« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:24:48 PM by TheDerangedWang »

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
The Death of it All
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 06:23:47 PM »
Quote from: "TheDerangedWang"
...ask him to prove centrifugal force is a lie...

CLICK ON IT.  It's a link for a reason.

The Death of it All
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 06:31:20 PM »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:24:59 PM by TheDerangedWang »

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
The Death of it All
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"
...ask him to prove centrifugal force is a lie...

CLICK ON IT.  It's a link for a reason.

i did, i remain unconvinced despite the shockingly undeniable facts that my eyes are seeing. I refuse to believe anything you say is real and in fact assert that you are in fact a badger....prove me wrong..dude...its a cartoon

Cartoon or not, it's correct.  What you feel is your inertia; your "unwanting" to turn.  Centripetal force is what keeps you in circular motion, whether uniform or non-uniform.

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »
Quote from: "beast"
Only if it was spinning really fast - if it was a very slow spin it would be hardly noticeable.

Prove the earth is spinning slow....

I'm not saying that it's the case - just that it could be an alternative explanation for the results of the pendulum observations.

The Death of it All
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »
Only if it was spinning really fast - if it was a very slow spin it would be hardly noticeable.

Prove the earth is spinning slow....

I'm not saying that it's the case - just that it could be an alternative explanation for the results of the pendulum observations.

ok, but what proof is there that that is even a possibility? Why search for an alternative when 1 solution fits pefectly???...why look for nuclear power when oil is oozing into your living room?..like the oil crisis now, alternate sources of energy only thrive when oil doesnt, alterante theories only arise whenone doest fit....in a re earth, it fits

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »
But it was claimed to be definite proof that the Earth is round and clearly if an alternative theory exists then that's not the case.  I wasn't trying to show that it was likely alternative, just that this experiment doesn't achieve what it is claimed to achieve.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
The Death of it All
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 06:44:59 PM »
Why look for nuclear power when oil is oozing into your living room?

You don't need to look for nuclear power if oil is oozing into your living room. But you can't claim that oil is the only solution to the problem, just because it seems to fit.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

The Death of it All
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 05:27:09 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
Why look for nuclear power when oil is oozing into your living room?

You don't need to look for nuclear power if oil is oozing into your living room. But you can't claim that oil is the only solution to the problem, just because it seems to fit.

it doesnt seem to fit, it does fit, there isnt a problem that arises from the RE theory, compare that to an ice wall. There are many questions that confront the FE theory where FE's struggle to explain with unproven assumptions

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
The Death of it All
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 07:31:44 AM »
it doesnt seem to fit, it does fit, there isnt a problem that arises from the RE theory.

That, in and of itself, does not validate the theory.

There are many questions that confront the FE theory where FE's struggle to explain with unproven assumptions

The only assumption any of our explanations make, is that Earth is flat.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
The Death of it All
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
it doesnt seem to fit, it does fit, there isnt a problem that arises from the RE theory.

That, in and of itself, does not validate the theory.

Correct, but that just means other, more contraversial issues will be the focus point of mainstream science, leaving FE and RE debates for people ...

The Death of it All
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 09:50:32 AM »

Incorrect. I could give you several .

Satellites don't exist.
Scientists lie to us.
There's a conspiracy.
Nasa pictures are fake

etc. etc.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
The Death of it All
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 10:46:21 AM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Satellites don't exist.
Scientists lie to us.
There's a conspiracy.
Nasa pictures are fake

At this point you're basically a liar.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
The Death of it All
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 10:49:07 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Satellites don't exist.
Scientists lie to us.
There's a conspiracy.
Nasa pictures are fake

At this point you're basically a liar.

I'm surprised you could decipher what either one was trying to say.

The Death of it All
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 03:06:10 PM »
Heh .. this is awesome.

Just today, in my university physics class, we did the Foucault pendulum experiment. Calculated the speed of its "turning" from out geographical latitude. Under the assumption that the earth is round :p .. and oddly enough, our calculations turned out to be correct - GEE, HOW DID THAT WORK???

And I was thinking .. geeze, I wonder what the FE crowd would say about all this ..  :roll:

And I'm asking - isn't it possible that you could get similar results if the flat Earth was spinning - maybe even spinning and rotating.  Obviously only enough that it would change how a pendulum spins but not so it would send us flying off into space because that's what we observe.

It is, of course, possible that a flat earth was spinning.

