Whistleblowers and Amateur Rockets

• 109 Replies

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: Whistleblowers and Amateur Rockets
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
Thank you DuckDodgers for trying to explain what I am saying.  I feel with the vast misunderstandings that I am failing to properly articulate my point.  Let me try again.

I'm not saying that giving an IP address can find a person's Christian name, their exact street address, and the number of goldfish they have.  I'm saying that it will give the general location where they live.  For the sake of argument, lets say that I gave an IP address from the Greater London area.  How many flat-earthers do you know that live around London?  Doesn't Thork and Daniel live in or around London?  Wasn't Gayer from there?  I don't recall specifically, but you can see how the list of possible flat-earthers is substantially lower with this little bit of information.  As none of these members have said on the forums that they work for NASA (which would be quite unlikely in London), I would be revealing to the society something about their personal lives.  Even if it wasn't against the rules I would still not do it.

Now, what if the NASA IPs are from a smaller metropolitan area?  What if it's somewhere we know (or are reasonably assured) only one flat-earther lives?  It would be very very easy to match the IP to the user.  There are only a few dozen flat-earthers that use these forums and they are spread across the English-speaking world and beyond.

So, as I hope you can now see, I'm not worried about exposing the user's real-life name or address or something like that, I'm concerned about revealing the user's profession to the forums.  I hope this clears some things up and everyone can stop arguing this unintentional straw-man.

ausGeoff

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2014, 01:48:47 AM »
I tried Geoff's and got Tarneit.

Actually, that's more distant than the other locations suggested.  And my IP's still 110.148.115.230 for any other guesses.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2014, 04:44:06 AM »
That is the location of your ISP's server.  Once this is known, any government agency can find out who the IP address is assigned to. 

If NASA assigns static IP addresses, which my company does, it would be easy for them to figure out what time TFES was accessed and then investigate to figure out the employee who was using that computer at the time.  The satanists at NASA are not technology illiterate. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:49:09 AM by jroa »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2014, 05:36:45 AM »
That is the location of your ISP's server.  Once this is know, any government agency can find out who the IP address is assigned to. 

If NASA assigns static IP addresses, which my company does, it would be easy for them to figure out what time TFES was accessed and then investigate to figure out the employee who was using that computer at the time.  The satanists at NASA are not technology illiterate.

But that is not the argument now is it?
The argument is that WE, as forum members, could track this user down.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2014, 05:39:41 AM »
That is the location of your ISP's server.  Once this is know, any government agency can find out who the IP address is assigned to. 

No, the concern is that NASA will figure out who is the whistleblower.  His safety from the likes of you is secondary. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:55:11 AM by jroa »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2014, 05:50:47 AM »

No, the concern is that NASA will figure out who is the whistleblower.  His safety from the likes of you are secondary.
No, Pongo's concern was that we could figure out who the user was.  NASA, if they already wanted, can look at their records and see what sites their employees visit.  Don't you think that the user just visiting this site on a NASA computer is jeopardizing his safety?  Don't you think that NASA already has this site flagged?  If NASA was this big satanic entity you keep saying it is, wouldn't they already have taken this user out?

Your argument is severely lacking jroa.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 05:57:03 AM »
Who is to say that they have not already taken this user out?  I would not give you up to the satanists, much less an FE'er.  He could very well be in hiding. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2014, 05:58:57 AM »
Who is to say that they have not already taken this user out?  I would not give you up to the satanists, much less an FE'er.  He could very well be in hiding.

Pass the bourbon please.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2014, 06:02:56 AM »

Pass the bourbon please.
Think he's holding out on something a bit stronger.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »

Pass the bourbon please.

Pass it back, you've had enough. 

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2014, 06:21:42 AM »
That is the location of your ISP's server.  Once this is known, any government agency can find out who the IP address is assigned to. 
Only with a warrant.   Oh, and none of us are government agencies.

If NASA assigns static IP addresses, which my company does, it would be easy for them to figure out what time TFES was accessed and then investigate to figure out the employee who was using that computer at the time. 
Or they could just check their internal records.  Doh.

The satanists at NASA are not technology illiterate.
Unlike you lot.  Perhaps they don't consume as much crack as you guys?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2014, 06:23:49 AM »
NASA is not a government agency?  Please try harder.   

Madeleine Alec

• A third dimension is not gratuitous.
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2014, 07:13:18 AM »
Here is a NASA whistle blower.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Earth Is Flat - An Interview with Matthew Boylan

Notice how the example paintings look exactly like the ones NASA- oh wait they don't.

?

Goth

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »

LOL, an acronym for laughing out loud

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2014, 09:11:53 AM »

Oh, and none of us are government agencies.
None of us are NASA.  Please learn how to read.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »
Only with a warrant.   Oh, and none of us are government agencies.

If NASA assigns static IP addresses, which my company does, it would be easy for them to figure out what time TFES was accessed and then investigate to figure out the employee who was using that computer at the time. 
Or they could just check their internal records.  Doh.

The satanists at NASA are not technology illiterate.
Unlike you lot.  Perhaps they don't consume as much crack as you guys?
You really think government agencies need warrants? Come on now. City police don't even need a warrant anymore.
Why would you think we're on crack?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

ausGeoff

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2014, 02:01:42 AM »

True (with a court order).  But Pongo claimed earlier that he personally—or one of us REs on this forum—could track down this alleged NASA whistleblower by simply knowing his IP address.  That's demonstrably incorrect; hence the ongoing rejection of his notion.

And don't forget;  not one member here has been able to determine the city where I live within 200km.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2014, 05:51:08 AM »
I looked up my IP and it found my exact city. Maybe IP locators work better in the US.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2014, 05:55:32 AM »

True (with a court order).  But Pongo claimed earlier that he personally—or one of us REs on this forum—could track down this alleged NASA whistleblower by simply knowing his IP address.  That's demonstrably incorrect; hence the ongoing rejection of his notion.

And don't forget;  not one member here has been able to determine the city where I live within 200km.

...Sigh.

Please reread my posts.  I said nothing of the sorts and have explained this in detail.  If you continue to argue it, I must assume that you are either in possession of an extremely rudimentary reading comprehension or you are simple.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:41:16 AM by Pongo »

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
Here is a NASA whistle blower.
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#ws

The Earth Is Flat - An Interview with Matthew Boylan.

Matthew Boylan is not the most "reliable" of whistleblowers—to put it politely.  He wasn't working for NASA (if he ever was, as we only have his word for it) under any scientific briefing; he was a commercial artist.  And of course he makes all sorts of vague allusions about NASA needing some sort of suspect "artwork" done.  That's his claim to fame; why wouldn't he perpetuate it?  Nor would he have had anything other than a low-level security clearance—like their cleaners and gardeners.  So he's hardly a trustworthy, legitimate whistleblower.

He says on his Facebook page:  "I have hard evidence the earth is flat and infinite, that everyone's been lied to and brainwashed."

Only one problem.  He not once discloses any of this "hard evidence".  Personally, I think he may be slightly mentally deranged.

May you send me his facebook page?
Life is a big trick.