Problems with the FE theory.

• 26 Replies
Problems with the FE theory.
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:16:43 PM »
- How do we fall?
   -The world cannot be moving 'up' with an acceleration of ~9.81 m/s, or else it would be going faster than light right now. (It must be an acceleration, a constant speed would not make us fall, since that would be incorporated into our jumping velocity.)
   -The existence of an intrinsic 'down' would cause the Earth, and other planets to fall that way, which would yield the same results as the point above. Also, macro matter clearly attracts, as per what we can see in the universe.

-How do you explain the refraction of light through the atmosphere to produce colors only consistent with a curved atmosphere?

-If the Earth is flat, and has edges, what's keeping the atmosphere on the 'top'? 

-Why can I take a flight from Britain, to Germany, to china, to america to Britain, without going back on myself?

-Why are there  varying star constellations in different parts of the world?

-Why can we see farther from higher? Human view distance is potentially infinite, we can see stars that are very, very, very, very, very far away. Why can we see things on Earth that are further away when we are higher up?

-Why are time Zones polar? It's never the case that no part of the earth is without the sun. Why is that so? If the Earth was flat either we wouldn't have varying days and nights or there would come a point where NONE of the Earth has light.

-How would the "Foucault Pendulum" work if the Earth was either accelerating, or there was an intrinsic down?

-If we've never been to space, why does my GPS work?

---More importantly: During lunar eclipses (when the Earth’s orbit places it directly between the Sun and the Moon, creating a shadow in the process), the shadow on the Moon’s surface (cause by the earth) is round.

Since the earth is rotating (see the “Foucault Pendulum” experiment for a definite proof, if you are doubtful), the consistent oval-shadow it produces in each and every lunar eclipse proves that the earth is not only round but spherical.

---If you stick a stick in the ground, it will produce a shadow. The shadow moves as time passes. If the world had been flat, then two sticks in different locations would produce the same shadow.

But they don’t. This is because the earth is round, and not flat.

---Consider a sphere. Since a sphere has a consistent shape, no matter where on it you stand, you have exactly the same amount of sphere under you. Imagine an ant walking around on a crystal ball. Assuming the crystal ball is polished, the ant’s only indication of movement would be the fact it’s moving its feet. The scenery (and shape of the surface) would not change at all.

Consider a flat plane. The center of mass of a flat plane is in its center (more or less – if you want to be more accurate, feel free to do the entire integration process), and the force of gravity will pull a person toward the middle of the plain. That means that if you stand on the edge of the plane, gravity will be pulling you toward the middle, not straight down like you usually experience.

I am quite positive that even for Australians an apple falls downwards, but if you have your doubts, I urge you to try it out – just make sure it’s nothing that can break or hurt you. Just in case gravity is consistent after all.

Re: Problems with the FE theory.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »
Most of these question have been addressed - not "answered", to be honest - by FErs either in FAQ or various forum threads. To sum up their so-called knowledge/opinions, as far as I have seen them:

1. there exists a kind of force that keeps pushing everything(stars, Earth etc.) up, but we are shielded from it by Earth. As for the light speed - I don't know, maybe it works in some other way to them or some relativistic effects prevent us from reaching this speed, while letting us accelerate?

2. "refraction, diffraction, bendy light"... Basically weird optical phenomena working in ways required by a given subject.

3. That's a good question which has me wondering as well. Probably not answered yet.

4. They will say that you are traveling in a circle around the center, pulled off course, and that the pilots might be in on a massive "round" conspiracy as well.

5. Depending on the side - some weird reflections of some crystals sitting on the edges of the Earth, shining on a massive dome above the Earth, or pretty much unanswered. A better question should be why the constellations are similar in seemingly opposite parts of it...

6. Light is supposedly pushed away from Earth's surface, so standing higher would allow you to see light emitted by objects laying further away.

7. The sun acts as a spotlight. Therefore we can have both night and day in different places. But it still doesn't quite explain the shape of the terminator between these zones. And at any given time, more "known" Earth should be in shadow in this case...

8. It would work if the Earth was spinning, which, to my knowledge, it doesn't do in FE "model". Apparently all the exhibitions related to this topic are rigged.

9. Probably by a massive array of ground bases instead of satellites.

10. No idea. There are some proposed "shadow objects", that are only perceptible if they get between the Earth and Sun or Moon.

Maybe someone else will give you more details, but I think these are the most basic explanations about the subjects you mentioned.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:59:01 PM »
- How do we fall?
   -The world cannot be moving 'up' with an acceleration of ~9.81 m/s, or else it would be going faster than light right now. (It must be an acceleration, a constant speed would not make us fall, since that would be incorporated into our jumping velocity.)

Special Relativity tells us that something can accelerate indefinitely without ever reaching the speed of light.  Maybe you should learn SR. 

edit: so many questions at once.  You would do better to ask one question at a time.

Also, moving this to FEQ&A
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:01:34 PM by jroa »

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
- How do we fall?

Special Relativity tells us that something can accelerate indefinitely without ever reaching the speed of light.  Maybe you should learn SR. 

edit: so many questions at once.  You would do better to ask one question at a time.

That's only from the reference from of the observer.

From an outside reference frame it would have to exceed the speed of light, which is still impossible.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:44:46 PM »
- How do we fall?

From an outside reference frame it would have to exceed the speed of light, which is still impossible.

Have you even studied Special Relativity?  You sound like you have not.  Einstein proved mathematically that something can accelerate forever and never reach the speed of light. 

v = tan h (a*t)

Where v is the velocity in units of C, tan h is the hyperbolic tangent, a is the acceleration in light years per year, and t is the time in years.  Using Einstein's equation, no matter how long the time is and no matter what the acceleration is, you can never get a result higher than 1 C.  In fact, the result can only approach C, but never over take it.

Maybe you are calling Einstein a liar or an imbecile? 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:14:14 AM »
- How do we fall?

Have you even studied Special Relativity?  You sound like you have not.  Einstein proved mathematically that something can accelerate forever and never reach the speed of light. 

v = tan h (a*t)

Where v is the velocity in units of C, tan h is the hyperbolic tangent, a is the acceleration in light years per year, and t is the time in years.  Using Einstein's equation, no matter how long the time is and no matter what the acceleration is, you can never get a result higher than 1 C.  In fact, the result can only approach C, but never over take it.

For someone who believed the Earth was round, you sure are being very selective on what findings and work of theirs that you will use.
Quote from: jroa
...as if you have some kind of supernatural ability to measure distance with your eyes.
Quote from: Pongo
THE WALLS OF FLAT-EARTH THEORY ARE CRUMBING AROUND ME!!!!!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 12:19:27 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

For someone who believed the Earth was round, you sure are being very selective on what findings and work of theirs that you will use.

Are you calling Einstein a liar, or are you implying that he was an idiot?  You are hard to follow.  ???

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Are you calling Einstein a liar, or are you implying that he was an idiot?  You are hard to follow.  ???

I'm saying that FEers believe in his theories of Relativity, while ignoring the fact that he believed the world was round. You throw his name around like the hot shit he is. You use him as an undeniably trustable source. Yet, he believed the earth was a spheroid, not flat. Why don't you believe that aspect of his psyche?
...as if you have some kind of supernatural ability to measure distance with your eyes.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 12:40:14 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

I'm saying that FEers believe in his theories of Relativity, while ignoring the fact that he believed the world was round. You throw his name around like the hot shit he is. You use him as an undeniably trustable source. Yet, he believed the earth was a spheroid, not flat. Why don't you believe that aspect of his psyche?

How do you know what he believed?  Lots of his work is clearly a masked ploy to prove that the Earth is flat.  Have you even studied his work? 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 12:42:30 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

How do you know what he believed?  Lots of his work is clearly a masked ploy to prove that the Earth is flat.  Have you even studied his work?

Have you? I'm guessing you will say that you will, and I'll have to go on your word with that one. Which is why I hope you go on mine when I frivolously say an anonymous forum that I have too. Because neither of us can prove that we have.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:51 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Have you? I'm guessing you will say that you will, and I'll have to go on your word with that one. Which is why I hope you go on mine when I frivolously say an anonymous forum that I have too. Because neither of us can prove that we have.

Study some of his work some time, like Special Relativity.  Keep an open mind, and you will see the flat Earth all over the place. 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 12:49:15 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Study some of his work some time, like Special Relativity.  Keep an open mind, and you will see the flat Earth all over the place.

Look at how tiny our quotes are getting. And also, could you perhaps point me to a few places in his work that I could start reading? Y'know get past all the buildup, I just want the climax. I want the FET to just explode right out of my screen, through my eyes, and into my willing, eager brain.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 12:54:51 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Look at how tiny our quotes are getting. And also, could you perhaps point me to a few places in his work that I could start reading? Y'know get past all the buildup, I just want the climax. I want the FET to just explode right out of my screen, through my eyes, and into my willing, eager brain.

Have you studied the equivalence principle yet? 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

No, I have not. Do you think that would be a full body experience in the pleasure and wonder of FET if I read into that? Because that's the only stuff I'm looking for, y'know?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 01:16:55 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

No, I have not. Do you think that would be a full body experience in the pleasure and wonder of FET if I read into that? Because that's the only stuff I'm looking for, y'know?

Einstein was a very smart person.  Just because you can't read the flat Earth undertones, that does not mean they don't exist. 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:36 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Einstein was a very smart person.  Just because you can't read the flat Earth undertones, that does not mean they don't exist.

No sir, I'm eager to read more into it, I mean, who else than Einstein would I ever listen to? I mean, he and the other members of the Manhattan Project were responsible for the instantaneous deaths of more than 200,000 people. Who wouldn't look up to that? All Hail Sat- I mean Einstein!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 01:23:00 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

No sir, I'm eager to read more into it, I mean, who else than Einstein would I ever listen to? I mean, he and the other members of the Manhattan Project were responsible for the instantaneous deaths of more than 200,000 people. Who wouldn't look up to that? All Hail Sat- I mean Einstein!

Have you even looked up the Equivalence Principle yet? 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 01:32:11 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Just did. So, Gravity (pulling down) is just the same as being pushed at a constant acceleration. Yes, this makes sense. F1 drivers experience many Gs of force as they round turns, they are being accelerated in different directions (namely left and right around bends) as they drive. Jet pilots experience the same thing, but either up or down. Although they prefer positive to negative Gs. Blackout is better than redout.

And I see where you're going with this, how it can prove FET of the sensation of gravity. But I'm not quite sure that's what Good Ole Albert was going for. Although I understand I have no room to talk for him.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 01:35:56 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Just did. So, Gravity (pulling down) is just the same as being pushed at a constant acceleration. Yes, this makes sense. F1 drivers experience many Gs of force as they round turns, they are being accelerated in different directions (namely left and right around bends) as they drive. Jet pilots experience the same thing, but either up or down. Although they prefer positive to negative Gs. Blackout is better than redout.

And I see where you're going with this, how it can prove FET of the sensation of gravity. But I'm not quite sure that's what Good Ole Albert was going for. Although I understand I have no room to talk for him.

Einstein understood that the sensation of "gravity" can be achieved with acceleration.  He wrote a lot about this.  You seem to dismiss it out right.  Perhaps you are just indoctrinated? 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 01:37:56 AM »
- How do we fall?

v = tan h (a*t)

Einstein understood that the sensation of "gravity" can be achieved with acceleration.  He wrote a lot about this.  You seem to dismiss it out right.  Perhaps you are just indoctrinated?

No, no, I see how it can be so. I used those examples to support his claim. It makes sense. I just don't believe his agenda to be touting FET, however relevant his work may seem to one of your tenants.

?

Goth

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 03:09:56 AM »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 06:05:17 AM »

I asked before for some sort of evidence to back this claim up, unsurprisingly it never materialized. I think to be fair this should just be ignored for the time being.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 06:44:52 AM »

You seem to be implying that the equivalence principle is merely a thought exercise to show a coincidence. The equivalence principle is intended to show that gravitation is literally an acceleration and that the curvature of spacetime is what allows for this to happen. Acceleration via a fictitious force.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »

You seem to be implying that the equivalence principle is merely a thought exercise to show a coincidence. The equivalence principle is intended to show that gravitation is literally an acceleration and that the curvature of spacetime is what allows for this to happen. Acceleration via a fictitious force.

Jroa-The equivalence principle has nothing to do with the FE hypothesis per se.  It is just something that has been shoe-horned in to it's service.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »

This is considered low content posting and is not allowed in the upper forums.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 08:34:37 AM »
I know you have lots of questions, but like it's been said, it's really better to ask your questions one at a time.  Regardless, I'll answer one:

-If the Earth is flat, and has edges, what's keeping the atmosphere on the 'top'? 

The atmosphere, or atmolayer, sits within the barrier of the ice wall -- a large ice/rock barrier that rims the earth.  Conversely, some flat-earthers believe that the air you breath is contained within a firmament.  Both views contain merit.  Further research is required.  Please see our fund raiser thread to help us answer these questions.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61797.0#.U8P4YZRdWGc

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »
I know you have lots of questions, but like it's been said, it's really better to ask your questions one at a time.  Regardless, I'll answer one:

The atmosphere, or atmolayer, sits within the barrier of the ice wall -- a large ice/rock barrier that rims the earth.  Conversely, some flat-earthers believe that the air you breath is contained within a firmament.  Both views contain merit.  Further research is required.  Please see our fund raiser thread to help us answer these questions.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61797.0#.U8P4YZRdWGc

Don't forget about the liquid/solid atmoplane theory.