ISS in front of a daytime moon.

• 53 Replies
ISS in front of a daytime moon.
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:31:09 AM »
Probably get disregarded as a fake, so you can take it up with the photographer, it's an amazing picture nonetheless. This was translated from the website.

Transit ISS over the Moon - 15 June 2013

A new "Firts-light" ... or rather "First-photo".

This time it's a new tool, a Maksutov 150mm F / 12.

And what better topic for a first test if not the moon.

And, in addition, and the International Space Station (ISS) tranzitandu's sickle.

The equipment used to capture the picture below that transit: Skywatcher 150mm Mak (F = 1800mm), Canon 550D, ISO 800, 1 / 1250s.

I am surprised that transit near the town Dumitrana (Ilfov), the hours 6:17 p.m. TL being so transit "diurnal".

Finally, as a conclusion, the tool looks good for future such events ephemeral.

Max

(June 15, 2013)

UPDATE (June 16, 2013):

Image epste ISS transit Moon was selected for the front page of SpaceWeather.

And for the first page AstroInfo and posted on Facebook Astroinfo, both made by Sorin hotels (thanks Sorine!).

UPDATE (June 19, 2013):

It looks like the picture above showing the ISS transiting Moon became known on other sites due to appearance close to the Station USS Enterprise :).

Those sites: PetaPixel, Reddit, Scientifc American.

UPDATE (June 22, 2013):

For the meantime the image above came on and several sites where there were questions like "what purpose did the image", well I decided to post a picture of the instrument (along with the author to to have a reference gauge) made at the end of May, after a few days of purchase:

Here's the website

http://maximusphotography.wordpress.com/2013/06/15/tranzit-iss-peste-luna-15-iunie-2013/

Re: ISS in front of a daytime moon.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
That is superb. Fantastic images.

I'd love to get into this stuff, but I live in London and the light pollution is appalling.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »

I'd love to get into this stuff, but I live in London and the light pollution is appalling.

I'm surprised the image hadn't shown up here earlier. Looks like it was done in 2013.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »
I've seen ones from in front of the sun, but not the moon.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 01:58:13 AM »

It only affects the fainter objects Jimmy, there is still a lot you can do in London. Take a look at my flickr account https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/dephelis/, most of the images are taken in NW London.

If you're interested, you should come along to a meeting of the Baker Street Irregular Astronomers. We meet up once a month in Regent's Park and the event is free. Details of meetings can be found on Facebook.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
Ridiculous photo. Thanks for the laugh.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »

Thanks for the insightful comment legion.  You really displayed a level of intellectual acumen most mortals could only dream of.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 01:40:04 PM »

Thanks for the insightful comment legion.  You really displayed a level of intellectual acumen most mortals could only dream of.

1. How are clouds (on earth I assume), the 'ISS', and the moon all in focus at the same time?
2. Does that look anything like the 'ISS' we've seen on other dubious photos?
3. What is this photo supposed to prove?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 03:21:29 PM »

1. How are clouds (on earth I assume), the 'ISS', and the moon all in focus at the same time?

1. What makes you say they are "all in focus", and if that were true, why would that matter?

2. It looks similar to me. And if you think the other photos are dubious, why are you interested in comparisons to them?

3. I don't know what it's supposed to prove, if anything, but what it says to me is that an ground based, independent photographer was able to photograph an object between the Earth and Moon that was predicted to transit the moon by using information from http://www.calsky.com/cs.cgi/Satellites/4?obs=83112305852501, a website which, while presumably getting some of its information from NASA, doesn't seem to be directly related to NASA. This would suggest that the object photographed behaves in a predictable way consistent with what is publicly known about the ISS's alleged orbit.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »

Because he has set his DSLR to infinity focus. This is standard photographic setting as all objects beyond the hyperfocal distance of a DSLR lens will be in focus.

I've seen the ISS looking like that both visually and photographically.

Who cares, it's a great photo.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 07:47:54 PM »

Because he has set his DSLR to infinity focus. This is standard photographic setting as all objects beyond the hyperfocal distance of a DSLR lens will be in focus.

I've seen the ISS looking like that both visually and photographically.

Who cares, it's a great photo.

