Amazing flight of a balloon to the edge of space

• 59 Replies
?

Goth

Amazing flight of a balloon to the edge of space
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »
"DogCam flies to the edge of space 110,000ft on a balloon!"    Amazing not round tho,,,,

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:06:01 AM by Goth »

Re: Amazing flight of a balloon to the edge of space
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
A broken link and no added commentary.

Great. Well done.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
Could someone post a summary of that vid? I honestly don't think I can survive over 11 minutes of watching something created by a person who chose such an awful track. Is there anything interesting in it?

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »
Could someone post a summary of that vid? I honestly don't think I can survive over 11 minutes of watching something created by a person who chose such an awful track. Is there anything interesting in it?
Balloon floats up.  Camera shows curvature.  I clicked at various points to see footage instead of watching whole thing and muted the sound.

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »

Great. Well done.
You're right, it must be fake with no added commentary.

?

General Patton

• Undefeated round earther
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »

Great. Well done.
You're right, it must be fake with no added commentary.
I see curvature. Do you? The balloon wasn't high enough to show the full curvature of Earth though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:21:26 PM by General Patton »
It is so fun educating FE'rs who don't know anything.

Arith

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 04:33:19 AM »
What witchcraftery is this!? The earth was morphing from concave to convex and back again!
Well, I'm a believer of the bouncy castle theory.

ausGeoff

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:27:22 AM »
Due to the wide-angle lens, the video "proved" neither a flat earth or a spherical earth.

One needs to watch very closely as the earth's horizon passes the horizontal optical axis of the lens, and the very slight sphericity becomes obvious.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 09:15:50 AM »
That was a waste of my life......
[color=purple,orange]! ! ! NopeTrain  Is here  ! ! !  NopeTrain Is here   ! ! !  NopeTrain Is here  ! ! !  NopeTrain  Is here ! ! !  NopeTrain Is here ! ! !

Arith

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:19:18 AM »
Welcome to The Flat Earth Society!

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »
"DogCam flies to the edge of space 110,000ft on a balloon!"    Amazing not round tho,,,,

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Do you know what percentage of a sphere you see when it is 24,900 miles around and you're only 20.8 miles away from its surface?

Have you passed Geometry?
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

ausGeoff

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
Do you know what percentage of a sphere you see when it is 24,900 miles around and you're only 20.8 miles away from its surface?

Have you passed Geometry?

Geometry is one of the (many) mathematical concepts that very few flat earthers comprehend.  They claim it's all about "refraction" and "reflection"... and even "denpressure".  LOL.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
We would be lost without you cutting insight.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 05:30:35 PM »

Thank you.  That's one of the main reasons I make comments here; in an endeavour to post some of my insights for the flat earthers to think about, and maybe... just maybe... consider for a moment a few possible alternatives to their concept of space and astronautics etc.  Goth for example seems to have no idea as how to interpret the video he himself posted.  He seems to think it shows a flat earth horizon LOL.

As a pseudo-round earther, you might do well to follow my lead rather than repeatedly attacking other genuine round earthers like me.

Just sayin'.....

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 07:59:44 PM »

Thank you.  That's one of the main reasons I make comments here; in an endeavour to post some of my insights for the flat earthers to think about, and maybe... just maybe... consider for a moment a few possible alternatives to their concept of space and astronautics etc.  Goth for example seems to have no idea as how to interpret the video he himself posted.  He seems to think it shows a flat earth horizon LOL.
No one cares.
As a pseudo-round earther,

A what?
you might do well to follow my lead
Oh god no.
rather than repeatedly attacking other genuine round earthers like me.
Just sayin'.....
I don't attack any other round-earthers, because they aren't anywhere near the level of terribleness you exhibit.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 06:44:52 PM »

As a pseudo-round earther, you might do well to follow my lead rather than repeatedly attacking other genuine round earthers like me.

Just sayin'.....

Why do I picture a mentally retarded Batman running around and a normal Robin just like, "FML"

M.R. Batman: To the bat mobile! Follow me, Robin!

