Please explain: time zones, etc.

• 5 Replies
Please explain: time zones, etc.
« on: June 30, 2014, 02:11:01 AM »
Hi FE's!
I'd like an FE theory-compatible explanation for time zones;
- why is that when you're moving west, the sun will rise later?
- why is that, when in northern winter, if you're moving north, the days (sunrise to sundown) are getting shorter?

In basic 3D geometry, if you set a plane, a point P close to it (a person) and a point S a bit further away (the sun), then there only are three cases:
I) the sun is on the same side of the plane than the person. In this case, for any other point P on the same side of the plane and at the same distance, S will be visible: the sun is visible for everyone on the surface of plane earth.
II) the sun is on the other side of the plane than the person. In this case, the sun will be invisible for every person P.
III) the sun is somewhere IN the plane: either it is far away from little discworld and thus invisible to everyone on earth (i.e. hidden behind the ice walls of the southern pole surrounding the disc), or it is crossing the earth plane and people can touch it as it goes through a hole in the ground (but I think this is right out, isn't it?).
Considering the latter;
- why is that, at a given time of the day, the sun can be seen from some places on earth when it's not visible from some others?

And a bonus question: considering the following fact: to go round the earth as fast as possible, sailing boats of the Volvo Ocean Race head south, and make a quick turn around the south pole, then head north again, back to England.
- how is that, in FE model, circumnavigating the plane earth close to its edge (i.e. the biggest circle) actually is the fastest way to do it?

ausGeoff

Re: Please explain: time zones, etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 05:54:05 AM »
As no flat earther has felt the need to address your questions, as a round earther I'll attempt to answer as they undoubtedly would.

Refraction and reflection, the thickness of the air, bendy light, low clouds, optical illusions, tall buildings, the ice wall, humidity, aetheric winds, denpressure, chemtrails, a global conspiracy, NASA's lies, Zeteticism, chemtrails, and RE mental disability.

Different combinations of some or all of the above will explain what you seek.

;D

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »
It's all perspective...
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

?

Goth

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »
God Bless You Guys, ' you finally understand something, you never did before !  God Bless You'
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:10:10 PM by Goth »

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 03:20:48 AM »
Cheers Geoff, that's roughly what I expected.. :)
By the way, I was in Greenland last week; the spectacle of the sun following a similar trajectory as it does here but not disappearing over the horizon (thus disproving every possible flat earth theory) was awesome! ;)

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:23:47 AM »
As no flat earther has felt the need to address your questions, as a round earther I'll attempt to answer as they undoubtedly would.

Refraction and reflection, the thickness of the air, bendy light, low clouds, optical illusions, tall buildings, the ice wall, humidity, aetheric winds, denpressure, chemtrails, a global conspiracy, NASA's lies, Zeteticism, chemtrails, and RE mental disability.

Different combinations of some or all of the above will explain what you seek.

;D

This is not what I, nor anyone, would consider a genuine flat-earth response.  You're on the right path but not close enough to the destination.  Please read our new forums rules.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61846.0#.U80iWuNdWGc