Your own eyes

• 130 Replies

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
Re: Your own eyes
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »
How far a photon will travel is based on energy input ,intensity & frequency.

It really isn't, we detect photons from a long way off.

What is it you think happens to photons travelling too far through a vacuum? They get old? They just get bored?
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »
...because there's no limit on how far a photon can travel. Says who?

Every contemporary science text book.  Photons travel 9.55 trillion km per year.
Really. Well you should be able to set a circular of reflecting mirrors. shine a light on to one of the mirrors. then turn the light off & watch the light go round the circular of mirrors all year.  ::)
because there's no limit on how far a photon can travel Bullshit

You're forgetting that even if you could trap light in a system like that, you wouldn't know about it, because the only light you would actually see is what escapes the system and reaches your eye.

Not to mention that there are no perfect mirrors and the light will eventually get scattered and/or absorbed.
There's no limit on how far a photon can travelIs hypothetical mathematical nonsense. How far a photon will travel is based on energy input ,intensity & frequency.

Charles, quel buffon. ::)
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »

Every contemporary science text book.  Photons travel 9.55 trillion km per year.
Really. Well you should be able to set a circular of reflecting mirrors. shine a light on to one of the mirrors. then turn the light off & watch the light go round the circular of mirrors all year.  ::)

You're forgetting that even if you could trap light in a system like that, you wouldn't know about it, because the only light you would actually see is what escapes the system and reaches your eye.

Not to mention that there are no perfect mirrors and the light will eventually get scattered and/or absorbed.
There's no limit on how far a photon can travelIs hypothetical mathematical nonsense. How far a photon will travel is based on energy input ,intensity & frequency.

Well prove the no limit on how far a photon will travel & I'm not interested in hypothetical mathematical nonsense. I'm interested in demonstrated example.   
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »

Well prove the no limit on how far a photon will travel & I'm not interested in hypothetical mathematical nonsense. I'm interested in demonstrated example.

Because a photon does't having any way of losing energy without interacting with another particle. It's conservation of momentum. Unless you can show an example where conservation of momentum or the law of inertia are violated, you have no argument.

If you want to to say it "depends on input energy, intensity and frequency" let's see your evidence for this. Could be difficult, since intensity isn't even a property of a single photon, but I'll leave it in your capable hands.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 08:41:51 PM »

Because a photon does't having any way of losing energy without interacting with another particle. It's conservation of momentum. Unless you can show an example where conservation of momentum or the law of inertia are violated, you have no argument.

If you want to to say it "depends on input energy, intensity and frequency" let's see your evidence for this. Could be difficult, since intensity isn't even a property of a single photon, but I'll leave it in your capable hands.
How does it not interact with anther particle ? vacuum a space entirely devoid of matter. That state  doesn't exist anywhere. So interaction does occur ,reaction to that interaction is dependent on particles a photon is interacting with during its travel & the impedance they have on the photon. 
 The law of inertia are violated ,A MIRROR           
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:43:42 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
How does it not interact with anther particle ? vacuum a space entirely devoid of matter. That state  doesn't exist anywhere. So interaction does occur ,reaction to that interaction is dependent on particles a photon is interacting with during its travel & the impedance they have on the photon. 
 The law of inertia are violated ,A MIRROR           

We're not talking about what happens when a photon does interact with a particle. Of course there's a chance a photon will hit something while travelling through space, although it's very low. My point is there's nothing inherent to a photon to cause it to stop or lose energy.

And what does a mirror have to do with violating the law of inertia?

ausGeoff

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
...I'm not interested in hypothetical mathematical nonsense. I'm interested in demonstrated example.

Uh... that's more than obvious from the ill-educated pseudo-scientific comments you repeatedly post here.  For anybody to claim—apparently with pride—that they're "not interested" in hypothetical mathematics, science or geophysics, shows the closed mind of someone so set in their delusional opinions that they damn themselves to eternal ignorance.

You really need to revise your scientific mindset from that of the Middle Ages perspective Charles, and understand that science has made massive progress in the ensuing 400 years or so.  There's really no point in your interminably posting aggressively anti-science comments on these forums.  Each and every one of your pseudo-scientific posits has been soundly refuted and disparaged.

