Oh dear...

• 183 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Oh dear...
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:03 AM »
Ouch... Not one of your Flat Earthers come up with a even slightly logical answer - which answers a lot of questions for me, you think the earth is flat because you simply can't fathom the basic principles of physics or space. Did you people even go to school? as your arguments are that of an eight year old.
Can you rebutt anything without the aid of a ready at hand text book or google?

Some can and some can't. That'd only be a criticism on the particular person you are debating with though and even then it doesn't matter. It doesn't make that information invalid.
No it doesn't. It also doesn't make it valid either, or the person who uses it - an expert.

Citations do matter, believe or not.
It depends on the citations.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2014, 06:16:06 AM »
Ouch... Not one of your Flat Earthers come up with a even slightly logical answer - which answers a lot of questions for me, you think the earth is flat because you simply can't fathom the basic principles of physics or space. Did you people even go to school? as your arguments are that of an eight year old.
Can you rebutt anything without the aid of a ready at hand text book or google?

Some can and some can't. That'd only be a criticism on the particular person you are debating with though and even then it doesn't matter. It doesn't make that information invalid.
No it doesn't. It also doesn't make it valid either, or the person who uses it - an expert.

Citations do matter, believe or not.
It depends on the citations.
Yes, that's exactly why they matter.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »
Interesting that when pushed for actual answers to specific questions...

So how precisely did you learn what you know about our planet?  I learned from World book Encyclopedia, Scientific American (US), New Scientist (UK), Australasian Science, Philip Plait, Isaac Asimov, Richard Dawkins, and Carl Sagan etc.
Can you name me a few of the texts and authors you trust?

... that sceptimatic invariably avoids responding, and simply disappears from the thread.  The guy is as weak as feline's urine LOL.

He also absolutely avoids any specific questions about defining his favourite "excuse" for anything to do with mass, force, pressure or gravity... his one-size-fits-all "denpressure".

sceptimatic's scientific knowledge = oxymoron     ;D

ausGeoff

« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2014, 03:38:48 AM »
Hmmm...

So sceptimatic can't name any sources, texts, or authors he trusts?

Does this mean he's just making stuff up on an ad hoc basis?  Which is a polite term for claiming he's full of BS.

C'mon sceptimatic; you've agreed that citations—some of them—do matter.  So how about listing a few of your own?