GPS

• 14 Replies
GPS
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:06:39 PM »
would gps not work if the earth is flat? i am an avid user of gps in my truck and my boat, and it works....
isclaimer
The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author. Also the earth is round.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Re: GPS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »
Quote from: "Cheech6"
would gps not work if the earth is flat? i am an avid user of gps in my truck and my boat, and it works....

A very simple coordinate transformation is all that is needed to make you believe that your FE-GPS is really RE-GPS.  Yes, it can still work.  In fact, it's easier, because you never run into horizon issues.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

GPS
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 09:15:30 PM »
your wrong. gps needs satelites. First of all i dont see air balloons in the sky so it must be satelittes. Also it cant be towers. sprint doesnt get service in India when you use your phone there. Maybe becuase towers dont go that far. Explain how one phone company can have their phones work all around the world (satellite phones) when all other companies cant. Dont tell me its the siganl becuase those companies engineers would know that and just change the type of signal. you can explain satellite technology.
s the earth really flat?
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe go fcuk yourself.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
GPS
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 09:20:39 PM »
Quote from: "gogeta2478"
Explain how one phone company can have their phones work all around the world (satellite phones) when all other companies cant.

The whole point of GPS is to determine where a person is on the surface of the Earth, right?  Well, if that person is in a place where on the RE a certain service ought not to work, the transceivers on the towers merely don't respond to the signal, thus maintaining the illusion that the transceiver is "below the horizon."

GPS
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:11:54 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Quote from: "gogeta2478"
Explain how one phone company can have their phones work all around the world (satellite phones) when all other companies cant.

The whole point of GPS is to determine where a person is on the surface of the Earth, right?  Well, if that person is in a place where on the RE a certain service ought not to work, the transceivers on the towers merely don't respond to the signal, thus maintaining the illusion that the transceiver is "below the horizon."

That's not very logical. Instead of doing this and loosing customers, why not just claim they were using a satellite and offer service everywhere?  I don't see what a company would have to gain by pretending they can't offer their services when they could.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
GPS
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"
That's not very logical. Instead of doing this and loosing customers, why not just claim they were using a satellite and offer service everywhere?  I don't see what a company would have to gain by pretending they can't offer their services when they could.

Probably it's not the company that owns and operates the "satellite".  They don't get to make decisions like that.

GPS
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Probably it's not the company that owns and operates the satellite.  They don't get to make decisions like that.

so your saying there is satellites....

definition A satellite is any object that orbits another object,

how could a sat orbit earth if it is flat?
isclaimer
The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author. Also the earth is round.

GPS
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:46:30 PM »
yeah  :evil:
an vir

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
GPS
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 03:50:16 PM »

How can the sun orbit the Earth if it is flat?

GPS
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 04:30:48 PM »
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"

How can the sun orbit the Earth if it is flat?

it cant, because the earth is round.
isclaimer

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
GPS
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

Wow, nice going with the editing my post in your quote.  I hope your RE buddies are more honourable than you.

GPS
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »

Wow, nice going with the editing my post in your quote.  I hope your RE buddies are more honourable than you.

hehe :D all come one, how am i going to win this winless debate with out cheating? :D
isclaimer

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
GPS
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 04:51:32 PM »
hehe :D all come one, how am i going to win this winless debate with out cheating? :D

Congratulations: the first step towards recovery is admitting that you can't win :)

GPS
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 04:54:29 PM »

Congratulations: the first step towards recovery is admitting that you can't win :)

lol, nether of us could win short of one of us building a rocket that can hold the whole world at the same time to show that the earth is round.
isclaimer

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
GPS
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 11:54:18 PM »
lol, nether of us could win short of one of us building a rocket that can hold the whole world at the same time to show that the earth is round.

I can still win if my goals are other than convincing you that the world is flat, an as-yet unjustified assumption on your part :)