A glass dome in the sky? Really?

• 221 Replies
Re: A glass dome in the sky? Really?
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
I appreciate that you try. However, I do hope you are aware that it is quite obvious that objects appear closer to the horizon the further away they get. Nobody has a problem with this. You are incorrect though. As demonstrated, it will NEVER EVER get cut off by land or sea on a flat earth. As it approaches the horizon, it will keep getting closer but it will do so infinitely and at smaller and yes smaller intervals forever proportionally to the distance. As it does this, the sun will also get smaller. Neither of these are observed.

The sun stays nearly the same size and it goes behind the horizon even though it is nearly the same size.
That's not true.  Even it it was, it would never be observed because human eyes cannot see infinitely.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 07:04:52 AM »
Could it be that,, 'Science; is now the new religion that must not be questioned,    this is business as usual.
For crying out loud.  Where do you guys get the idea that science must not be questioned?  That's pretty much the exact opposite of what science is all about.  Science wants you to ask lots of questions about everything, including scary questions that religion doesn't want you asking.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
I appreciate that you try. However, I do hope you are aware that it is quite obvious that objects appear closer to the horizon the further away they get. Nobody has a problem with this. You are incorrect though. As demonstrated, it will NEVER EVER get cut off by land or sea on a flat earth. As it approaches the horizon, it will keep getting closer but it will do so infinitely and at smaller and yes smaller intervals forever proportionally to the distance. As it does this, the sun will also get smaller. Neither of these are observed.

The sun stays nearly the same size and it goes behind the horizon even though it is nearly the same size.
That's not true.  Even it it was, it would never be observed because human eyes cannot see infinitely.

I agree. That isn't the observation that matters though. The one that does is that the horizon actually does block out the sun. Which is not possible on a flat earth. As demonstrated. Will you continue to deny this?

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2014, 07:13:13 AM »
Even it it was, it would never be observed because human eyes cannot see infinitely.
I agree. That isn't the observation that matters though. The one that does is that the horizon actually does block out the sun. Which is not possible on a flat earth. As demonstrated. Will you continue to deny this?
The main reason being that the sun doesn't change size, correct?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2014, 07:14:10 AM »
So do you understand now, that there are TWO distances on the horizon to factor into your math equation?  The distance of the land/sea and the distance of the sun beyond that.  The third would be the altitude of the sun (glass sky it's reflected on).

Do you not understand that the trigonometry used does include the hypotenuse of the triangle in question? Look at the calculator again. All numbers are accounted for.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2014, 07:17:00 AM »
Even it it was, it would never be observed because human eyes cannot see infinitely.
The main reason being that the sun doesn't change size, correct?

The sun not changing size is proof that it is astronomically far away.

The sun not changing into an ellipse is proof that its not a projection onto a dome.

The sun being blocked out by the horizon is proof that the earth is not flat. Because flatness will not allow the sun to be blocked. It could get further away, but NOT blocked.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:59 AM »
So do you understand now, that there are TWO distances on the horizon to factor into your math equation?  The distance of the land/sea and the distance of the sun beyond that.  The third would be the altitude of the sun (glass sky it's reflected on).

Do you not understand that the trigonometry used does include the hypotenuse of the triangle in question? Look at the calculator again. All numbers are accounted for.
No, the hypotenuse is shorter in your equation because you ended it at the horizon distance.  There is INCREASED distance when you factor in the sun BEYOND the horizon.

You don't understand it. Did the diagram even talk about the horizon at all? The point below the sun is simply the size of the flat earth, whatever that may be.

The location of a horizon on a flat earth is simply an apparent terminator. There isn't a distinct location for this. It really doesn't matter where it is. What matters is that if the earth is flat the sun never touches it.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »
Do either of you stop to check if you've actually typed out an argument before you hit the enter key?
Stop panicking and fretting.
Nobody's asking you to respond, just sit back and chill out and enjoy basking in your global Earth bull shit.

Absolutely incapable of posting an actual argument. I wonder if you even understand what I'm getting at.
Of course I don't understand what you're getting at. It's all made up gibberish. It's not meant to be understood, it's just meant to be memorised and regurgitated which many of you lot do quite well at.
One day you might engage your brain. I doubt it but it is possible.
How does your computer and the internet work, all gibberish?
The computer is real. It's made up of components put together by clever people. The real scientists and engineers of this world.
I don't have any issues with stuff like that. Just the bull shit artists.

That's too bad because once you accept modern computer technology you run in to the conflict of it being based on the science you reject. Awkward...
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
You don't understand it. Did the diagram even talk about the horizon at all? The point below the sun is simply the size of the flat earth, whatever that may be.

The location of a horizon on a flat earth is simply an apparent terminator. There isn't a distinct location for this. It really doesn't matter where it is. What matters is that if the earth is flat the sun never touches it.
So then no math equation is going to prove one way or the other if the horizon is only apparent.  This debate is futile.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2014, 07:40:43 AM »

So then no math equation is going to prove one way or the other if the horizon is only apparent.  This debate is futile.

