Just a Few Questions for FET

• 44 Replies
?

guv

Re: Just a Few Questions for FET
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:53 AM »
I see you have met jroa young fella. Get used to it.

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
Krikas, why would it be any different than on a RE? The FE could be layered as well. I personally haven't seen any mention that FE is "just ground", it is pretty obvious it requires molten rock somewhere below our feet. Volcanoes, oceanic hot vents etc. run on it.

Okay, I can see this. Although I still don't understand how FET would explain the detection of Earthquakes from the other side of the world. Also, feel free to answer either of my two other questions, I'm still curious.
Quote from: jroa
...as if you have some kind of supernatural ability to measure distance with your eyes.
Quote from: Pongo
THE WALLS OF FLAT-EARTH THEORY ARE CRUMBING AROUND ME!!!!!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
Krikas, why would it be any different than on a RE? The FE could be layered as well. I personally haven't seen any mention that FE is "just ground", it is pretty obvious it requires molten rock somewhere below our feet. Volcanoes, oceanic hot vents etc. run on it.

Okay, I can see this. Although I still don't understand how FET would explain the detection of Earthquakes from the other side of the world. Also, feel free to answer either of my two other questions, I'm still curious.

The space shuttle was an aircraft.  Just because you saw it land, that does not mean you know where it came from.  Aircraft land all the time, and that does not mean they came from space, right? 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »

The space shuttle was an aircraft.  Just because you saw it land, that does not mean you know where it came from.  Aircraft land all the time, and that does not mean they came from space, right?

In fact, it was not an aircraft, as it could not hold self-sustained flight. It could only glide, after coming through the atmosphere. And when one breaks apart during re-entry due to faulty ceramic heatshield paneling, I think that would constitute as good evidence it was coming from space. Also, it was carrying no fuel, as, again, it is not capable of self-sustaining flight, so it was not an explosion.
...as if you have some kind of supernatural ability to measure distance with your eyes.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »

In fact, it was not an aircraft, as it could not hold self-sustained flight. It could only glide, after coming through the atmosphere. And when one breaks apart during re-entry due to faulty ceramic heatshield paneling, I think that would constitute as good evidence it was coming from space. Also, it was carrying no fuel, as, again, it is not capable of self-sustaining flight, so it was not an explosion.

What are the funny looking rocket things behind it if it did not carry any fuel?  Also, accidents happen.  You just assume they are telling you the truth. 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »

What are the funny looking rocket things behind it if it did not carry any fuel?  Also, accidents happen.  You just assume they are telling you the truth.

The rockets used for launch and orbital insertion. Just because they are there, doesn't mean they still have fuel. And thank you for pointing that out, as now you know for sure that even if they had fuel, that they most definitely are not jet turbine engines, thus unsuitable for self-sustaining flight.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »

Tectonic plates as we know them don't sound very likely on a Flat Earth, at least a finite flat Earth with an edge. Either the plates would have to be fixed to the edge, because the edge is exposed and would therefore likely cool and harden, fixing the edge in place, or for some unknown reason it might still move, in which case the plates would slide off the edge, or magma would leak out. Since the Earth has apparently been around quite some time, and chunks of it haven't slid off into space, I think we have to conclude that tectonic plates can't really work on a flat Earth.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »

Tectonic plates as we know them don't sound very likely on a Flat Earth, at least a finite flat Earth with an edge. Either the plates would have to be fixed to the edge, because the edge is exposed and would therefore likely cool and harden, fixing the edge in place, or for some unknown reason it might still move, in which case the plates would slide off the edge, or magma would leak out. Since the Earth has apparently been around quite some time, and chunks of it haven't slid off into space, I think we have to conclude that tectonic plates can't really work on a flat Earth.

This is not a debate forum.  It is FEQ&A.  If you don't have a flat Earth question or answer, please refrain from posting here.  Thanks. 

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »

This is not a debate forum.  It is FEQ&A.  If you don't have a flat Earth question or answer, please refrain from posting here.  Thanks.

FINE THEN I WILL

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61834.0
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »

I don't really see how my answers can be solved without some sort of discussion. Anyway, I still haven't come across a good enough answer to that first question, particularly concerning how scientists from around the world can detect the same earthquake. And my 3rd question about light from sound is more directed towards Scepti, because he's probably the biggest backer of that theory. And maybe Earthisaspaceship too. Not sure, but if anyone had input on that, I'd be very glad to find out.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 04:06:27 AM »

I don't really see how my answers can be solved without some sort of discussion. Anyway, I still haven't come across a good enough answer to that first question, particularly concerning how scientists from around the world can detect the same earthquake. And my 3rd question about light from sound is more directed towards Scepti, because he's probably the biggest backer of that theory. And maybe Earthisaspaceship too. Not sure, but if anyone had input on that, I'd be very glad to find out.

If you want a flat Earth answer to your question, then you are in the right place.  If you want a round Earth answer to your question, then I am sure you can find a RE Q&A somewhere on the internet.  Maybe you can try the Round Earth Society.

To answer your question, the flat Earth obviously has a solid crust.  Vibrations can easily pass through dense objects, such as rock.  I am not sure where you are going with this line of questioning. 

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 01:08:44 PM »
jroa, look up different types of seismic waves(if I remember correctly there are three different kinds) and the relative strength of them, their ways of spreading and where they can be registered relative to the origin point. How would things like p-wave shadow zones be explained with a FE model?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »
jroa, look up different types of seismic waves(if I remember correctly there are three different kinds) and the relative strength of them, their ways of spreading and where they can be registered relative to the origin point. How would things like p-wave shadow zones be explained with a FE model?

For all you or I know, the different types of waves could just be a misinterpretation of the data. 

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »

For all you or I know, the different types of waves could just be a misinterpretation of the data.

That's a respectable point, but let's assume they're not a misinterpretation. How would FET explain that?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 01:28:37 AM »

That's a respectable point, but let's assume they're not a misinterpretation. How would FET explain that?

We could assume that they are a misinterpretation or not.  It does not matter.