quick faq query

• 10 Replies
quick faq query
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:33:15 AM »
You would enter an inertial reference frame, moving at a constant velocity in the direction the Earth was moving before you jumped. The Earth would continue accelerating upwards past you at a rate of 1g, so it would appear to you that you were falling into space.

why is it that earth is the only thing affected by this acceleration thing.
an vir

quick faq query
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »
by the way, the question was: What would happen if you jumped off the edge of the disc?

or something to that effect.
an vir

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Re: quick faq query
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:09:24 PM »
Quote from: "semperround"
why is it that earth is the only thing affected by this acceleration thing.

It's the only thing we know of that is affected by this "acceleration thing".  Since we don't know the mechanism behind the acceleration, your question is impossible to answer... sorry.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

quick faq query
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »
are you, or anyone conducting experiments to test this hypothesis?
an vir

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
quick faq query
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »

Which hypothesis?  The one about what would happen if you fell off the ice wall into space?

I am not personally testing this hypothesis and I hope for everybody else's sake that they aren't either.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

quick faq query
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »
The Sun and the Moon should also be accelerating, since they stay at a constant distance above a Flat Earth.
 want a Flat-Earther to PM me, and tell me why they believe Samuel Rowbotham in the first place. If a Flat-Earther requires proof in order to believe something, then why do they believe this man, even though he provided no proof himself?

quick faq query
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:36:08 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"

Which hypothesis?  The one about what would happen if you fell off the ice wall into space?

I am not personally testing this hypothesis and I hope for everybody else's sake that they aren't either.

I would chop off my left nut for science. mostly because it's as witherd and dry as a raisin, but that's beside the point. I'm almost determined to go there and see for myself. Problem is it would be expensive as f u c k. And no matter what i say, or the pictures i take they would be labled inconclusive on this site. But dying for science or truth is a very nobel persuite and I encourage all true FE'ers to die for the sake of their beliefs.
an vir

?

GeoGuy

quick faq query
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:48:29 PM »
Quote from: "Kryptid"
The Sun and the Moon should also be accelerating, since they stay at a constant distance above a Flat Earth.

They are.

quick faq query
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 03:01:04 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Quote from: "Kryptid"

They are.

how can you be sure?
isclaimer
The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author. Also the earth is round.

quick faq query
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
The Earth is accelerating up, they stay at a constant velocity, therefore they must also be accelerating at the same rate
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

quick faq query
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 03:02:57 PM »
Have they disappeared in the last few years and never come back?

It takes a shrewd amount of logic to deem that you're trying to insinuate something, Cheech.
RE*
Try not to be -too- much of an idiot. Or I'll rape you verbally.

1 out of 9 members on this forum that can spell properly.