« on: August 01, 2014, 03:12:12 AM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">The Fixed Earth

"Earth-centered," or "geocentric"  VS  "Sun-centered," or "heliocentric"

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: Ptolemy vs. Copernicus
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:54 AM »
Well there is a lot of observations that tell us that the earth is spinning. Sniper bullets account for coriolis and both the rotations and trajectories of storms moving about the earth are affected as well. Foucault's pendulums, eotvos effects and gyroscopes. The motions of celestial objects like stars also indicate it as well. As far as the earth moving about the sun it takes leaps of logic to assume that for some reason the earth is different and that it just treats orbital mechanics differently than everything else. Both ideas make assumptions but the heliocentric model has mechanisms that behave with consistent laws.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:02:53 AM »
Measurement did the sun's redshift show an annual change from red to blue indicating we are orbiting the sun as well
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »
Measurement did the sun's redshift show an annual change from red to blue indicating we are orbiting the sun as well

The position of the Sun in relation to the horizon will change the Suns apparent color. We never truly see the Sun anyways we only see the reflection of the Sun on the Earths atmosphere. In inner-space we can't even see the Sun. However Earth is definitely not geocentric nor is it the center of the Universe, Earth is actually the housing of the entire Earth from a biblical standpoint and therefore concave. (not flat)

Isaiah 40:22Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth,
and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;
that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain,
and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »

The position of the Sun in relation to the horizon will change the Suns apparent color. We never truly see the Sun anyways we only see the reflection of the Sun on the Earths atmosphere. In inner-space we can't even see the Sun. However Earth is definitely not geocentric nor is it the center of the Universe, Earth is actually the housing of the entire Earth from a biblical standpoint and therefore concave. (not flat)

I was talking about redshift.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »

SMH.

I also want to add stellar aberration and stellar parallax.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »

SMH.

I also want to add stellar aberration and stellar parallax.

Also the sun does not change colour so much as the light that is diffused through the atmosphere.  But that is just me being picky ;)

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »

And? You believe this, you don't, you are asking whether we think this is true or not and why? Why don't you put some effort in or at least add something besides a video link? This is low content posting.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »

Who said that heliocentrism was self-evident?  ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »

It's considered low content posting to paste in a link and not provide any content of your own.