No, it isn't. Why would a horizon be relevant in an equation about a sun that never even touches it? What we do know is the angle. That is the number we are solving for. It can't touch the horizon unless that angle is zero or less.

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2014, 08:13:57 AM »

You're right, I looked at the circumference thinking it was the horizon.  I will continue this topic on that thread.

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
Do either of you stop to check if you've actually typed out an argument before you hit the enter key?
Stop panicking and fretting.
Nobody's asking you to respond, just sit back and chill out and enjoy basking in your global Earth bull shit.

Absolutely incapable of posting an actual argument. I wonder if you even understand what I'm getting at.
Of course I don't understand what you're getting at. It's all made up gibberish. It's not meant to be understood, it's just meant to be memorised and regurgitated which many of you lot do quite well at.
One day you might engage your brain. I doubt it but it is possible.

I'm actually not referring to arguments about the earth being round or flat here. When I said, "I wonder if you even understand what I'm getting at", I was talking about whether or not you understand what an argument is. I hope you understand now. Please post something relevant. The best way for you to prove we are wrong is to prove it. In order to prove it you need to demonstrate it.

You never do that though, you just constantly go on about indoctrination and tell stories about what you think reality is without ever attempting to demonstrate it.

For the record, my demonstration about how a sun cannot set on a flat earth was not memorized or regurgitated. It was demonstrated and it came from me, not a textbook. That is how you demonstrate something.
You've demonstrated nothing factual. Nobody really has, because none of us really know the true Earth in its entirety.

You merely saying you do this and that whilst I supposedly don't is neither here nor there to me. You're nothing special, you're just an angry little punter having a 10 minute spell every now and again.

Amongst the gluttony of other wacky ideas you have, you're wrong to claim that "You've demonstrated nothing factual. Nobody really has, because none of us really know the true Earth in its entirety." There IS someone who knows the true Earth in its entirety: YOU! You've said at least twice now (that I'm aware of; I'm 'certain' it's happened many more times) where you are "certain" of the 'truth' of your claims.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2014, 02:49:00 AM »
Amongst the gluttony of other wacky ideas you have, you're wrong to claim that "You've demonstrated nothing factual. Nobody really has, because none of us really know the true Earth in its entirety." There IS someone who knows the true Earth in its entirety: YOU! You've said at least twice now (that I'm aware of; I'm 'certain' it's happened many more times) where you are "certain" of the 'truth' of your claims.
Are you people CERTAIN that your Earth is a rotating globe and space is what they tell you? I think your answer would be, "yes we are certain." You will say that without actually knowing, except the indoctrinators told you how it all is, so it is; of that you are certain.

If it's good for the Goose, it's good for the Gander.

I'm 100% certain of the dome. I'm 100% certain space does not exist how we are told. I'm 100% certain that all life on Earth and all the things we see and feel, including sun/moon, etc, are all inside the dome.
We are sealed in. We do not walk about on a silly spinning ball with hot suns and balls of rocks floating around us.
I expect ignorant people to believe this. People that are ignorant of the truth because of the feeding of lies and not having the common sense to bother to see it all for the nonsense it really is.

I would expect anyone who has studied it, to actually clearly see it for the nonsense that it is, yet very few are awake to it and most refuse to question what their masters have put into their brains.

?

Goth

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2014, 05:01:16 AM »
Could it be, that it's all about light ,, no light, no space,, (no space no time,)
think about true darkness,,

Imo it is light that creates this 3D' realm,,

We can't see light, we can only see the effects of it,, from bright to darkness' both aspects of light, as heat and coldness,,

Could it be that nobody knows' what's outer space,, or to say it better' outside our space,,, the big bang was to create the dome,,,,(our dome) ..

Could it be that we are the' center of our' universe,,,
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:26:11 AM by Goth »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2014, 05:30:06 AM »
Could it be, that it's all about light ,, no light, no space,, (no space no time,)

could it be that nobody knows' what's outer space,, or outside our space,,, the big bang was to create the (our) dome,,,,
Well, we are our own universe. We are cocooned and see what we see from the light reflected over and around the dome which has to reflect back from the dome itself because it cannot enter through the dome into nothing, or like you mention...true darkness.

A medium is always needed to light otherwise it cannot exist as light at all.
That's why the speed of light is absolute nonsense. It's the speed of sound because it's sound that creates light due to friction. No friction, no sound. No sound and no light.
The speed of light from sound is dependent on the energy applied and how frequent.

?

Goth

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 05:38:02 AM »
So to see a space you need light, so could it be that light creates space...and if you have space than there is time,,, I'm just googleing the brain,,,,

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 05:41:56 AM »
So to see a space you need light, so could it be that light creates space...and if you have space than there is time,,, I'm just googleing the brain,,,,
Yes, that's a good way of looking at it.

?

Goth

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:19 AM »

so you cant have space without a light to see it,,, a blind man can't experience space,,,

I really appreciated the information you gave me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 06:34:49 AM »

so you cant have space without a light to see it,,, a blind man can't experience space,,,

Basically you can't have space without a medium for light to reflect in. The space we are in is full of reflective properties, which is all the space we will see.

