What force controls the Sun's movement in the FE world?

• 14 Replies
What force controls the Sun's movement in the FE world?
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
On this forum I have seen a few flat earth theory animations that attempt to show how the Sun moves with respect to the Earth.  The animations tend to show the Sun moving in a plane that is parallel to the surface of the flat earth.  Given that all flat earthers seem to reject the existence of gravity, I would like to know what force FET claims is responsible for the Sun's movement? 
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Re: What force controls the Sun's movement in the FE world?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »
On this forum I have seen a few flat earth theory animations that attempt to show how the Sun moves with respect to the Earth.  The animations tend to show the Sun moving in a plane that is parallel to the surface of the flat earth.  Given that all flat earthers seem to reject the existence of gravity, I would like to know what force FET claims is responsible for the Sun's movement?
The sun is the other half of the earth. The true south pole. what your seeing as the sun is a natural occurring co2 ice caps laser beam, being reflected off the moving charged particles  of the  magnetosphere & then defused as it traveller back though earth's atmosphere.       
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:51:07 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:31:25 PM »
The sun is the other half of the earth. The true south pole. what your seeing as the sun is a natural occurring co2 ice caps laser beam, being reflected off the moving charged particles  of the  magnetosphere & then defused as it traveller back though earth's atmosphere.     

Scepti?  Is that you?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:59:39 PM »

Scepti?  Is that you?
That would explain a lot, wouldn't it?
But as the "true south pole" do you mean the edge, or the "bottom" of the FE? If the second, how does the light curve back so perfectly?

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 06:37:03 AM »

Lasers are man-made; they don't occur in nature.  Care to try again?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 11:55:22 AM »

CO2 lasers operate in IR, why is it that we can see the sun as visible light?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »

Scepti?  Is that you?

Or maybe sculelos, rushy or sandokhan ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
The sun is the other half of the earth. The true south pole. what your  you're seeing as the sun is a natural occurring co2 ice caps laser beam, being reflected off the moving charged particles  of the  magnetosphere magnetoplane & then defused as it traveller travels back though earth's atmosphere atmoplane.     

I have corrected the above for the correct Flat Earth terms. There is no such thing as a "sphere" on a Flat Earth.

Which brings up another question. What causes the "moving charged particles" to move ? Charles needs to a little work on his grammar, too....As well as his spelling.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:44:23 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 05:37:19 AM »
 Given that all flat earthers seem to reject the existence of gravity, I would like to know what force FET claims is responsible for the Sun's movement?

Not me.

Let us see what force I. Newton claimed was/is responsible for the Sun's movement.

Newton believed that there are TWO GRAVITATIONAL FORCES AT WORK:

1. Terrestrial gravity

2. Planetary/stellar gravity

Here is a letter from Newton to Halley, describing how he had independently arrived at the inverse square law using his aether hypothesis, to which he refers as the 'descending spirit':

....Now if this spirit descends from above with uniform velocity, its density and consequently its force will be reciprocally proportional to the square of its distance from the centre. But if it descended with accelerated motion, its density will everywhere diminish as much as the velocity increases, and so its force (according to the hypothesis) will be the same as before, that is still reciprocally as the square of its distance from the centre'

A clear description of PRESSURE GRAVITY.

Newton still thought that the planets and Sun were kept apart by 'some secret principle of unsociableness in the ethers of their vortices,' and that gravity was due to a circulating ether.

Isaac Newton speculated that gravity was caused by a flow of ether, or space, into celestial bodies. He discussed this theory in letters to Oldenburg, Halley, and Boyle.

Newton, student notes on Descartes:

Gravity is a force in a body impelling it to descend. Here, however, by descent is not only meant a motion towards the centre of the Earth but also towards any part or region...

His belief at that time was that, to quote Westfall, ‘gravity (heaviness) is caused by the descent of a subtle invisible matter which strikes all bodies and carries them down'.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 06:14:17 AM »
Given that all flat earthers seem to reject the existence of gravity, I would like to know what force FET claims is responsible for the Sun's movement?

Not me.

Let us see what force I. Newton claimed was/is responsible for the Sun's movement.

Newton believed that there are TWO GRAVITATIONAL FORCES AT WORK:

1. Terrestrial gravity

2. Planetary/stellar gravity

Here is a letter from Newton to Halley, describing how he had independently arrived at the inverse square law using his aether hypothesis, to which he refers as the 'descending spirit':

....Now if this spirit descends from above with uniform velocity, its density and consequently its force will be reciprocally proportional to the square of its distance from the centre. But if it descended with accelerated motion, its density will everywhere diminish as much as the velocity increases, and so its force (according to the hypothesis) will be the same as before, that is still reciprocally as the square of its distance from the centre'

A clear description of PRESSURE GRAVITY.

Newton still thought that the planets and Sun were kept apart by 'some secret principle of unsociableness in the ethers of their vortices,' and that gravity was due to a circulating ether.

Isaac Newton speculated that gravity was caused by a flow of ether, or space, into celestial bodies. He discussed this theory in letters to Oldenburg, Halley, and Boyle.

Newton, student notes on Descartes:

Gravity is a force in a body impelling it to descend. Here, however, by descent is not only meant a motion towards the centre of the Earth but also towards any part or region...

His belief at that time was that, to quote Westfall, ‘gravity (heaviness) is caused by the descent of a subtle invisible matter which strikes all bodies and carries them down'.

If Newton was right, why don't falling objects feel a force?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »
Law of acceleration in view of the ether/aether theories, two works which investigate the subject:

http://www.rexresearch.com/brush/brush.htm

http://keelynet.com/gravity/grav7.txt

ausGeoff

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 10:20:36 AM »
So now sandokhan is relying on 17th century science to prove his point?

Uh... science has advanced a tiny bit since then my friend.  Or hadn't you noticed LOL.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »

It has been stated by others that the aether rushing past the earth creates a whirlpool effect that "floats" the heavens and causes their motion.  As for myself though, I have no idea.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »

It has been stated by others that the aether rushing past the earth creates a whirlpool effect that "floats" the heavens and causes their motion.  As for myself though, I have no idea.

The aether thing makes no sense, and you apparently don't believe it yourself.  The fact that flat earth theory has no explanation for how the Sun (and Moon) can stay up in the sky and move in highly predictable ways (e.g. we can predict sunrise and eclipse times with great precision) presents a serious problem for your theory, does it not? 

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »

It's more than obvious that when any question is asked—by the round earthers—to explain something that should by now be more than easily explained by flat earth science, there's a sudden absence of responses.  All the flat earthers seem to go into hiding, rather than answering any questions.

Apparently, in this case, none of them can explain how the orbits of the sun and the moon are maintained, nor what specific force(s) keep them in orbit.

They also haven't explained what the diameter of their (single?) orbit is, what keeps them from colliding periodically, and how their altitude was determined.

—C'mon flat earthers.  Live dangerously and answer these questions.  You know you wanna doncha?