RE Sun vs FE Sun Simulations

• 4 Replies
RE Sun vs FE Sun Simulations
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:04:46 PM »
I went ahead and created 3D simulations of both the RE Sun and FE Sun. 

In the RE sun, I have set the camera on the Round Earth and have it spin with the earth facing the sun, we can see the sun rise, follow the sun and then watch the sun set.  The camera then pulls out off the surface of the earth to show how the sunlight effects the surface of the earth.  As you can see the sun rise and set (other then all the prettyness) is what we would expect and see.

Here is the video - " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

I then create the FE model, with the Cylindrical Earth and put the sun 3,000 miles above the earth with a radius of 32 miles.  I have it orbiting around the equator every 10 frames being 1 hour worth of movement.  I set the camera on the surface of North America and you can see in the video the sun grows and shrinks and never sets nor gets near the horizon of earth.  3,000 miles up is quite high, and the angle of the sun from North America's perspective seems to hover in that 10 am - 3 pm-ish ranges.  I then pull the camera out, and you can see how small the sun is in perspective to the earth, and how it partially illuminates all of the earth, along with the hotspot of the sun as it passes over the equator.  (The sun is the only source of light in this simulation.)

Here is the video - " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

ocha

• Just for fun
Re: RE Sun vs FE Sun Simulations
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:53:29 PM »
This is explained by a random Flat Earther invented optical effect (next post will be a flat earther saying "are you saying that refraction doesn't exist"). But I know how refraction works, and it doesn't work like you want it to so your theories are possible.
Aerospace engineering student. I love aircraft and spacecraft.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 05:26:46 AM »
This is explained by a random Flat Earther invented optical effect (next post will be a flat earther saying "are you saying that refraction doesn't exist"). But I know how refraction works, and it doesn't work like you want it to so your theories are possible.

I guess there's no debating what we see as sunrise and sunset is because of the Round Earth model...

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »
No one is going to object to these simulations?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:22:41 AM »
Personally, I like this sun simulator because it's the only one that I've seen online that accurately portrays the sun's movements on a flat earth:
http://astro.unl.edu/naap/motion3/animations/sunmotions.html
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.