Why has no one ever explored the edge of the flat earth?

• 49 Replies
Re: Why has no one ever explored the edge of the flat earth?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 05:34:37 AM »
However, you do have to apply and have your route approved if you are going to mount an expedition in Antarctica.  Perhaps the guards are only called out if you stray too far off your registered route?  Maybe that is what happened to all of those people who have died in Antarctica?
Maybe the guards are not people, but dragons or suchlike?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 06:37:06 AM »
I have changed my opinion of the flat earthers and administrators on this website.

They are not actors. They are fantasy fiction writers.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

General Patton

• Undefeated round earther
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 01:31:37 PM »
I have changed my opinion of the flat earthers and administrators on this website.

They are not actors. They are fantasy fiction writers.
Or both
It is so fun educating FE'rs who don't know anything.

ausGeoff

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 02:59:50 PM »

However, you do have to apply and have your route approved if you are going to mount an expedition in Antarctica. 

Nope.  This is incorrect jroa.

The part of Antarctica denoted in red on the image below is the Australian Antarctic Territory, and which is part of the Commonwealth of Australia.  (Adelie Land is a French territory.)

As an Australian citizen, I can visit any part of that territory at any time should I wish—no permit application; no approval; no specified route.

And no "guards" to outmaneuver—NASA or otherwise LOL.

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »

However, you do have to apply and have your route approved if you are going to mount an expedition in Antarctica. 

The part of Antarctica denoted in red on the image below is the Australian Antarctic Territory, and which is part of the Commonwealth of Australia.  (Adelie Land is a French territory.)

As an Australian citizen, I can visit any part of that territory at any time should I wish—no permit application; no approval; no specified route.

I think we all know the next question will be "Well, have you?" or some variation of it...

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 04:53:03 PM »

Maybe you have never heard of the Antarctic Treaty?

ausGeoff

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »

Duh..... Why is it that you invariably think you know more about stuff than anybody else, when in fact it's usually the exact opposite?

Can you tell me exactly how you think the existence of the Antarctic Treaty (apparently) prohibits me from travelling to Antarctica?  Which of course it doesn't.

Or is this just another one of your wild guesses passed off as contradictory "evidence"?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
Have you read the treaty?  Would you please point out where it says that your route needs to be approved?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2014, 01:14:48 AM »
Just like to say to everyone:

I'm currently serving in the British armed forces reserves (not going to disclose the branch). One winter we organised a expedition to Antarctica, so the ten or so of us set of to reach the South Pole and come up on the other side. We left from the Falklands and headed south. We reached the South Pole, kept going and came up on the same side roughly where Austrialia is. Funny how we just seemed to miss this giant ice wall all of you keep going on about, or how the earth doesn't just stop (because it's a sphere, but hey ho). Please note, this is something we organised ourselves, so no there wasn't some higher government body blocking us, and no NASA isn't patrolling the Antarctic.

If any of you people would like to debunk you're own crazy theory for yourselves, then head on south.

Also, just one thing I've been curious about. What reason do you guys personally think the world's governments would have for conducting the most elaborate cover up in recorded history? Because realistically, they wouldn't just do it for the sake of it.

ausGeoff

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2014, 01:29:20 AM »
I'm currently serving in the British armed forces reserves (not going to disclose the branch). One winter we organised a expedition to Antarctica, so the ten or so of us set of to reach the South Pole and come up on the other side. We left from the Falklands and headed south. We reached the South Pole, kept going and came up on the same side roughly where Austrialia is. Funny how we just seemed to miss this giant ice wall all of you keep going on about, or how the earth doesn't just stop (because it's a sphere, but hey ho). Please note, this is something we organised ourselves, so no there wasn't some higher government body blocking us, and no NASA isn't patrolling the Antarctic.

If any of you people would like to debunk you're own crazy theory for yourselves, then head on south.

Unfortunately—and predictably Jordan—the flat earthers will offer a couple of their usual responses to first-person evidence.

You were unknowingly suffering some sort of mental delusion.  You misinterpreted what you actually saw with your own eyes.  You're acting as a shill for the US government or the New World Order.  Or lastly, you're a liar.

—Take your pick.

?

guv

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2014, 01:31:55 AM »
funny that, just maybe the world is round.

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2014, 01:48:05 AM »

Unfortunately—and predictably Jordan—the flat earthers will offer a couple of their usual responses to first-person evidence.

You were unknowingly suffering some sort of mental delusion.  You misinterpreted what you actually saw with your own eyes.  You're acting as a shill for the US government or the New World Order.  Or lastly, you're a liar.

—Take your pick.

Well it was REALLY cold, I guess we all must have imagined heading in a straight line and instead just circled the perimeter of the wall :/ silly us.

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »
Quite a cool trip Jordan. A friend of mine at UC Davis, where I was working on grad school works with the South Pole Telescope. Seems they are still looking for a technician/operator for the scope which is located about 200 meters from the south pole. I am tempted but it is not a six month post as I thought but eleven months at the South Pole Research Center.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2014, 09:29:07 AM »
Go for it, DonaldC!  You'll be glad you did!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2014, 03:04:02 AM »
Looking into it Alpha.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »
I love how all the FE'rs haven't responded at all.  I guess even their imaginations must be just like their view on the earth.  They eventually hit a wall and have nothing...
SCIENCE BITCH!!!

?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
Hey, we should contact someone who's worked at the South Pole Research Center and ask them to come on here and give their account about living on the place that these guys say doesn't exist. That would be pretty funny. Or better yet a video of someone there right now walking out to the pole itself and playing with a compass to prove it. Maybe, just maybe, they could find it in their hearts to realize they're tards then.
Tally Count of Every Piece of Evidence for a Flat Earth, Ever:

ausGeoff

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
I love how all the FE'rs haven't responded at all.  I guess even their imaginations must be just like their view on the earth.  They eventually hit a wall and have nothing...

This is the inevitable outcome whenever the flat earthers are confronted with indisputable first-hand evidence.  They suddenly become very, very quiet LOL.

?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »
I'm surprised they just haven't abandoned my thread.
Tally Count of Every Piece of Evidence for a Flat Earth, Ever:

ausGeoff

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2014, 06:43:31 AM »
I'm surprised they just haven't abandoned my thread.

In effect they have; that's why none of them will respond here.  The flat earthers are very sensitive about their belief in some sort of "ice wall" that surrounds the entire perimeter of their flat earth model.  This purported ice wall is critical to the geophysics of their model—without the ice wall somehow "containing" the continents and oceans, the whole model loses any credibility.

In other words, if we were to prove that their ice wall was nothing more than a fictional notion (which it is, as any scientist will confirm) then even the idea of a flat planet is immediately and totally refuted in one fell swoop.

Thus they offer all sorts of excuses as to why their "ice wall" has never been explored or mapped or photographed.  They claim that all the Antarctic explorers—Scott, Wilkins, Mawson, or Ross were either mentally deluded or a part of the great round earth "conspiracy"—even 100 years ago!

Or, the most common excuse—that it's so cold, like absolute zero (0ºK or -273ºC) and inhospitable that no man or machine could survive in its environment.

If anyone should point out that QANTAS flies tourists over the Antarctic continent every week, and tour ships from southern Australia visit Antarctica on a monthly basis, then those suggestions are dismissed as lies by the visitors, or propaganda supported by the airline and the shipping companies—and their thousands of staff, captains and pilots.

Apparently all the tens of thousands of photographic images captured by those air and sea tourists are all bogus; they're simply Photoshopped or actually just images of icebergs.

—And to support all these claims of fraud, they produce what sort of empirical evidence?  Absolutely none.