Here, you're asking for "demonstrated" examples, but when they're presented to you—as they have been here by myself and others—you simply ridicule them and dismiss them out of hand as they don't confirm your preconceived and distorted notion of how the universe works.

And at the same time you ask round earthers to provide images and diagrams to prove their points, you've not once posted even one single photo or diagram in an attempt to prove the veracity of your own claims.

Your weird and wonderful ideas about the sciences defy any sort of 21st-century logic.

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2014, 03:14:46 AM »
I can say confidently, that a photon has never in history been observed decaying, vanishing, getting tired or going home.

I can also say that if photons just eventually vanished after their time limit was up, that would violate the conservation of energy.

Can you say that you have observed a photon dying? Or that you have some internally consistent hypothesis we could test, regarding what happens to their energy when they die?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2014, 03:38:15 AM »
Actually, Tired Light Theory is a real theory.

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2014, 03:46:46 AM »

"Real".

And yeah, I used the word deliberately. Even "tired light" is only a suggested explanation the for observed redshift. It isn't saying that at some point photons get tired and go home.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2014, 03:56:19 AM »
"Real".

And yeah, I used the word deliberately. Even "tired light" is only a suggested explanation the for observed redshift. It isn't saying that at some point photons get tired and go home.

So, you are admitting that you were wrong?

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2014, 04:32:53 AM »
I'm admitting the opposite. You?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
I am admitting that you were wrong. 

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »
So, photons do disappear after some time limit runs out?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
Did you even read the article that I linked you to? 

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »

It's a real theory that has been falsified through observation. Much like phlogiston.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2014, 10:31:12 PM »

It's a real theory that has been falsified through observation. Much like phlogiston.

But, it is still a real theory.  Of course NASA satanists are going to throw numbers and calculations around to try to disgrace this theory, like they do with other theories. 

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »

But, it is still a real theory.  Of course NASA satanists are going to throw numbers and calculations around to try to disgrace this theory, like they do with other theories.

When you "throw numbers and calculations" at a theory and it crumbles, it's not a disgrace, it's just the wrong theory.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »

A falsified theory is not a real theory.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »
The Big Bang Theory was falsified when the numbers did not match up.  So, instead of throwing it out, they invented dark matter and dark energy. 

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »
The Big Bang Theory was falsified when the numbers did not match up.  So, instead of throwing it out, they invented dark matter and dark energy.

Wrong, dark matter exists, they just don't know what it is yet. Observations of gravitational lensing show there is clearly matter in galaxies we can't see.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 11:19:26 PM »

Incorrect, but it is interesting that you freely admit your hypocrisy.   Any theory that does not account for blurry images of distant galaxies is a non-starter.  Some other theory can be proposed, but this one is dead.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »
The big bang theory is dead?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2014, 11:29:18 PM »
The big bang theory is dead?

This is where I say something low content to deal with how terrible that comment was and you pretend to moderate.

I mean seriously now, you are better than this.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2014, 11:36:23 PM »
You could have been one of us.  You just cling onto your RET too much.  I had high hopes for you at one time. 

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »
Maybe a refresher in english is required.

Seriously! A debunked hypothesis? Tired light?

Guys, hounestly! The word theory gets thrown around in today's society way to much. Maybe that's why there exists this miss understanding of scientific research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:54:22 PM by Moosedrool »
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2014, 12:28:59 AM »

Wrong, dark matter exists, they just don't know what it is yet. Observations of gravitational lensing show there is clearly matter in galaxies we can't see.

You cannot prove dark matter exists. You're just taking their word for it. That's a fatal error.
Read the FAQS.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »

You cannot prove dark matter exists. You're just taking their word for it. That's a fatal error.

Trusting that professional physicists know how to do their jobs doesn't seem likely to be fatal. Whether or not I'm just taking them at their word, however, has no bearing on whether their theories are correct.

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2014, 02:35:28 AM »
You could have been one of us. 
I don't think he could ever become that boring.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2014, 07:49:04 AM »
You could have been one of us. 
I don't think he could ever become that boring.

If I and the other FE'ers are so boring, then why do you come here?