Foucault pendulums

• 826 Replies
Re: Foucault pendulums
« Reply #510 on: June 09, 2014, 06:49:47 AM »
You have conveniently negated the angular momentum torque. It minuscule but its still there.

I'm not familiar with the term "angular momentum torque".  Could you please explain it?  As far as I knew, angular momentum produced no torque at all, as the momentum is 100% conserved within the closed system of the bob and its suspension string.
The torque is developed by the building & realising of tension in the suspension cable. Caused by gravitational resistance to the centripetal momentum. A resonating wave is produced  by the change in torque & tension on the suspension cable every swing .     

I know what all the words mean, but this doesn't make sense. It's kind of like listening to Deepak Chopra talkin about quantum mechanics and spirituality. In other words, bullshit.

I'm still willing to play though. Please, can you make a diagram showing all this?

I also recommend you try this with a real pendulum of some kind. I used a plumb bob on a string. No precession, no matter if I twist the string, move it up and down, side to side, etc.
Are you say the tension on the suspending string or cable remains at the same tension, Whilst the pendulum is in motion. Are you saying that frequently  changing tension causing  veneration in stored & released kinetic energy wont produce an osculated wave.? I will make it easy for you YES OR NO.           
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #511 on: June 09, 2014, 07:01:08 AM »
You have conveniently negated the angular momentum torque. It minuscule but its still there.

I'm not familiar with the term "angular momentum torque".  Could you please explain it?  As far as I knew, angular momentum produced no torque at all, as the momentum is 100% conserved within the closed system of the bob and its suspension string.
The torque is developed by the building & realising of tension in the suspension cable. Caused by gravitational resistance to the centripetal momentum. A resonating wave is produced  by the change in torque & tension on the suspension cable every swing .     

I know what all the words mean, but this doesn't make sense. It's kind of like listening to Deepak Chopra talkin about quantum mechanics and spirituality. In other words, bullshit.

I'm still willing to play though. Please, can you make a diagram showing all this?

I also recommend you try this with a real pendulum of some kind. I used a plumb bob on a string. No precession, no matter if I twist the string, move it up and down, side to side, etc.
Are you say the tension on the suspending string or cable remains at the same tension, Whilst the pendulum is in motion. Are you saying that frequently  changing tension causing  veneration in stored & released kinetic energy wont produce an osculated wave.? I will make it easy for you YES OR NO.         
Veneration?  Osculated?

« Reply #512 on: June 09, 2014, 07:12:17 AM »
He uses words that he thinks are big and scientific sounding to try and confuse people who aren't smart enough to see through his veil of verbal bullshit. Fortunately, most everyone involved here has enough wits to filter through the garbage to see the truth behind his completely nonsensical drivel.

None of it makes sense, none of it is scientifically accurate, he's making things up as he goes because he's backed himself into a corner to which there's no escape.

« Reply #513 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:44 AM »
We seem to have differing opinions on the FE side. If I understand correctly, Vauxhall says Foucault pendulums don't precess without some mechanical or magnetic trickery. He's given several opinions on how this might be done, but so far has not demonstrated that it can be done, nor has he demonstrated that it has in fact done in any case of a Foucault pendulum experiment.

Charles on the other hand, supported the fakery idea at first, also without providing any conclusive evidence, but then switched to the idea that the pendulum will actually precess as expected not due to Earth's rotation, but will in fact precess on a non-rotating Earth due to some combination of gravitational force, tension in the wire and instabilty of the point of suspension. After several attempts he has not made clear how this works.

On the RE side, the equation t=24hr/sin(L), where t is the period of precession, 24hr is the period of Earth's rotation, and L is the latitude where the pendulum is located, to predict how the pendulum will precess. Several examples of this actually working, including video demonstrations, experiment write ups, and publicly available Foucault pendulums have been given. Many of the examples were of apparently unmodified and unassisted pendulums. Where magnetically assisted pendulums were referenced, some detail of the magnetic sucker mechanism was given, including detail explaining how every effort is made not to alter the trajectory of the bob other than to accelerate it slightly in the direction it is already travelling to compensate for loss of momentum due to friction.

Now, after 26 pages of debate, I think it's clear that the FE side has given nothing substantial on the Foucault pendulum, citing only vague conspiracy theories, and confused sounding physical explanations that don't account for real world observations. Furthermore Vauxhall has been dishonest, by his own admission, regarding his alleged experiments. The RE side has clearly shown, by simple theoretical explanation and by reference to several verifiable experiments that Foucault pendulums do in fact precess due to rotation of the Earth.

Unless anyone has anything further to add, how do you all feel about putting this one to a vote and declaring a winner in this debate?
What's this ? The I'm a phuck wit & your going to use a straw man argument to crawl back up your rock. Its been made very clear, that your Foucault pendulums wont swing for 24hrs with out assistance.
I suggest you research the 1975 UN treaties for universal world time & latitude. Latitude & longitude are simply  made up. An agreement adopted by countries that couldn't agree on latitude.       
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #514 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:50 AM »
What's this ? The I'm a phuck wit & your going to use a straw man argument to crawl back up your rock. Its been made very clear, that your Foucault pendulums wont swing for 24hrs with out assistance.
I suggest you research the 1975 UN treaties for universal world time & latitude. Latitude & longitude are simply  made up. An agreement adopted by countries that couldn't agree on latitude.     

