Why?

• 38 Replies
Re: Why?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 09:59:24 AM »

I am not sure there is a Conspiracy but it would make a lot of sense. I am exploring the idea further.

I am not sure = I have no evidence.

End of story.  Sorry.

Correct. Gathering evidence is what you do after you have a working hypothesis. Are you sorry because you feel you have ended the conversation?  It is just beginning for me. I have no Ivory Tower to protect.

ausGeoff

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 10:02:26 PM »

I am not sure there is a Conspiracy but it would make a lot of sense. I am exploring the idea further.

I am not sure = I have no evidence.

End of story.  Sorry.

Correct. Gathering evidence is what you do after you have a working hypothesis. Are you sorry because you feel you have ended the conversation?  It is just beginning for me. I have no Ivory Tower to protect.

It was you that claimed that "it would make a lot of sense" if there were some sort of government and/or NASA conspiracy.  However, you failed to provide any evidence supporting this claim.  In other words, it was nothing more than a guess.  You've also failed to produce a "working hypothesis".  A hypothesis explains the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena.  Thus far, you haven't identified that group of phenomena.

And yes;  I do feel as though I have ended this conversation—at least until you provide some viable evidence for your personal opinion that there's some massive conspiracy in place.

So... your empirical evidence is.....?

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »
Did I claim to have some?  Why are you badgering me?  "Makes sense" is different than "There is evidence for". When I make an actual claim please ask for evidence, until I would appreciate it if you tone down the aggressiveness.

ausGeoff

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 06:26:37 AM »
Did I claim to have some?  Why are you badgering me?  "Makes sense" is different than "There is evidence for". When I make an actual claim please ask for evidence, until I would appreciate it if you tone down the aggressiveness.

I'm always bemused when passive-aggressive types such as you accuse other people of being "aggressive".  And if you think that I'm aggressive, you ain't seen nuthin' here yet mate LOL.

Anyway... you've made the following statements, which are ALL unfounded until you provide any viable evidence to support them:

•  I think that it is possible that a select group could control the flow of information to the larger population;
•  They could probably commit accounting fraud then funnel the cash in to some place like the Cayman Islands;
•  I don't understand why accounting fraud and embezzlement is not an option to you;
•  Less options! = no options it equals done options, so accounting fraud is possible;
•  Money is laundered under the purview of the IRS regularly.

It's time for you to either put up or shut up my friend.  Remarkable claims require remarkable evidence.

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:12 AM »

I'm always bemused when passive-aggressive types such as you accuse other people of being "aggressive".  And if you think that I'm aggressive, you ain't seen nuthin' here yet mate LOL.

Anyway... you've made the following statements, which are ALL unfounded until you provide any viable evidence to support them:

•  I think that it is possible that a select group could control the flow of information to the larger population;
•  They could probably commit accounting fraud then funnel the cash in to some place like the Cayman Islands;
•  I don't understand why accounting fraud and embezzlement is not an option to you;
•  Less options! = no options it equals done options, so accounting fraud is possible;
•  Money is laundered under the purview of the IRS regularly.

It's time for you to either put up or shut up my friend.  Remarkable claims require remarkable evidence.

Other than the final point about money laundering, none of these are claims. They are merely suggestions that these things should be considered and investigated. As far as money laundering goes, I seriously hope you are not denying this.

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »
The conspiracy makes a ton of money by pretending that the Earth is round.  However, that is not their main objective.  If they can make people believe things that are not true, they control those people.

I've often seen this claim made on this website. In what substantive way am I being controlled by the conspiracy but you are not?

ausGeoff

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 07:46:22 AM »
The conspiracy makes a ton of money by pretending that the Earth is round.  However, that is not their main objective.  If they can make people believe things that are not true, they control those people.

I've often seen this claim made on this website. In what substantive way am I being controlled by the conspiracy but you are not?

Not one of the round earth "conspiracy" theorists on this forum have ever explained in any detail exactly why the unnamed "THEY" would be making a truckload of money by perpetuating a round earth myth.

Nor have the flat earthers explained why "THEY" have more control over the population simply because of the geometry of the planet.  In what way would a flat earth give these unnamed powers-that-be less control over the population?

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »

We are all affected by the conspiracy. One does not have to fall for the conspiracy for this to be true so long as the majority of society is. Anyone who disagrees is just assumed to be quack and since that is the case then it is evident that the conspiracy is successful on levels beyond even their own expectations.

Not one of the round earth "conspiracy" theorists on this forum have ever explained in any detail exactly why the unnamed "THEY" would be making a truckload of money by perpetuating a round earth myth.

Nor have the flat earthers explained why "THEY" have more control over the population simply because of the geometry of the planet.  In what way would a flat earth give these unnamed powers-that-be less control over the population?

We haven't? So sending spaceships to space is cheap now???

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 08:13:24 AM »
Lots of debates happening here.  Please familiarize yourselves with the new forum rules.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61846.0#.U-JGAuNdWGc