1.This is one of the first things that even amateur photographers learn. It is called "depth of focus." For example , at a certain lens aperture opening (F-Stop) with the lens set at a distance of infinity, everything from - say 10 feet - to infinity would be in focus. This isn't the first time that an FE has displayed a lack of knowledge of things related to photography. It is really elementary, My Dear Watson, if you have ever taken photos with an old style camera  that you had to adjust the lens opening aperture,the  distance and the shutter speed manually. So naturally, there is no mystery why the clouds, the ISS and the moon are all in focus.

2.Any photo of anything is going to be "dubious" to any FE. Naturally there aren't any "dubious photos" a flat earth because there aren't any photos of a flat earth except those taken just from looking out your window....Because the earth is not flat...It's round.

3.If nothing else,it proves it's a great photo. You just have to be at the right place at the right time with the right conditions and the right camera to get such a photo as this. Hint to FE's.: The right place would be somewhere beyond just looking out your window. LOL.

To say it is a ridiculous photo is one of the most ridiculous things I have yet to see or hear from an FE ! The laugh is on you ! LOL. RE's :Don't you just love this website for the entertainment that the FE's supply ! :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:37:22 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »

I think a quote from the 1997 movie "Titanic" might also be appropriate.:
Quote: "Thank you for your fine forensic analysis."Unquote
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 08:44:27 AM »

It only affects the fainter objects Jimmy, there is still a lot you can do in London. Take a look at my flickr account https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/dephelis/, most of the images are taken in NW London.

If you're interested, you should come along to a meeting of the Baker Street Irregular Astronomers. We meet up once a month in Regent's Park and the event is free. Details of meetings can be found on Facebook.
OK, cheers.  I assumed London would be terrible -  never looked into it properly.

I'm sure my wife would be rolling her eyes at yet another hobby however...

Great photos by the way.

?

QuQu

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 07:20:17 AM »

This photo is the latest top secret operation of the conspiracy. Its purpose was to provoke "legion" to write some bullshit and show all the world he is just a poor moronic idiot. Operation status: success.

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »

How is it possible in the 21st century for any allegedly adult human being to be so totally ignorant of so many things?  And what's even worse to display that ignorance on a public forum LOL.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
And that's supposed to be a reflection of Sunlight???  ;D
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 01:47:36 PM »

This photo is the latest top secret operation of the conspiracy. Its purpose was to provoke "legion" to write some bullshit and show all the world he is just a poor moronic idiot. Operation status: success.

Go back to sleep, idiot.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »

How is it possible in the 21st century for any allegedly adult human being to be so totally ignorant of so many things?  And what's even worse to display that ignorance on a public forum LOL.

Says someone who is so often corrected by his own side!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:10:37 PM by legion »

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »
Sure, why not?

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 03:27:26 PM »

Go back to sleep, idiot.

You are a fine human being.  ::)

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »

Says someone who is so often corrected by his own side!

First, he's still right a lot more often than you or most FE'ers. Second, don't even for a moment entertain the thought that this makes any of your terrible "arguments" any better.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 10:23:49 PM »

If you're going to make an argument from incredulity, let me do you one better:

And that's supposed to be Moon shrimp???? ??? ;D ::)

?

Goth

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 01:10:09 AM »

We took this Shot with a 'Canon 500D DSLR and a special astrophotography lens out at night.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:14:44 AM by Goth »

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:58 AM »
Goth, why do you post this shit?

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 05:32:46 AM »

We took this Shot with a 'Canon 500D DSLR and a special astrophotography lens out at night.

Dame who would of thought that . Their dumping chem trails in space now. ;D
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 06:17:07 AM »
Damn, who would have thought that . They're dumping chem trails in space now. ;D

English, motherf*cker, do you speak it?!

ausGeoff

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »
Goth, why do you post this shit?

Don't be too concerned Jimmy.  He'll probably grow out of doing this sort of stuff when he reaches puberty.

?

Goth

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 08:32:29 AM »

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 08:33:49 AM »
Damn, who would have thought that . They're dumping chem trails in space now. ;D

Call me anything  you like, but call me that again & I will show you just how well this old hack from way back can type & put together symbols.     
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »

Call me anything  you like, but call me that again & I will show you just how well this old hack from way back can type & put together symbols.     

Based on the conversation, not very well.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.