NASA has got Warp Drive

• 31 Replies

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: NASA has got Warp Drive
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »
Ever hear of concept cars? This is like that, but with spaceships. It's a concept design.... With an attention grabbing headline. Cause the Verge does that all the time for clicks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:18:05 PM by rottingroom »

?

tappet

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
Ever hear of concept cars? This is like that, but with spaceships.
So Warp Drive is real?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 06:19:53 PM »
No.

And that is revealed in the first paragraph of the article you posted.

?

tappet

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 06:25:47 PM »
No.

And that is revealed in the first paragraph of the article you posted.
But we must be getting close, they are estimating just over two weeks to get to Alpha Centauri.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:01:18 PM »
So Warp Drive is real?
You couldn't even read your own link? Perhaps you and earthisaspaceship should hook up. You both start dumb threads.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

tappet

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 07:39:48 PM »
So Warp Drive is real?
. You both start dumb threads.
As opposed to the article?

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »
This is funny. You post a link to an article and then expect others to explain you what the article says. Why don't you just read it?
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

?

tappet

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 01:50:31 AM »
This is funny. You post a link to an article and then expect others to explain you what the article says. Why don't you just read it?
The first line of the article says that in 2012 NASA announced it was working to build a warp drive.
To me that sounds like people getting money for bullshit.
You obviously get warp drive.
I don't.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:33 AM »
What has this to do with the shape of the planet?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 03:08:19 AM »
What has this to do with the shape of the planet?
Why don't you go through the rest of the threads on Flat Earth General and make sure they discuss earth shape as well.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
The first line of the article says that in 2012 NASA announced it was working to build a warp drive.
I don't.

It practically means "towards" but is sensationalist in it's own right. Read the article...

I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »
"Working to build" is not the same as "has got".
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

tappet

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 01:28:50 PM »
I don't.

It practically means "towards" but is sensationalist in it's own right. Read the article...

Are they working on "Warp Drive" or not?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
I don't.

Sure, but it is likely in the extremely theoretical stage right now.  From what I have read about warp drive, there is no way to currently satisfy the power requirements for such a drive.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 01:35:36 PM »
I don't.

Jesus! No!

Some scientists are in fact working on theoretical equations. In other words: White board, black marker, lots of math. In order to find possible methods to maybe some day bend space and time on demand, if any.

Learn to read.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:17:30 PM by Moosedrool »
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

?

QuQu

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Yes, they have a warp drive. I just returned from a sunny beach on a planet orbiting around Sirius.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
Yes, NASA is working on warp drive in much the same way that FE'ers are working on a coherent, testable flat earth model.  In other words, don't hold your breath.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
Yes, NASA is working on warp drive in much the same way that FE'ers are working on a coherent, testable flat earth model.  In other words, don't hold your breath.

I'm willing to bet NASA gets the warp drive completed first though.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
Wow. More blantant NASA lies.
Read the FAQS.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »

Sounds like NASA is claiming that they haven't built a warp drive. Are you saying that they are lying about this?

Vauxhall

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »

Sounds like NASA is claiming that they haven't built a warp drive. Are you saying that they are lying about this?

No. They are lying about where the funding is going. Warp drive is science fiction. Currently, it is theoretically impossible to travel at the speed of light or faster. They are using the money to fund more chems and they are also using that money to fund tanks for local sherrifs in preparation for the race wars.
Read the FAQS.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »

No. They are lying about where the funding is going. Warp drive is science fiction. Currently, it is theoretically impossible to travel at the speed of light or faster. They are using the money to fund more chems and they are also using that money to fund tanks for local sherrifs in preparation for the race wars.

Incorrect.  The beautiful thing about warp drive is that there is nothing preventing space from moving FTL.  The warp drive alters spacetime around the ship rather than propelling the ship itself.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Vauxhall

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 12:25:35 AM »
Still sci-fi. Funding for this project should be a criminal offense. They can barely get into space, and suddenly they're funneling money into "warp-drive". Seems like they're skipping a few steps here.

Maybe we should just start funding magic? I'm sure that will be extremely rewarding and not a total waste of tax payer money as well.
Read the FAQS.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 12:56:37 AM »
Maybe we should just start funding magic? I'm sure that will be extremely rewarding and not a total waste of tax payer money as well.

You suggesting funding should go to FET?

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:27 AM »
Isn't your current claim that they already get money for science fiction, anyway? Or can they now actually
get into space
?
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 04:13:24 AM »
A few hundred grand for the very best new ideas that could do them a lot of good but that they haven't come up with themselves? Seems like a bargain, doesn't it?
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 06:37:18 AM »
A few hundred grand for the very best new ideas that could do them a lot of good but that they haven't come up with themselves? Seems like a bargain, doesn't it?
Absolutely. I mean, the more innocent sci-fi writers that submit their work, the more chance those at the top have of putting together some amazing bull shit for the masses to wet themselves over.
You don't think star trek and star wars were so popular for nothing, do you?
They were popular because the fiction writers made it believable, subconsciously, even though consciously people knew it was sci-fi.
 This is why they can get away with this mars rubbish and warp drive nonsense, because star trek and such like has given people a perception of, anything is possible.

Paying someone a few hundred grand for a long term money spinner of fictional clap trap is small coins in a large ocean.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 06:42:36 AM »
It's the thread of incredulity!