(Edited) General FE questions

• 42 Replies
Re: Questions about religiousness and calculus.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »
1. Is there a formula I can use to track a comet or planet and predict its course?

2. Is there a formula I can use to determine the earth's mass?

?

Krikas

• What is this place?
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 12:49:01 PM »
1. Is there a formula I can use to track a comet or planet and predict its course?

2. Is there a formula I can use to determine the earth's mass?

Binder, I'd leave, as Jroa will only spin you in circles until you leave. Just a protip. He won't give real answers.
Quote from: jroa
...as if you have some kind of supernatural ability to measure distance with your eyes.
Quote from: Pongo
THE WALLS OF FLAT-EARTH THEORY ARE CRUMBING AROUND ME!!!!!

?

guv

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »
Binder, yes to both questions. Kepler's law of orbital motion and the Cavendish experiment, where he weighed the Earth.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »
This is FE Q&A.  Ifyou do not have a flat Earth question or answer, then please refrain from posting here.  Thanks.

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 03:31:32 PM »
I see I've asked the wrong questions.

I should have asked..
1. Is there a formula I can use to disprove that comets or planets can be tracked and predict their courses?

2. Is there a formula I can use to determine the earth's flat and circular shape?

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
After reading some more of the FE FAQ, I was wondering something else.

Does FEers have a theory for how the earth was created? Everyone else has one. Some religious claim it was created by whichever god they subscribe to. Some people believe it was created over billions of years from particles following the law of gravity.

Is some sort of Flat Earth origins story?

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »
I can't stop reading your FAQ.

When it comes to lunar eclipses, science says the Moon passes directly behind the Earth into its umbra (shadow). This can occur only when the Sun, Earth, and Moon are aligned. Your Wiki page says,"A Lunar Eclipse occurs about twice a year when a satellite of the sun(the Shadow Object) passes between the sun and moon."

What is the the Shadow Object made of? How did it come to be a satellite of the sun?

Re: (Edited) General FE questions
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
I found a page in your Wiki labeled Astrophysics. It's only two paragraphs long. One called Universal Acceleration and the other called Nexus Rings.

Could anyone define "Nexus Rings"?

The reason I ask is in the paragraph there is a claim,"All significant celestial objects move along individual nexus rings."

So, what are Nexus Rings and why do objects follow them?

(Please, someone say gravity) ;)

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2014, 06:34:43 PM »
From what I can read the FE theory maintains that the Earth is a giant round disk accelerating upward to cause what the rest of us call gravity.

Why is the Earth round and not some other shape? Is there a way to determine the thickness of the disc or the shape of the bottom?

I'm assuming the pressure underneath is perfectly balanced to prevent the earth from toppling end over end like a flipped coin. If we could all gather all the people at one edge would we be able to tip it over? If not surely we could tilt it just a little bit right?

PS:  I'm asking these questions to understand what FEers believe. I have no interest in changing your minds or mocking the theory in any way.

ausGeoff

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 03:29:02 AM »
From what I can read the FE theory maintains that the Earth is a giant round disk accelerating upward to cause what the rest of us call gravity.

Nope.  It's actually a square plane with four corners as per the Christian bible...

The site should probably be named "The Square Flat Earth Society".

;D

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 05:28:25 AM »
I'm not sure if I understand the South Pole in FE theory. Would I be correct in thinking it is impossible to travel from 90 degrees South, 90 degrees East to 0 degrees South and then to 90 degrees South, 90 degrees West?

If it is possible, how long would it take traveling at 100 miles per hour? How do you come up with the distance between 90 degrees East and 90 degrees West?

If it is impossible, what prevents someone from traveling to and across magnetic South?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »
Of course you can travel from 90 degrees South, 90 degrees East to 0 degrees South and then to 90 degrees South, 90 degrees West.  No body claimed that degrees to work on a flat Earth. 

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2014, 03:12:51 PM »
Since you seem to be a prolific poster here I'd love your thoughts on the other many questions I've asked in this thread as well.

To your latest response...

I know what happens when you travel this route on my map. I cannot figure out where a person goes if they travel on your map.
Do you see the Great Ice Wall and just fly by it?
On my map, the compass' north needle points aft till I cross the South Pole and then it moves forward. What happens on your map?
Most importantly, please, please answer this part. As your responses seem to be very short, this part is important to my understanding of your view point.

How long would it take traveling at 100 miles per hour?