big guns

• 40 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: big guns
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »
Like I said........you're too ignorant to understand why you're wrong.

I'd point it out but that would spoil the fun of watching you do this with such misguided confidence.
No need to point anything out. I've seen the efforts you lot put in. It's diabolical and actually laughable, seriously.
Hanging onto the coat tails of mainstream science to regurgitate what is programmed into your heads by using roundabouts, etc, plus pendulums on flat surfaces, is jaw droppingly silly to even dare attempt to use it to prove a 1038 mph fictional rotating ball,  in a vacuum and then in another breath, tell us all that planes fly into it, against it, with it, with no effect and yet a shell or bullet somehow becomes affected.

You people need to make up your mind by waking up and smelling the coffee.
It makes no sense and you can slap a 10 million page book down on the table telling me why it does...and all it will be, is wasted paper and cardboard which some tree had to die for.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2014, 06:31:14 AM »
One question though....

Is the high and low pressure in your ridiculous, imaginary dome world a constant force or does the pressure fluctuate?
It fluctuates.

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2014, 06:33:32 AM »
Yeah yeah.......brainwashed.......only can memorize what we're told and read in books.

Spinning globe.........absurd. Flat disc cover by dome.......genius.

Might be time for new material. Do you keep these responses on a note pad for a quick copy and paste?
tell us all that planes fly into it, against it, with it, with no effect and yet a shell or bullet somehow becomes affected.

Who has ever said planes aren't affected by it?
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2014, 06:35:46 AM »
It fluctuates.

Okay.

So how then can we accurately predict an object's movement due to the coriolis effect without knowing about this pressure and only using the knowledge of the effect?

Because you can predict the movement if you know the weight and size of the object and the distance it needs to travel and so forth.

If it were caused by fluctuating pressure.........I'd venture to say it wouldn't be so easy.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 07:12:27 AM »
It fluctuates.

Okay.

So how then can we accurately predict an object's movement due to the coriolis effect without knowing about this pressure and only using the knowledge of the effect?

Because you can predict the movement if you know the weight and size of the object and the distance it needs to travel and so forth.

If it were caused by fluctuating pressure.........I'd venture to say it wouldn't be so easy.
Just simple elevation, wind speed, weight of projectile and charge, plus distance to target. Calculate all them and set your scope.
A zero in to give you a point of reference with a test fire, will gain you the required accuracy.

The coriolis effect is simply wind speed/direction. Or in bullshit talk, it's the rotating Earth.  ::)

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 07:21:14 AM »
It fluctuates.

Okay.

Just simple elevation, wind speed, weight of projectile and charge, plus distance to target. Calculate all them and set your scope.
A zero in to give you a point of reference with a test fire, will gain you the required accuracy.

The coriolis effect is simply wind speed/direction. Or in bullshit talk, it's the rotating Earth.  ::)

There still hasn't been a FE answer for the difference in impact points when facing east then west when firing a gun over 1000 yards.

Facing east, the POI is higher, facing west the POI is lower. How can flat earth explain this?

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 07:43:19 AM »
By moving the conversation to something else, of course. Then once you're on safer ground, get fixated on some bit of minutiae until everyone gives up.

Flat Earth Science!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:45:08 AM by Goddamnit, Clown »
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

ausGeoff

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2014, 02:28:00 AM »

This oversimplification of calculating artillery trajectories proves that you're unaware of how those calculations are made in the real world.  And what do you mean exactly by "set your scope"?  Have you not heard of "indirect fire" where the target is unseen from the gun?  Mobile artillery comprises an inertial navigation system, global positioning and an onboard laying computer.  There's not some guy peering through a set of cross-hairs LOL.

Your idea of a "test fire" hasn't been used for 100 years.

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2014, 02:40:16 AM »
By moving the conversation to something else, of course. Then once you're on safer ground, get fixated on some bit of minutiae until everyone gives up.
When scepti turns up you know the thread will turn to shit.

I really wish people would stop trying to "debate" with him.  Stop paying him attention and he'll fuck off somewhere else.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

QuQu

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2014, 03:52:47 AM »

I really wish people would stop trying to "debate" with him.  Stop paying him attention and he'll fuck off somewhere else.

He will not, this forum is his only home. The poor cretin is chased away from everywhere.

Concerning coriolis effect and snipers/guns, such threads appear from time to time and go to oblivion - as expected when the flat brains can't explain it.

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »

He will not, this forum is his only home. The poor cretin is chased away from everywhere.

I'm sure he can use an alt on some forum he is banned from.

Concerning coriolis effect and snipers/guns, such threads appear from time to time and go to oblivion - as expected when the flat brains can't explain it.
Such is the nature of flat earthism.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.