Really?

• 191 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Really?
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »
Because sustain space flight is impossible maybe? 

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »
If satellites do not exist, then why should I be expected to post true pictures of the Earth?
So it's an 'if'?

?

General Patton

• Undefeated round earther
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
Because sustain space flight is impossible maybe?
A satellite orbits the Earth, just in case you didn't know.
It is so fun educating FE'rs who don't know anything.

ausGeoff

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »
So jroa has chosen not to answer another one of my questions—again.  This is becoming a habit mate LOL.

Can you explain—briefly—how GPS devices work so effectively if satellites don't exist?  Even away from the line of sight of earthbound transmitters—such as in canyons or caves or mine shafts.

?

General Patton

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2014, 12:51:10 PM »
So jroa has chosen not to answer another one of my questions—again.  This is becoming a habit mate LOL.

Can you explain—briefly—how GPS devices work so effectively if satellites don't exist?  Even away from the line of sight of earthbound transmitters—such as in canyons or caves or mine shafts.
He has chosen to not answer almost all of our questions we have gave him. This guy is hilarious

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »

How does FM radio work so effectively?  I will give you a hint.  It is not because of magical trashcans floating around the Earth. 

?

General Patton

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »

How does FM radio work so effectively?  I will give you a hint.  It is not because of magical trashcans floating around the Earth.
Oh wow. "magical trashcans"?
Do I really have to take you back to 1st grade and tell you what gravity is?
Tell us, don't give us hints

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
Now I have to explain to you how FM radio works? 

?

General Patton

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »
No, you don't.
But back to the real question. Why do you think anyone would want to tell lies about a satellite, hmm? Or, why do you think they are fake. You have to have reasons, you know.

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »
FM radio is 100MHz, satellite tv is 11GHz.  Very different.  What has FM radio got to do with satellites?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
Because the Earth is flat, maybe?

?

General Patton

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »
No, the Earth is round.
Also, you skipped ANOTHER question we asked you.
Post a picture of a NASA symbol that looks like a Satanist symbol

?

General Patton

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
Also, explain to me why you think that Earth is different from all other planets and is flat? The Earth formed the same way that all of the other planets did.

?

General Patton

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »
Well done, you have not answered tons of questions we have asked you.

You deserve a medal.

ausGeoff

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »

And AGAIN jroa avoids addressing my GPS questions, and instead tries one of his favourite diversionary tactics—changing the subject.

jroa, you need to understand that—besides being totally irrelevant to my GPS question—FM radio has nothing to do with satellites. 

And talking about "magical trashcans" is starting to make you sound like a ten-year-old grade school kid LOL.

?

General Patton

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »

And AGAIN jroa avoids addressing my GPS questions, and instead tries one of his favourite diversionary tactics—changing the subject.

jroa, you need to understand that—besides being totally irrelevant to my GPS question—FM radio has nothing to do with satellites. 

And talking about "magical trashcans" is starting to make you sound like a ten-year-old grade school kid LOL.
Like I said, he deserves an award/medal for this BS.
He tries to be sneaky and change the subject, and thinks that he is unnoticed. Nice try jroa

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
If FM radio signals can be transmitted by land based transmitters, then why not GPS radio signals? 

?

General Patton

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2014, 03:41:02 PM »
If FM radio signals can be transmitted by land based transmitters, then why not GPS radio signals?
GPS and FM radios are totally different things.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »
They are both radio signals. 

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
Satellite signals operate at extremely high frequency.  This is necessary for the amount of data that is transmitted.  FM works great for low fidelity audio but doesn't cut it for HD video and such.

Higher the frequency, the less it can bend around corners.  Satellites require close to direct line of sight for this reason.

?

General Patton

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2014, 03:48:16 PM »
GPS requires three reference points to determine where you are. If it's all done through radio waves on Earth, then how is your position calculated when you're out at sea? Are there radios dotting the ocean so you can use GPS, and why bother making the system assume the world is a sphere?

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
This has been explained many times to you, why bring it up again?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »
Satellite signals operate at extremely high frequency.  This is necessary for the amount of data that is transmitted.  FM works great for low fidelity audio but doesn't cut it for HD video and such.

Higher the frequency, the less it can bend around corners.  Satellites require close to direct line of sight for this reason.

A large amount of data?  It is a location and time stamp.  GPS is not sending the entire internet to you.  ::)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »
GPS requires three reference points to determine where you are. If it's all done through radio waves on Earth, then how is your position calculated when you're out at sea? Are there radios dotting the ocean so you can use GPS, and why bother making the system assume the world is a sphere?

Three ground based transmitters can not all send a signal to a GPS receiver? 

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2014, 04:22:39 PM »

See previous explanations given to you.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
I was referring to Satellite dishes for TV.  But even then I simplified the story.  You can get local channels in high def from traditional broadcasting towers.

You are also right about GPS, as location can be done with ground towers.  Cell phone towers are used for this purpose to triangulate a location when GPS is disabled or not present on that particular device.

In light of this I should do more research on why satellites are preferred to ground based transmission at lower frequency.  I suspect it is an economic issue, as a single satellite would have the coverage of hundreds of towers.

?

General Patton

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »

Wait, so your arguing against yourself now?

?

General Patton

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »

Oh, and also
This was taken from NASA, the people who run the ISS
This picture is real.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:09:21 PM by General Patton »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2014, 05:16:35 AM »

Wait, so your arguing against yourself now?

What?  That was a question. 

?

Goth

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2014, 05:48:23 AM »
WWVB is a very interesting radio station. It has high transmitter power (50,000 watts), a very efficient antenna and an extremely low frequency (60,000 Hz). For comparison, a typical AM radio station broadcasts at a frequency of 1,000,000 Hz. The combination of high power and low frequency gives the radio waves from WWVB a lot of bounce, and this single station can therefore cover all of the continental United States plus much of Canada and Central America as well …

The coverage map looks like this:

So this single transmitter can be received well into the Pacific and Atlantic oceans as well as parts of Canada, Central America and even part of South America.

It would seem to me that it would only take maybe a dozen or so of such transmitters to cover the entire plant.

In fact, WWV can indeed cover the globe when propagation is good enough. Just like a GPS satellite, it constantly broadcasts the time, and it seems possible that one could use its signals in precisely the same way as one uses GPS to determine one's location, given several signals. There is a rub, though - WWV broadcasts in the high frequency part of the radio spectrum (1.8-30 MHZ is HF) which is subject to ever changing and anomalous propagation.

GPS operates in the gigahertz range, which is not subject to this kind of anomalous propagation. It is more or less strictly line of sight, perhaps bouncing off raindrops and snowflakes by by and large going in a straight line, unlike HF signals which bend when the encounter the ionosphere (or the giant crystalline orb inside the hollow earth in which we live which contains all of "space").
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:51:03 AM by Goth »