Einstein's Thought Experiments

• 26 Replies

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
Einstein's Thought Experiments
« on: June 06, 2014, 12:10:25 PM »
Based on this comment, I was wondering if a FEer could tell me specifically which of Einstein's thought experiments are based on a FE?

Thanks.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Einstein's Thought Experiments
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »
Pretty much all of them.  Einstein always seemed to come up with stuff that makes you think that the Earth could be flat.  It seems that he could not flat out come out and say it, but if you read his quotes, he was obviously a flat Earther. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
Pretty much all of them.  Einstein always seemed to come up with stuff that makes you think that the Earth could be flat.  It seems that he could not flat out come out and say it, but if you read his quotes, he was obviously a flat Earther.

Could you please answer the question asked.  I would like specific examples.  A bit of rationale would be appreciated as well.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
Einstein aether theory

Rama, google is your friend. I don't want to have to tell you to google something again, especially when your entire thread is based around not googling.

You are extremely frustrating to deal with, Rama Set.
Read the FAQS.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
Einstein aether theory
Einstein

Rama, google is your friend. I don't want to have to tell you to google something again, especially when your entire thread is based around not googling.

What does this have to do with a FE?  Specifically, this theory effects the behavior of the graviton, something that is often prohibited in FE hypotheses.

In regards to your complaint, I did google Einstein and Flat Earth and this site came up.  I am working under the assumption that most of these FE thought experiments are specific interpretations unique to the FES.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:48:53 PM by Rama Set »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »

What does this have to do with a FE?  Specifically, this theory effects the behavior of the graviton, something that is often prohibited in FE hypotheses.

In regards to your complaint, I did google Einstein and Flat Earth and this site came up.  I am working under the assumption that most of these FE thought experiments are specific interpretations unique to the FES.

What?  I think you interneted wrong. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:31:58 PM by jroa »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
Einstein aether theory
Einstein

What?  I think you interneted wrong.

Good talk.  Anything to offer in regards to the thread?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:48:23 PM by Rama Set »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 01:24:29 PM »
You are such a disappoint, Rama Set. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »
So Vauxhall and Jroa don't have much to offer. Anyone else?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »
I'm not surprised that Vauxhall and jroa did not notice that this "Einstein aether theory" wasn't proposed by Einstein. It's a combination of general relativity plus aether, hence the name. It's also referred to as just "aether theory". I also noticed "aetheric winds" were conspicuously absent from the article.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

?

QuQu

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 03:52:35 AM »
Don't forget that the word "aether" nowadays has no definitive meaning as it was 100+ years ago. You can call aether the Minkovski space, or the vacuum energy, or any other field that "fills" the space.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 06:52:50 AM »
The most damning thought experiment that leads directly to the revelation that the Earth is Flat is the equivalence principle. http://theflatearthsociety.net/relativity.html

This is to mention nothing of his Zionist leanings.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 07:19:01 AM »
The most damning thought experiment that leads directly to the revelation that the Earth is Flat is the equivalence principle. http://theflatearthsociety.net/relativity.html

I'm afraid that the equivalence principle, while reminiscent of what one might think is happening on a flat earth, is actually more hindering your cause than anything else. The equivalence principle is calls for the platform to have a homogenous acceleration for the entire platform. Gravitation has an explanation for this. The explanation did not need to come out of thin air for necessity's sake either. It was always expected. The fact that gravitation on earth is not homogenous poses problems for FET that make it so you have to invoke theories about celestial gears and aetheric whirlpools. Both of which are ridiculous.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 12:00:49 PM »
Don't forget that the word "aether" nowadays has no definitive meaning as it was 100+ years ago. You can call aether the Minkovski space, or the vacuum energy, or any other field that "fills" the space.

Which was Einstein's use of the word.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »
I would like to renew the call for an example of Einstein's work that uses or supports a FE. So far all that has been cited is some vague talk of Aether, which does not support any earth shape and a misinterpretation of the equivalence principle, which although shoe-horned in to justifying UA does not show that Einstein was supporting a FE or using it in his thought experiments.

I would be interested into seeing what else is out there.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »
Its clearly not a misuse of the Equivalence principle. Its just a use you aren't familiar with.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
Its clearly not a misuse of the Equivalence principle. Its just a use you aren't familiar with.

It clearly is. The equivalence principle has an elevator with UNIFORM acceleration. Since the earth doesn't have uniform acceleration or gravitation. Its misused. It also conveniently shows that UA is false.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »

It clearly is. The equivalence principle has an elevator with UNIFORM acceleration. Since the earth doesn't have uniform acceleration or gravitation. Its misused. It also conveniently shows that UA is false.

This is incorrect.  Although the Earth does not have a perfectly uniform "Gravitational" field, it has easily been explained many times.  This does not disprove UA, nor does it prove that gravity exists.  Please try again. 

ocha

• Just for fun
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »

This is incorrect.  Although the Earth does not have a perfectly uniform "Gravitational" field, it has easily been explained many times.  This does not disprove UA, nor does it prove that gravity exists.  Please try again. 
So how do you explain differences in measured gravity if the acceleration is uniform???
Aerospace engineering student. I love aircraft and spacecraft.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 05:03:19 PM »

So how do you explain differences in measured gravity if the acceleration is uniform???

My theory is that the force of the Universal Acceleration penetrates the Earth, but due to the composition of the Earth's crust, it does not penetrate it evenly. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 05:26:13 PM »
So you don't have an explanation, just a contender for one without anything to support it or a model which can make accurate predictions?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »

Your explanations don't satisfy me. Re explanations involving centripetal and centrifugal forces are satisfying. They are concepts that we know exists with spinning balls. Your explanations are things that must be added to account for problems. Presented without evidence. Baseless and useless.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »

Your explanations don't satisfy me. Re explanations involving centripetal and centrifugal forces are satisfying. They are concepts that we know exists with spinning balls. Your explanations are things that must be added to account for problems. Presented without evidence. Baseless and useless.

I can assure you that your satisfaction is not my top concern. 

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
Okay... They don't satisfy anyone.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »

We are talking of an infinite set of theoretic non-accelerating satellites orbiting the earth, not the Earth. To be more to the point, we are talking about the general case of this instance - non-accelerating satellites orbiting an object.

If it says anything about UA, it gives it a possible mechanic.

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »

His zionist leanings?  Would you care to elaborate on that?
The video demonstrates that we can not fully trust our senses.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »

His zionist leanings?  Would you care to elaborate on that?

His zionist leanings have nothing to do with science.  They were political views he espoused for a time, that is all.