Robin is in the car just waiting in the passenger seat.

ausGeoff

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 07:40:08 PM »
Why do I picture a mentally retarded Batman running around and a normal Robin just like, "FML"

In all probability because you're a great believer in fantasy?  Just like your belief in a flat earth?

Batman is not a real human being you know;  he's just a cartoon figure.  LOL.

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »

In all probability because you're a great believer in fantasy?  Just like your belief in a flat earth?

Actually, I'm not a flat-earther. But thank you, Batman, we couldn't do it without you.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:35 PM »

Actually, I'm not a flat-earther. But thank you, Batman, we couldn't do it without you.

In his delusions of grandeur, all those who disagree with him are in need of the enlightenment he brings.  He calls these invalids, Flat-Earthers.  It has nothing to do with their belief, but more with his contempt.

Arith

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 02:53:38 AM »
Reports of my non-existence are greatly exaggerated.

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 06:21:22 AM »

What the fuck is wrong with you geoff?  Unlike everyone else, how can you not work out which posters are flat earthers? 

I've even quite clearly told you Flat Orange is a round earther, and not only that he's a fucking cartographer, so clearly has a greater knowledge of the topography of this planet than you.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 09:16:59 AM »
CrabbyJim, while I agree with what you are saying, please, watch your language in the upper fora.  Thanks.

ausGeoff

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
CrabbyJim, while I agree with what you are saying, please, watch your language in the upper fora.  Thanks.

Thanks for reprimanding Jimmy for repeatedly using offensive language jroa.  We need to at least try and debate each other without resorting to gutter language—although I'm guessing that may be Jimmy's standard of communication amongst his acquaintances.  People who repeatedly use obscenities and ad hominem attacks usually have major difficulties mounting valid arguments, and instead try for the shock value.

Which is like water off a duck's back to me.  Sorry Jimmy.   ;D

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 04:40:05 AM »

Thanks for reprimanding Jimmy for repeatedly using offensive language jroa.  We need to at least try and debate each other without resorting to gutter language—although I'm guessing that may be Jimmy's standard of communication amongst his acquaintances.  People who repeatedly use obscenities and ad hominem attacks usually have major difficulties mounting valid arguments, and instead try for the shock value.

Which is like water off a duck's back to me.  Sorry Jimmy.   ;D

But you make Ad Hominems all the time ???

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 06:28:05 AM »
Geoff, aren't you going to get bored with boring us all to death?

Aren't there other forums where you can use your random bolding, italics and long winded pomposity to piss off absolutely everyone?

Is your work here not done?

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 07:27:17 AM »
Um..guys.. am I the only one seeing the curvature at 5:19 in the video?

Also, nice music :P

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
My first post in a couple years. Been lurking and reading all along.

Nothing changes here. FE'ers just want it more and are willing to cook up whatever they need, and dismiss all inconvenient info. RE'ers are a dime a dozen asking the same (poorly phrased, poorly supported) questions and storming around after the same (well practiced) pseudoscience responses are drudged up as evidence for a FE.

On to the subject at hand. Here is a picture taken from orbit. Looking out one of the viewing ports at the round earth in the back ground. I thought it was related to the topic seeing as this "picture from high altitude" subject seems always to come up with the same set of points and counter points. 

edit: Can't seem to get my pic to load. So here is a link to the article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1329943/Female-astronaut-looks-Earth-window-space-station.html

I already fully understand the rehearsed FE response to how this photo actually shows nothing, is clearly a fake, is part of the conspiracy, and how the girl in the picture would not be leaned or positioned how she is in an alleged zero G environment.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:42:20 AM by Sentient Pizza »
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 12:20:01 PM »
My first post in a couple years. Been lurking and reading all along.

Nothing changes here. FE'ers just want it more and are willing to cook up whatever they need, and dismiss all inconvenient info. RE'ers are a dime a dozen asking the same (poorly phrased, poorly supported) questions and storming around after the same (well practiced) pseudoscience responses are drudged up as evidence for a FE.

