Foucault pendulums

• 826 Replies
?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
Re: Foucault pendulums
« Reply #810 on: July 25, 2014, 12:54:16 PM »
Bullies can intimidate people enough that they're afraid to stand up for themselves, unfortunately. This probably works for Charles in real life so he thinks it can work here too.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

ausGeoff

« Reply #811 on: July 25, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »
Bullies can intimidate people enough that they're afraid to stand up for themselves, unfortunately. This probably works for Charles in real life so he thinks it can work here too.

I'm guessing that—as we haven't had the misfortune of seeing him here for a while now—that Charles's constant stream of personal insults, off-topic posts, and crude language has finally earned him time on the bench.

It was very tiresome arguing from a solely technical stance with someone like Charles, who doggedly refuses to accept—literally—that any of the conventional or proven scientific theories are correct.  I don't think he fully grasped many (any?) of the mechanical specifics regarding the Foucault pendulum, nor did he investigate any of the evidence we cited.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #812 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:35 PM »

I'm guessing that—as we haven't had the misfortune of seeing him here for a while now—that Charles's constant stream of personal insults, off-topic posts, and crude language has finally earned him time on the bench.

It was very tiresome arguing from a solely technical stance with someone like Charles, who doggedly refuses to accept—literally—that any of the conventional or proven scientific theories are correct.  I don't think he fully grasped many (any?) of the mechanical specifics regarding the Foucault pendulum, nor did he investigate any of the evidence we cited.

Also, he's a complete wanker.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

?

guv

« Reply #813 on: July 25, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »
Too blooming right.

« Reply #814 on: July 29, 2014, 05:05:32 AM »
Well I loved your speech on Bullies & Insults. Uses all need to take a good hard  look in the mirror ::) What part of the torque at the pivot point is audible & recordable ,have you not understood? Torque at the pivot point exists. Which throws a spanner in the works in regards to your world spinning Bullshit Foucault pendulum claim.         
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:07:55 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #815 on: July 29, 2014, 05:47:44 AM »
And you still fail, time after time, to show us how the torque works according to what you say. A step-by-step description, a diagram or even a simple video shot with a cellphone would probably be enough. And another point: why does this "torque" vary only on the location on Earth, not really on the dimensions, weight etc. of the pendulum? REs have provided a simple and plausible explanation for this. What is yours?

« Reply #816 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
Well I loved your speech on Bullies & Insults. Uses all need to take a good hard  look in the mirror ::) What part of the torque at the pivot point is audible & recordable ,have you not understood? Torque at the pivot point exists. Which throws a spanner in the works in regards to your world spinning Bullshit Foucault pendulum claim.         

No it doesn't. Saying it over and over doesn't make it true, kiddo.

ausGeoff

« Reply #817 on: July 30, 2014, 10:49:02 AM »
Uses all need to take a good hard  look in the mirror
Uses?  Is that even English?  Maybe Charles is a Klingon?

What part of the torque at the pivot point is audible & recordable, have you not understood?
Newton would be pleased.  Nowadays you can apparently hear the sound of torque (is that a pun?) and even record it.  The marvels of modern science never cease to amaze me!  And confound Charles at the same time.  Bizarre.

?

guv

« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »
This is all torque.

ausGeoff

« Reply #819 on: July 31, 2014, 09:37:07 PM »
This is all torque.

And no action..... from Charles.

?

guv

« Reply #820 on: August 01, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »
And I thought torque made things spin. 41 pages of spin.

?

guv

« Reply #821 on: November 26, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
Remember this. Charlie at his blooming best.

?

QuQu

« Reply #822 on: November 27, 2014, 12:05:16 AM »
No internet in the lunatic asylum. But he will be released soon.

ausGeoff

« Reply #823 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »

Apparently they've been trying—unsuccessfully—to teach Charlie grade school arithmetic.  He's mastered adding and subtracting OK, but still has issues with multiplication and division.  Apparently his release is dependent on getting those two figured out.

;D

« Reply #824 on: November 27, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »

Apparently they've been trying—unsuccessfully—to teach Charlie grade school arithmetic.  He's mastered adding and subtracting OK, but still has issues with spelling, multiplication and division.  Apparently his release is dependent on getting those two three figured out.

;D
Then maybe he'll make more sense.

?

guv

« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2014, 01:46:37 AM »
This subject needs some torque.

?

guv

« Reply #826 on: July 04, 2015, 01:43:58 AM »
For the new guys, read back a few pages and see Charlie at his best.