Those have yet to disprove what is really so

• 14 Replies

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Those have yet to disprove what is really so
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:44:55 PM »
Please read the studies of the past. It will bring new light to the once lost mind.  Knowing the vast world is upon the shade of the night.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Re: Those have yet to disprove what is really so
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »
You are so correct Brother bullhorn.  So correct.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
Brother Gotham,

It is good to speak to you further.  I have been perched upon a mountain monastery in Northern Thailand.  I left the university that I was teaching at in order to pursue a sabbatical.  I have returned to the university.  I will now further the study and take it further to the land of ideas.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
And this is where somebody goes: "Suddenly a wild bullhorn appears!"  :)
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
Beware of the superficially profound.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »

Also beware of what sounds suspiciously like an oncoming tsunami of bullshit.

;D

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:37 AM »
I would argue that it isn't even superficially profound.    Just pompous and boring.

Inanity at every level.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
Please read the studies of the past. It will bring new light to the once lost mind.  Knowing the vast world is upon the shade of the night.

Brother bullhorn, your words are wise. Our present times are clouded with mysticism and lies. May the age of science return!
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:11:57 PM »

Brother bullhorn, your words are wise. Our present times are clouded with mysticism and lies. May the age of science return!

Ummm....
I have been perched upon a mountain monastery in Northern Thailand.
What were you saying about mysticism?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »

Ummm....
I have been perched upon a mountain monastery in Northern Thailand.
What were you saying about mysticism?

Nearly. But not near enough.

Brother bullhorn was meditating, away from the distractions of the modern world. Meditation is not mysticism, although the less enlightened often think it is. The feeble minded who frequent this site (you know who you are), should try it and their minds may be strengthened against the onslaught of false science and unfounded beliefs.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »
Brother Gotham,

It is good to speak to you further.  I have been perched upon a mountain monastery in Northern Thailand.  I left the university that I was teaching at in order to pursue a sabbatical.  I have returned to the university.  I will now further the study and take it further to the land of ideas.

Most pleased to hear of your safe return after time well spent. We do look forward to the developments within the study learned from your experience.

As those unfamiliar with meditation can not understand, I was aware within days before of your announcement, your announcement would be made.  Your timely update is most generous putting to rest worries about your well being upon your return.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Meditation is closely associated with the mystic traditions.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 11:07:33 PM »
In waking from the shade of night, the light of truth shineth upon the eyes of the kitten, and so the profound bottle accidentally the whole thing forward.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:54:07 AM by 29silhouette »

Arith

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 03:06:00 AM »
bahahaha holy crap that's got to be the funniest thing
oh.. oh... oh man.. kudos to starting my day off right sir.

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »

Uh... what's with all this "brother" crap?  Sounds just like a gathering of Freemasons LOL.

The only thing that's "clouded with mysticism and lies" is the flat earth society and its members.  Luckily for the rest of us, the true age of science returned around 400 years ago.  And there's certainly no place for "mysticism" in an enlightened 21st century.

According to my dictionary, a mystic is a person who claims to attain, or believes in the possibility of attaining, insight into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, as by direct communication with the divine or immediate intuition in a state of spiritual ecstasy.

—Hardly a sound rationale for investigating anything of a scientific nature.