It is NOT however possible though that the outside of a plate is spinning in the opposite direction that the inside of the plate is spinning in. If you do the experiment in the nothern hemisphere, it spins clockwise. In the southern hemisphere, it spins counter-clockwise.

Either everyone that's done a physics class in the southern hemisphere is lying .. or this is simply uncompatible with the flat earth "theory".

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 03:53:42 PM »
Quote from: "Space_Maze"
Heh .. this is awesome.

Just today, in my university physics class, we did the Foucault pendulum experiment. Calculated the speed of its "turning" from out geographical latitude. Under the assumption that the earth is round :p .. and oddly enough, our calculations turned out to be correct - GEE, HOW DID THAT WORK???

And I was thinking .. geeze, I wonder what the FE crowd would say about all this ..  :roll:

And I'm asking - isn't it possible that you could get similar results if the flat Earth was spinning - maybe even spinning and rotating.  Obviously only enough that it would change how a pendulum spins but not so it would send us flying off into space because that's what we observe.

It is NOT however possible though that the outside of a plate is spinning in the opposite direction that the inside of the plate is spinning in. If you do the experiment in the nothern hemisphere, it spins clockwise. In the southern hemisphere, it spins counter-clockwise.

Either everyone that's done a physics class in the southern hemisphere is lying .. or this is simply uncompatible with the flat earth "theory".

Or maybe everybody in the Northern Hemisphere is lying.

The Death of it All
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 08:46:22 PM »
Quote from: "Space_Maze"
Heh .. this is awesome.

Or maybe everybody in the Northern Hemisphere is lying.

Is that sarcasm?
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 09:04:45 PM »
I just don't like the suggestion that it's the Southern Hemisphere people who are liars and not the Northern Hemisphere people.  From my perspective, I'd be much more prepared to believe that the Northern Hemisphere people are liars than the Southern.

People from the Northern Hemisphere:

Hitler, George W Bush, Stalin, PETA, Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein.

People from the Southern Hemisphere:

David Boon, Bob Hawke, Nelson Mandela, Pele.

I rest my case.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
The Death of it All
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2006, 09:29:27 PM »
There's only like 25 people in the entire 'southern hemisphere', so that's not exactly a fair comparison.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

The Death of it All
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
I just don't like the suggestion that it's the Southern Hemisphere people who are liars and not the Northern Hemisphere people.  From my perspective, I'd be much more prepared to believe that the Northern Hemisphere people are liars than the Southern.

People from the Northern Hemisphere:

Hitler, George W Bush, Stalin, PETA, Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein.

People from the Southern Hemisphere:

David Boon, Bob Hawke, Nelson Mandela, Pele.

I rest my case.

Why does there have to BE any liars?

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2006, 09:45:47 PM »
There doesn't - but if there were - it would be those from the Northern Hemisphere.   FACT.

The Death of it All
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »
Jesus was from the northern hemisphere.  I rest my case.

P.S. Jesus outweighs anything good from the Southern Hemisphere :-)
ooyakasha!

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2006, 10:02:34 PM »
Only if you believe fictitious stories and refuse to accept reason and logic.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
The Death of it All
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »
Regions have nothing to do with lying.

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 02:34:07 AM »

Yes they do.  Religion is lies.

The Death of it All
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2006, 07:38:06 AM »

But I wasn't suggesting that everyone in the southern hemisphere is lying. I was suggesting that FE "theory" is a great load of bollocks.

If you still continue to insist on a flat earth, it is the only option that remains open though. I know for a fact that everybody in the northern hemisphere is not lying, as I have executed this experiment myself - in the northern hemisphere. The pendulum turns clockwise.

I have yet to execute the experiment in the southern hemisphere.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
The Death of it All
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2006, 08:12:20 AM »
There doesn't - but if there were - it would be those from the Northern Hemisphere.   FACT.

No, SPECULATION.

There is no way anyone would be able to convince the entire northern hemisphere to lie.

That we can agree on.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
The Death of it All
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2006, 08:27:49 AM »

Dyslexia much?  Region != Religion
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
The Death of it All
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »
Quote from: "thedigitalnomad"

Dyslexia much?  Region != Religion

It would be scary if it did ...

beast

The Death of it All
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »
I'm sorry that was a bad joke.  You said that "Regions" have nothing to do with lies and since "Regions" makes up 78% of "Religion" (in terms of letters) - I was trying to infer that Region did have something to do with lies (because it's so similar to religion).  Pretty silly comment :P