on the personal attacks please.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 11:30:40 AM »

So tell me, why?
Just to clarify...

I meant in the way stories exist. Books, movies etc.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 07:57:10 AM »
Bentino is simply saying that he/she finds conspiracy theories interesting. It's not really about what constitutes a conspiracy theory is general.

In reality a detective of any description is a conspiracy theorist until he/she gathers enough evidence to make that theory a possibility, then the more digging and probing that brings up more evidence, can then make the theory become more of a probability, until enough evidence is accumulated that could make it a conspiracy, fact.

ausGeoff

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »
In reality a detective of any description is a conspiracy theorist until he/she gathers enough evidence to make that theory a possibility, then the more digging and probing that brings up more evidence, can then make the theory become more of a probability, until enough evidence is accumulated that could make it a conspiracy, fact.

Your definition of a "conspiracy" is apparently erroneous sceptimatic.  You're ignoring its wholly negative connotations.  A conspiracy is defined as a fraudulent, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons.

Researcher(s) formulate a scientific "hypothesis", which is supported by previous, but inexplicable observations of a phenomena.  At that point the hypothesis becomes a "working" or provisionally accepted hypothesis. Once satisfying peer reviews, it then becomes a theory.

Science is neither fraudulent nor carried out in secret.  It's based on facts and evidence, and openness and sharing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 03:51:47 AM »

Your definition of a "conspiracy" is apparently erroneous sceptimatic.  You're ignoring its wholly negative connotations.  A conspiracy is defined as a fraudulent, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons.

Researcher(s) formulate a scientific "hypothesis", which is supported by previous, but inexplicable observations of a phenomena.  At that point the hypothesis becomes a "working" or provisionally accepted hypothesis. Once satisfying peer reviews, it then becomes a theory.

Science is neither fraudulent nor carried out in secret.  It's based on facts and evidence, and openness and sharing.
You are totally missing the point.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:43:50 AM by sceptimatic »

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 04:50:19 PM »
I doubt the motive is financial.  The cost of orchestrating and maintaining this grand lie would far exceed any tax revenue diverted to space organizations.  The government has a history of grossly exceeding budget for even the simplest of projects (it can be argued of course that these cost overruns for mundane stuff is intentional and diverted to subsidize such a conspiracy).

I prefer to think that the grand round earth conspiracy is benevolent.  Perhaps we are being protected.  What is really out there may be too frightening or difficult to understand, and the dissemination of such knowledge would cause widespread panic and a deterioration of civilized society.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 01:01:15 AM »
I doubt the motive is financial.  The cost of orchestrating and maintaining this grand lie would far exceed any tax revenue diverted to space organizations.  The government has a history of grossly exceeding budget for even the simplest of projects (it can be argued of course that these cost overruns for mundane stuff is intentional and diverted to subsidize such a conspiracy).

I prefer to think that the grand round earth conspiracy is benevolent.  Perhaps we are being protected.  What is really out there may be too frightening or difficult to understand, and the dissemination of such knowledge would cause widespread panic and a deterioration of civilized society.
It's about control of your mind and your body.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »

So tell me, why?

obviously to sell more globes

?

NiveusLucis

• Light the bringing white light, forever. 1902
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »
Theories vary. The Lie of Lies is the Lie of Lies because of how deep it goes. Powerful men of the XV century brought back the obsolete teachings of Erathostenes, who had no idea of where he stood in, and thought that the economical revenue of "Circumnavigating" the """"""GLOBE"""""" would give them tons of wealth. They wouldn't be proven wrong. And they would [SUCCEED]- They had the help of the catholic church, who would be against round earth as a centuries-long FACADE that would make people see Flat Earth connoisseurs as idiots. But then they would ACCEPT [!] round earth after 400 years so people who were skeptical would convert themselves and kneel to the LIE.

'SCIENCE' arrived and discovered Earth as a flat earth. But the powers of the Lie would not let that destroy their empire, and thus the Lie of Lies was born. They would use false discoveries to give the impression of evolution and development to the world, and lucrating themselves from the NASA/ESA/CCCP lies all over the world. Giving the false impression that humans "are not!" the only living people in the universe and make little children believe in *SUPERIOR* aliens, thus killing the desire of the human race to be sole kings of the universe, making us believe that we are inferior. And they would [SUCCEED].

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »
I want whatever it is you are smoking.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

ausGeoff

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 12:24:07 AM »
Theories vary. The Lie of Lies is the Lie of Lies because of how deep it goes. Powerful men of the XV century brought back the obsolete teachings of Erathostenes, who had no idea of where he stood in, and thought that the economical revenue of "Circumnavigating" the """"""GLOBE"""""" would give them tons of wealth. They wouldn't be proven wrong. And they would [SUCCEED]- They had the help of the catholic church, who would be against round earth as a centuries-long FACADE that would make people see Flat Earth connoisseurs as idiots. But then they would ACCEPT [!] round earth after 400 years so people who were skeptical would convert themselves and kneel to the LIE.

'SCIENCE' arrived and discovered Earth as a flat earth. But the powers of the Lie would not let that destroy their empire, and thus the Lie of Lies was born. They would use false discoveries to give the impression of evolution and development to the world, and lucrating themselves from the NASA/ESA/CCCP lies all over the world. Giving the false impression that humans "are not!" the only living people in the universe and make little children believe in *SUPERIOR* aliens, thus killing the desire of the human race to be sole kings of the universe, making us believe that we are inferior. And they would [SUCCEED].

Is there the slightest chance that you can transliterate this gibberish into conventional English?  You know... the sort that actually makes some sort of sense.

Or are you simply a drive-by troll?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 02:58:21 AM »

Is there the slightest chance that you can transliterate this gibberish into conventional English?  You know... the sort that actually makes some sort of sense.

He/she, already has. Your attempts to kill off newbies before they gain a foothold will fail, Geoffrey.

?

NiveusLucis

• Light the bringing white light, forever. 1902
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »

Look into my eyes, Titus.
Look at them and accept the fact that just because something is different of what you have believed all your life does not make it a "Troll attempt".

As I said, theories vary. And that is just one of them. Instead of disproving them or telling me what's wrong or """nonsensical""" about them you just dismissed me as a troll. How do you expect me to take you seriously when you don't have an ounce of respect for the people who post here?

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 06:46:43 PM »

Look into my eyes, Titus.
Look at them and accept the fact that just because something is different of what you have believed all your life does not make it a "Troll attempt".

As I said, theories vary. And that is just one of them. Instead of disproving them or telling me what's wrong or """nonsensical""" about them you just dismissed me as a troll. How do you expect me to take you seriously when you don't have an ounce of respect for the people who post here?

The answer is, apparently, no.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan