Funny...

• 39 Replies
?

Rossk #5!!

• I beat LoZ: TP! YAY!
Funny...
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:21:26 PM »
It's funny how when I prove the Earth is round people ignore me. So now I shall provide you with a simple experiment that will prove the Earth is indeed round. The FAQ says the reason a ship in the ocean will eventually float away from sight isn't because the Earth is round, but it's an optical illusion, because you can't see that far. So here is an experiment to prove you wrong on this. Get a telescope, and get it perfectly set on the horizon. Now get one of your friends to get in a boat and start heading out, or watch someone else who's sailing out. Now, get the telescope in line with the boat, as I stated earlier. Now watch the boat with your eyes, as it starts to slowly move away from sight. Now you can't see it, but try looking in your telescope. Will you see the boat? If the Earth was flat, the telescope, which helps you see farther distances, would help you see the boat. If the Earth was round, however, it wouldn't help at all. Discuss.
the earth is a friggin sphere.

Funny...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:33:01 PM »
i see were your going with that, visibility can be a problem depending weather it is clear or foggy and such the day.
isclaimer
The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author. Also the earth is round.

Funny...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
so go to a place that's not foggy. this is one of the best arguments on here.
hy are people so stupid? i guess years of satelite evidence can't prove that the earth is round? satelites are a conspiracy? yea that's why we have cell phones and xm radio.

Funny...
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
you would have to also go on a calm day when the waves are less than 2 foot.
isclaimer
The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author. Also the earth is round.

Funny...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »
True. Too bad it's not that difficult to prove that the world isn't flat.
hy are people so stupid? i guess years of satelite evidence can't prove that the earth is round? satelites are a conspiracy? yea that's why we have cell phones and xm radio.

?

GeoGuy

Funny...
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »
Quote from: "7string"

Then why hasn't anyone done it?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Funny...
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »
I was wondering the same thing... :?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Funny...
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 05:57:14 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

it has been done. WE HAVE GONE TO THE MOON!
isclaimer

?

GeoGuy

Funny...
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »
Have we?

Funny...
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 06:00:15 PM »
Have we?

not sure what country your from but here in the us of a we have been to the moon many times. and it is un American to say otherwise.

saying we have not gone to the moon is like saying we have not invaded iraq.
isclaimer

?

GeoGuy

Funny...
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »
Quote from: "Cheech6"
Not sure what country your from but here in the us of a we have been to the moon many times. and it is un American to say otherwise.

Whether or not something is un-American has no bearing on whether or not it is true.

Funny...
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »
Have we?

not sure what country your from but here in the us of a we have been to the moon many times. and it is un American to say otherwise.

in an effort to seperate myself from everything american, i chose to state that we have not ventured to the moon...phew! still an aussie!

Funny...
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 07:05:46 PM »

Thye did, you just ignored them.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

beast

Funny...
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »
Have we?

I've never been to the moon  :cry: I guess I didn't get the invite.  Well I'm not inviting you on my trip to Narnia so there.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Funny...
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 08:27:20 PM »
Quote from: "beast"
Have we?

I've never been to the moon  :cry: I guess I didn't get the invite.  Well I'm not inviting you on my trip to Narnia so there.

Oh!  Where's my invite!  I'm not inviting you to Blahfaceland then.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Funny...
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 09:08:23 PM »
Have we?

:lol:

That's all I have to say...

~D-Draw

Funny...
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »
Hmm....  So I guess this means the RErs win this round.  So if you're a flat earther, you don't have to worry about being paranoid your whole life.  Believe it or not, this is a good thing, you don't have to think the whole earth is just a big lie.

Funny...
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »
No because if you're an RE, you are complacent and will be taken advantage of for the rest of your life... I consider it a Tie.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Funny...
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 10:50:27 PM »
Wait, why do the RE'ers win this round?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Funny...
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 12:43:51 AM »
becos one of the made a stupid statement with the words "unamerican" and "war" in the same sentence i suppose. Go figure... :?

?

Rossk #5!!

Funny...
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 03:59:15 PM »

YOU could, GeoGuy. I just gave all FE'ers a simple experiment. Unless you:

1. Are not open-minded at all, have your heart set on a flat earth and will never NOT believe

2. Do not live anywhere near a large body of water

you can prove the Earth is spherical.

Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Wait, why do the RE'ers win this round?

Because I just gave all FE'ers and RE'ers a simple experiment that proves the Earth is round.

?

GeoGuy

Funny...
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »
Quote from: "Rossk #5!!"

YOU could, GeoGuy. I just gave all FE'ers a simple experiment. Unless you:

1. Are not open-minded at all, have your heart set on a flat earth and will never NOT believe

2. Do not live anywhere near a large body of water

you can prove the Earth is spherical.

No, you gave an experiment that could potentially be strong evidence against the FE theory. I would hardly say "proof", because if the results are found to be explainable within the parameters of the FE theory, it isn't "Proof" of anything.

?

Rossk #5!!

Funny...
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 04:12:04 PM »
Ok, so let's assume that you did the experiment, and you saw what I said would happen (the boat is still out of view). So if that isn't proof, tell me how it could be that way on a flat earth.

Funny...
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 04:13:26 PM »
optical illusions man. :roll:
an vir

?

GeoGuy

Funny...
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:59 PM »
Ok, so let's assume that you did the experiment, and you saw what I said would happen (the boat is still out of view). So if that isn't proof, tell me how it could be that way on a flat earth.

Whether or not I can give you a reason is not indicative of whether or not there is a reason.

Funny...
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 04:39:58 PM »
Whether or not something is un-American has no bearing on whether or not it is true.

Yes it does.  Don't you know anything?  America is always right.
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

?

Rossk #5!!

Funny...
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 04:54:49 PM »
Quote from: "semperround"
optical illusions man. :roll:

No, that's the FE'ers' explanation for how it is normally. I just proved you wrong, and you say it's still an optical illusion? Hehe, that is the kind of answer I was expecting... :roll:

Whether or not I can give you a reason is not indicative of whether or not there is a reason.

Yes, there is a reason. The earth is round. :)

?

GeoGuy

Funny...
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »

Yes, there is a reason. The earth is round. :)

I meant "A reason why it happens on a flat Earth". I just didn't think it would be necessary to make that distinction.

?

Rossk #5!!

Funny...
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »
Haha, I have now observed what I guessed would happen. This thread has fallen down, when I have given an easy experiment for all FE'ers to learn the Earth is round. I guess they're too scared to be proven wrong. ;)

Funny...
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 06:13:40 PM »

Thats the whole point of the argument, everytime it is proven, FE's ignore the evidence. How hasnt the earth been proven round. The whole point of this debate is to show how FE's dont accept any arguments, you have just won RE's this argument geoguy..TY..oh by the way, you still havent answered the question about the telescope.