The Mayans

• 29 Replies
The Mayans
« on: July 19, 2014, 04:56:12 AM »
The Mayans knew the Earth was round. They also knew the Earth rotated and orbited the sun. They were very sophisticated in terms of early astronomy.

How is it a primitive civilization had all this figured out and it matches much of what we know today? Was the conspiracy alive way back then?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The Mayans
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 05:06:57 AM »
They also knew that the Earth would end in 2012.  lol, they were wrong. 

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 05:31:48 AM »
Actually the Mayans never said the world would end.

They said the 3rd age of the Earth was ending in 2012 and the 4th age would begin.

You should do some research because, lol, you're wrong.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 05:36:40 AM »
Actually, all your liberal friends were trying to scare everyone in the years leading up to 2012.  They made lots of money, and when the time came and they could not produce, they simply slipped away. 

Sort of like the Y2K thing.   

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 05:37:22 AM »
Either way, they were woefully wrong about 2012.  Their calendar also started very late into when life on Earth started.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 05:44:30 AM »
Actually, all your liberal friends were trying to scare everyone in the years leading up to 2012.  They made lots of money, and when the time came and they could not produce, they simply slipped away. 

Sort of like the Y2K thing.

Wouldn't know as I am not a liberal.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 05:45:25 AM »
Either way, they were woefully wrong about 2012.  Their calendar also started very late into when life on Earth started.

In terms of moon cycles and winter and summer solstices and so on.......their calendar has been amazingly accurate considering when it was produced.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 05:46:20 AM »

In terms of moon cycles and winter and summer solstices and so on.......their calendar has been amazingly accurate considering when it was produced.

lol, not a liberal? 

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 05:48:01 AM »

lol, not a liberal?

lol, no I'm not.

lol

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 06:17:02 AM »
Wait, liberal's thought the world was going to end in 2012?

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 10:22:10 AM »
Wait, liberal's thought the world was going to end in 2012?
I don't know, but I don't think so, maybe in Jroa world (TM)?.  The Mayans certainly didn't.  That was some new age idiots.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »
Why is it that every thread and every topic devolves in personal accusations and arguments over semantics?  There is rarely direct responses to the actual question.

Were ancient civilizations also conspirators?  Or were they just wrong?

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 12:09:50 PM »
Why is it that every thread and every topic devolves in personal accusations and arguments over semantics? 
Look at the second poster in the thread and you will have your answer.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 12:52:43 PM »
Why is it that every thread and every topic devolves in personal accusations and arguments over semantics?  There is rarely direct responses to the actual question.

Because either
A. Almost everyone here is a troll and does that specifically to mess with people
B. Jroa is stalling for time (which is funny since this is an online forum where you have limitless time to respond) to come up with bullshit
C. FET is indefensible against the reality of RET, thus, anyone inquiring further is spun around and lead off their original tracks so as they don't poke too deep.

I think it's a mixture of all three.
Quote from: jroa
...as if you have some kind of supernatural ability to measure distance with your eyes.
Quote from: Pongo
THE WALLS OF FLAT-EARTH THEORY ARE CRUMBING AROUND ME!!!!!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 04:17:38 AM »
What evidence is there that the Mayans existed in the timescale that we are told they did?
What evidence directly shows us their writings that show us they knew the full scale of Earth and the planets, etc?

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 07:31:15 AM »
What evidence is there that the Mayans existed in the timescale that we are told they did?
What evidence directly shows us their writings that show us they knew the full scale of Earth and the planets, etc?

The temples and pyramids they left behind.

The Temple of the Cross Complex. Tikal. Chichen Itza.The Chichen Itza was positioned according to the sun's position on the equinoxes of spring and fall. Pretty good proof they knew what they were doing.

Like many ancient civilizations they illustrated their beliefs and documented their histories in their places of worship. They actually had one of the first known written languages.

The Mayan calendar is proof they knew the full scale of Earth and the planets. They could accurately predict solar eclipses and moon cycles.

No evidence they ever believed in an ice dome though. So maybe they didn't know everything.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 07:38:31 AM »

The temples and pyramids they left behind.

The Temple of the Cross Complex. Tikal. Chichen Itza.The Chichen Itza was positioned according to the sun's position on the equinoxes of spring and fall. Pretty good proof they knew what they were doing.

Like many ancient civilizations they illustrated their beliefs and documented their histories in their places of worship. They actually had one of the first known written languages.

The Mayan calendar is proof they knew the full scale of Earth and the planets. They could accurately predict solar eclipses and moon cycles.

No evidence they ever believed in an ice dome though. So maybe they didn't know everything.
Did they leave any scrolls or written notes telling who they were, etc or is it all drawings and structures?

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 07:41:25 AM »
They made codices.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »
They made codices.
Elaborate a little. Stick a little bit of your own effort into it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:20 AM »
Did they leave any scrolls or written notes telling who they were, etc or is it all drawings and structures?
They did, but unfortunately most of Mayan writings were destroyed.
By the time the Spanish conquered the Maya in the sixteenth century, Maya civilization had been in decline for some time. The conquest-era Maya were literate and had kept thousands of books, but zealous priests burned the books, destroyed temples and stonecarvings where they found them and did all they could to repress Maya culture and language. A few books remained, and many glyphs on temples and pottery lost deep in the rainforests survived.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 07:50:53 AM »
This is not an archaeology or history forum - why not use google - there are a wealth of sites with lots of information about the Mayans, if you are really interested that is, which I doubt.  Hell, you could even read a book about them if you wanted to.

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
You're currently on the internet. If you don't know what a codice is.......google it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »
Oh, ok. I just thought that when you put up a topic about the Mayane, you were going to maybe explain your stance and maybe answer questions and such, so I asked. I didn't realise that I had to use google all the time to do this.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »
I didn't realize a self professed genius that has claimed to be educated and has such profound knowledge of things like the ice dome wouldn't know what a codice is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 08:30:55 AM »
I didn't realize a self professed genius that has claimed to be educated and has such profound knowledge of things like the ice dome wouldn't know what a codice is.
Bring up the post where I said I didn't know and I'll change to a global Earth stance. Over to you.

As I recall, I asked you to elaborate on what you were saying. You know, like tell me more.

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
If you know what a codice is.........why ask me to elaborate?

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:37 AM »
A codice is a codice. No need to elaborate.

That is like someone saying they read a book on a particular subject and you asking them to elaborate on what a book is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
A codice is a codice. No need to elaborate.

That is like someone saying they read a book on a particular subject and you asking them to elaborate on what a book is.
Ok stop fretting. It's clear what your goal is. This will be my last post to you, you're binned as a waste of my time.

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 08:47:47 AM »
Anyone that can easily make you look silly is a waste of your time, I'm guessing.

ausGeoff

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
As sceptimatic obviously doesn't know what a "codex" is, this is an image of one written (drawn?) around the time of the Conquistador invasion of 1519CE to 1521CE.  It's known as a "pictogram" and illustrates a historical story by the use—obviously—of images.

—There's currently around 500 of these codices still in existence.