On to the subject at hand. Here is a picture taken from orbit. Looking out one of the viewing ports at the round earth in the back ground. I thought it was related to the topic seeing as this "picture from high altitude" subject seems always to come up with the same set of points and counter points. 

edit: Can't seem to get my pic to load. So here is a link to the article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1329943/Female-astronaut-looks-Earth-window-space-station.html

I already fully understand the rehearsed FE response to how this photo actually shows nothing, is clearly a fake, is part of the conspiracy, and how the girl in the picture would not be leaned or positioned how she is in an alleged zero G environment.

Agreed. So why would you make such a post??? Can you give one reason why anyone should trust NASA?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 12:54:45 PM »

Agreed. So why would you make such a post??? Can you give one reason why anyone should trust NASA?

Asking people to "trust NASA" about the form of the earth is akin to asking someone to "trust Percy Spenser" concerning microwave technology. It's not about letting one source be the authority on any one subject. It's about the general consensus of all the evidence. NASA (and all of the other space agencies around the world) has brought to bear an astonishing amount of evidence supporting the fact of the oblate spheroid earth, but they are far from the only source of such info.

If Fe'ers are serious in any way about exposing the great conspiracy they would at least add a section to this site concerning actual Science. I would suggest a section called "Peer reviewed literature" or "FE science". The section of the web site should contain the same kinds of things any other field of scientific study would. Things like papers published in current reputable Scientific journals, study results/findings that have survived peer review, active research currently going on at laboratories/colleges, scientific explanations of why/how the world has so many details wrong, research showing plausibility/certainty of UA or Bendy light, or whatever else is needed to support a FE consensus.

Unfortunately for FE proponents the only things that could be added to a section like that is ancient pseudoscience by the likes of SBR and a FAQ page based on more pseudoscience and baseless conjecture from thousands of forum posts on this website and a couple others like it.

No single argument will stand on it's own (nor should it) as the final word for or against FE or RE. The overwhelming consensus will make the case, as it does in all other forms of discovery. If it were true that the earth is flat there would likely be a small following of people on websites like this who argue over how it is actually round, and it would be met with the same level of criticism and dismissal.
Your god was nailed to a cross. Mine carries a hammer...... any questions?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »

Asking people to "trust NASA" about the form of the earth is akin to asking someone to "trust Percy Spenser" concerning microwave technology. It's not about letting one source be the authority on any one subject. It's about the general consensus of all the evidence. NASA (and all of the other space agencies around the world) has brought to bear an astonishing amount of evidence supporting the fact of the oblate spheroid earth, but they are far from the only source of such info.

If Fe'ers are serious in any way about exposing the great conspiracy they would at least add a section to this site concerning actual Science. I would suggest a section called "Peer reviewed literature" or "FE science". The section of the web site should contain the same kinds of things any other field of scientific study would. Things like papers published in current reputable Scientific journals, study results/findings that have survived peer review, active research currently going on at laboratories/colleges, scientific explanations of why/how the world has so many details wrong, research showing plausibility/certainty of UA or Bendy light, or whatever else is needed to support a FE consensus.

Unfortunately for FE proponents the only things that could be added to a section like that is ancient pseudoscience by the likes of SBR and a FAQ page based on more pseudoscience and baseless conjecture from thousands of forum posts on this website and a couple others like it.

No single argument will stand on it's own (nor should it) as the final word for or against FE or RE. The overwhelming consensus will make the case, as it does in all other forms of discovery. If it were true that the earth is flat there would likely be a small following of people on websites like this who argue over how it is actually round, and it would be met with the same level of criticism and dismissal.

tldr; trust the consensus. Righto.

So, why did you feel the urge to pipe up now, after two years? Especially after berating your brothers in arms for "asking the same (poorly phrased, poorly supported) questions and storming around after the same (well practiced) pseudoscience responses are drudged up as evidence for a FE." You even admitted your link was worthless garbage, so, why bother?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:44:51 PM by legion »
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".