The so called outer space past the dome is nothing. We are simply a cell in suspended animation and our dome reflects everything off it.

It's like sitting in your room at night...no street lamps or anything and you have your lights turned on all bright inside. You can look out of that window and all you will see is what you are in...your own room, reflected back at you.
The outside cannot be seen. You know you can go outside...you know it's there, because you know it's full of matter.

Imagine if it wasn't full of matter. It was simple just true darkness or a true vacuum.
You still see your light reflected off your room window but you can't go out side of it, because your body requires the pressure you live under to operate. If you tried to step outside, your body would have to take the form of equal pressure...which means it would have to equalise with the pressure outside, which is zero...so you expand into zero as your cells open up to try to fill the void.

If that was equated to going up to the dome in a rocket, you would get so far and your rocket would have nothing left to give, because its fuel would simply expand to equalise , just like you would.

Nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

At this time, someone could be chatting just like us on an Earth somewhere in suspended animation just like we are. Maybe not exactly but possibly similar.
There could be trillions of Earth's were people are doing similar things. The problem is, we can only think this because we will never see it due to the perfect void/vacuum which will not allow light to travel.

Nothing can freely move in this vacuum but it can grow and shrink against it.
Maybe it's possible for Earth's to expand into each other like cells, I don't really know.

What I do know, is, we are being lied to and this Earth is not a free spinning ball around a ball of fire in space that has scattered particles. It's so nonsensical, it actually sickens me to think people believe this...as in...it sickens me that intelligent people who study it, actually subscribe to it and somehow are mesmerised into idolising their higher peers.

Logic isn't encouraged. Bull shit is; as long as it's official bull shit.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 08:25:13 AM »
Wow. What an exchange. All that evidence. All those diagrams and all that logic. /s

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2014, 08:29:05 AM »
Wow. What an exchange. All that evidence. All those diagrams and all that logic. /s
Yep, they all help those who can observe reality. Try it sometime.

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2014, 09:37:30 AM »
Wow. What an exchange.
It must have felt like this in Ancient Greece as the great thinkers of the day took part in Socratic Dialogue.

The raw intellectual power of those two almost crackles off my screen.  It is thrilling to watch all of human knowledge being re-written in front of  my eyes. 

Truly we are in the presence of gods.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Goth

« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2014, 05:06:39 AM »
Could it be that Ancient Greece' isn't that ancient, could it be that your history is a fake one,,,

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »
We've come a long way in just a few hundred years. Does any rational person believe that we shoot into technology only in the past 100 years and yet there were all those absolute experts of planerty observations and what not from 500-ad and onwards just shooting out genius after genius.
I mean, does it seem possible that we just came out of the basic ages only 100 years ago?

We are being told a pack of lies, one way or the other.

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »
That, or you are a total fuckwit.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »
We've come a long way in just a few hundred years. Does any rational person believe that we shoot into technology only in the past 100 years and yet there were all those absolute experts of planerty observations and what not from 500-ad and onwards just shooting out genius after genius.
I mean, does it seem possible that we just came out of the basic ages only 100 years ago?

One way it the other, you have no idea what you are taking about; particularly with the history of astronomy in the 20th century.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »
That, or you are a total fuckwit.

Jimmy, stop the personal attacks.  Consider this a warning. 

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
Are you people CERTAIN that your Earth is a rotating globe and space is what they tell you? I think your answer would be, "yes we are certain." You will say that without actually knowing, except the indoctrinators told you how it all is, so it is; of that you are certain.

If it's good for the Goose, it's good for the Gander.

I'm 100% certain of the dome. I'm 100% certain space does not exist how we are told. I'm 100% certain that all life on Earth and all the things we see and feel, including sun/moon, etc, are all inside the dome.
We are sealed in. We do not walk about on a silly spinning ball with hot suns and balls of rocks floating around us.
I expect ignorant people to believe this. People that are ignorant of the truth because of the feeding of lies and not having the common sense to bother to see it all for the nonsense it really is.

I would expect anyone who has studied it, to actually clearly see it for the nonsense that it is, yet very few are awake to it and most refuse to question what their masters have put into their brains.

You're 100% certain of those things, huh?  ::) Right.

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2014, 11:06:46 PM »

could it be that nobody knows' what's outer space,, or outside our space,,, the big bang was to create the (our) dome,,,,
Well, we are our own universe. We are cocooned and see what we see from the light reflected over and around the dome which has to reflect back from the dome itself because it cannot enter through the dome into nothing, or like you mention...true darkness.

A medium is always needed to light otherwise it cannot exist as light at all.
That's why the speed of light is absolute nonsense. It's the speed of sound because it's sound that creates light due to friction. No friction, no sound. No sound and no light.
The speed of light from sound is dependent on the energy applied and how frequent.

Your claims are evolving from insane to bat-shit crazy. How do you know all this about light being sound and so on? It sounds to me like the uber troll is trolling again.

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »

Stop feeding the troll. He's already full.