? agian

• 33 Replies
?

guv

? agian
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:47:15 AM »
    Why is winter colder in the northern hemisphere than down here. I know U guys are upside down.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: ? agian
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:56:45 AM »
Because some countries are closer to the centre of the circle than others.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 03:58:17 AM »
Because some countries are closer to the centre of the circle than others.
If the earth were a circle then all the measured distances would be wrong.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:08:06 AM »
Because there is more land in the northern hemiplane.  This causes the winter to be a little cooler, in the northern hemiplane and summer a little warmer.

What cause it in the RE model? 

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 04:12:14 AM »
Because there is more land in the northern hemiplane.  This causes the winter to be a little cooler, in the northern hemiplane and summer a little warmer.

What cause it in the RE model?
Please explain land areas.  RE explanation easily found online.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 04:19:03 AM »
You seriously want me to explain what land area is?  Why don't you go to a maths forum for geometry questions and not derail threads here. 

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »
You seriously want me to explain what land area is?  Why don't you go to a maths forum for geometry questions and not derail threads here.
Please give details of the land areas in an fe model in each hemisphere.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 04:53:36 AM »
Please start your own thread and stop purposely derailing threads. 

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 04:59:48 AM »
Please start your own thread and stop purposely derailing threads.
You stated the land area was greater, how do you know?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 05:09:02 AM »
Why would it not be?  I don't think this has ever been disputed here or anywhere else. 

?

guv

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 05:56:45 AM »
 You are all upside down. The earth goes around the sun in a egg shaped orbit. 91m miles on one side 93m on the other. you poor buggers got the long shot.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:53 AM »
Are you saying that is why the north has a colder winter?  Because we are farther away from the sun?

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 06:16:34 AM »
It's not distance.

The equator receives the highest intensity of sunlight. The suns rays are much more focused towards the center of the globe. Travel either south or north of the equator and the sunlight becomes more spread out.......and receives less heat.

Kinda like how standing directly under a lightbulb you receive more direct light than if you were to walk away from it.

Simple.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 06:35:52 AM »
It's not distance.

The equator receives the highest intensity of sunlight. The suns rays are much more focused towards the center of the globe. Travel either south or north of the equator and the sunlight becomes more spread out.......and receives less heat.

Kinda like how standing directly under a lightbulb you receive more direct light than if you were to walk away from it.

Simple.

Yes, that is were the seasons come from.  But does not address the OP.  The question asked is why the northern winter is colder than the southern hemiplane.  I provided a perfectly valid answer: because there is more land in the northern hemiplane. 

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 06:42:51 AM »
It's actually due to the tilt of the earth on it's axis. In winter, the northern part of the globe is tilted away from the sun, receiving less direct sunlight than the south which, obviously, tilts towards the sun....receiving more direct sunlight by comparison.

But carry on with your hemiplane ideas. Don't let reality stop you.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 06:57:43 AM »
You are confused.  The question is why the north winter is colder than the south winter.  This has nothing to do with tilt, unlike the seasons themselves.  The question is not why is it hot in the south and cold in the north at the same time.  The tilt causes winter, but does not cause one winter to be hotter or colder than the other's.  You do understand that the northern winter does not happen at the same time as the southern winter, right, yet they both have winters?  Does that make sense for you? 

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »
You keep using this word hemiplane, but wouldn't the northern bit of the flat earth only be a quarter of its area? Or are we going to condense the lower latitudes and stretch Australia out even more until it looks more like Japan?

As for the differences in the north and south winters, is this what you're talking about? This came up in another thread and the upshot is that seasons are driven almost entirely by tilt, the effect of distance of distance to the sun is only around 1%.

As for why the northern winters are colder than the southern, I don't think they are. Afaik, they're 1% milder than they would otherwise be due  to earth being near aphelion. Is there a link around to a reference for this? It's not a familiar claim to me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:36:35 AM by Goddamnit, Clown »
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 07:37:56 AM »
I use the word hemiplane because, for a long time, people have divided the Earth into two halves based on the equator.  As far as your second question, no.  This is what I am talking about. 

The yearly average temperature of the Northern Hemisphere is approximately 15.2C, while that of the Southern Hemisphere is 13.3C. The presence of the water reduces the annual average temperature.   The land reduces the winter average temperature while increasing the average temperature during summer.   As a result, the annual amplitude of the seasonal temperature is nearly twice as great for the Northern Hemisphere. The Northern Hemisphere has a large variation in the monthly mean temperature.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 07:43:42 AM »
Why would it not be?  I don't think this has ever been disputed here or anywhere else.
In a fe model what are the numbers?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 07:54:39 AM »
Would you please stop derailing threads.  Last warning.  I am serious. 

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »
Oh cool, thanks for the link. I'd not heard that before.

So the answer for the OP is pretty boring, it's that there's a greater temperature variation over land than over water, so the northern hemi-place has all the land, and so also has all the temperature variation.

Right?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 08:22:17 AM »
Oh cool, thanks for the link. I'd not heard that before.

So the answer for the OP is pretty boring, it's that there's a greater temperature variation over land than over water, so the northern hemi-place has all the land, and so also has all the temperature variation.

Right?

In an over simplified way, yes.  Land can get very cold.  Water, tends to not drop below 0C.  The water keeps the southern hemiplane slightly warmer in the winter.  This is the basics of it, and answers the OP's question.  If you disagree, then please share your reasons. 

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
Not at all, I was just saying that the north/south distribution of land is the cause and is the same in RE and FE models. It's an interesting quirk of meteorology but I can't see that it's specific to a round or flat earth.

I mean, it's real so, in that sense it's specific to a round earth of course ;)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »
If the Earth is flat, then it would make sense for there to be me a denser cluster of land mass in the northern hemiplane.  There is simply less space for the land to occupy. 

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
I use the word hemiplane because, for a long time, people have divided the Earth into two halves based on the equator.  As far as your second question, no.  This is what I am talking about. 

What do you mean "in half"? Your southern "hemiplane" would have triple the area of the northern.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
I mean "half" in the sense of distance, not area. 

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 06:13:10 PM »
Which is odd in itself, as the southern regions of the earth have basically the same area as the northern ones according to every measurement ever made and every journey ever taken. Which is just weird.

Ah well, another unsolvable mystery for which we will all just have to invent whatever solution best fits our views.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »
Those measurements must have been taken by people who already had their minds made up that the Earth is round.  Pre prejudice can taint the results of any measurement. 

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »
Weird that it continues to taint the perception of how long it takes to ship things across the oceans. I'd have thought companies would keep some kind of objective track of that, rather than just going by gut feelings. Funny old world though, so who knows?

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 02:35:42 AM »
Those measurements must have been taken by people who already had their minds made up that the Earth is round.  Pre prejudice can taint the results of any measurement.
Does this somehow affect all the computer systems that now measure such things?  What you are describing seems more akin to a sorcerer's spell than boring old confirmation bias.

Perhaps one day the FES will kill the mighty mage who cast this illusion across our planet.  I await the day you do this and the scales drop from humanity's eyes.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.