WE KNOW they won't swing for 24 hours unassisted, they don't NEED to to demonstrate the earth's rotation. What about this is so difficult to understand? A few hours is all that is needed and a few hours can be accomplished unassisted. Why do you continue to ignore this very simple, very understandable fact?

Latitude and longitude don't need to be agreed upon, all they need is to provide a reference point for the calculation. same thing like standard and metric measurements 2.54 cm and 1 inch are the same, even if they are different units. Another very simple concept that you have shown the inability to grasp.

« Reply #515 on: June 09, 2014, 07:26:55 AM »

Are you say the tension on the suspending string or cable remains at the same tension, Whilst the pendulum is in motion. Are you saying that frequently  changing tension causing variation in stored & released kinetic energy wont produce an Oscillating  wave.? I will make it easy for you YES OR NO.         
Veneration?  Osculated?
Its Variation & Oscillation.
 Are you say the tension on the suspending string or cable remains at the same tension, Whilst the pendulum is in motion. Are you saying that frequently changing tension causing variation in stored & released kinetic energy wont produce an Oscillating  wave.? I will make it easy for you YES OR NO.
Keep sabotaging my posts. I'm not going anywhere.   

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #516 on: June 09, 2014, 07:43:38 AM »

No to the first (though I must ask why you think that even matters) and what the hell are you babbling about to the second.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #517 on: June 09, 2014, 07:44:13 AM »

WE KNOW they won't swing for 24 hours unassisted, they don't NEED to to demonstrate the earth's rotation. What about this is so difficult to understand? A few hours is all that is needed and a few hours can be accomplished unassisted. Why do you continue to ignore this very simple, very understandable fact?

Latitude and longitude don't need to be agreed upon, all they need is to provide a reference point for the calculation. same thing like standard and metric measurements 2.54 cm and 1 inch are the same, even if they are different units. Another very simple concept that you have shown the inability to grasp.
I know 25.4 mm = 1inch. that's not what the treaty agreed upon. So stop play charades. You know dame well your your reference point is total bullshit. A made up  farce of fudged figures. that demonstrate nothing but fraud.     

« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2014, 07:51:23 AM »

I know 25.4 mm = 1inch. that's not what the treaty agreed upon. So stop play charades. You know dame well your your reference point is total bullshit. A made up  farce of fudged figures. that demonstrate nothing but fraud.   

This is very easy to understand, the latitude and longitude reference to a point in space determined by numbers, those numbers can be determined using the amount of procession and back calculating using that angle to find out YOUR latitude. It doesn't matter who agrees on it, it's a point of reference and it can be found using a foucault pendulum.

« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »

No to the first (though I must ask why you think that even matters) and what the hell are you babbling about to the second.
No to the first (though I must ask why you think that even matters)
Well it does & it does!!! 

« Reply #520 on: June 09, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »

If it does, then it should be easily demonstrable with math. Please provide us with your work.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »

I'm merely taking the liberty to recap the debate very briefly (for anyone how hasn't the time or energy to wade through 26 pages) and provide a closing statement, and respectfully ask whether the other participants would like to do so as well and bring this debate to a close. I don't know what's so offensive to you about that or why you think I'm making a straw man argument. Make your own statement and then let's put it to a vote already. In my opinion there's no point in continuing on since it doesn't appear that we're making any further progress.

As gor your comment on latitude, of course it's made up, like any other system of measurement. So what? The fact remains that people have chosen to use the convention of denoting North-South location by an angle from the Earth's axis of rotation. Despite your objection of the 1975 UN treaty, it's totally uncontroversial and we've been using it effectively for centuries. Deal with it.  8)
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »

This is very easy to understand, the latitude and longitude reference to a point in space determined by numbers, those numbers can be determined using the amount of procession and back calculating using that angle to find out YOUR latitude. It doesn't matter who agrees on it, it's a point of reference and it can be found using a Foucault pendulum.
You mean like that You tube clip posted on this thread .Where proclamation of it only being off by137 km on calculations, was touted as being a grand success. I'm just going to nip out the back to my hay stack & see if I can  find a needle in it. If I'm lucky I might find two.  ::)

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2014, 08:12:33 AM »

Wow, what a compelling argument you make. ::)

Are you saying that the tension does stay the same? Haven't you ever been on a swing? Obviously the tension changes continuously throughout each swing. Still no idea why you think that's relevant.

« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »

This is very easy to understand, the latitude and longitude reference to a point in space determined by numbers, those numbers can be determined using the amount of procession and back calculating using that angle to find out YOUR latitude. It doesn't matter who agrees on it, it's a point of reference and it can be found using a Foucault pendulum.
You mean like that You tube clip posted on this thread .Where proclamation of it only being off by137 km on calculations, was touted as being a grand success. I'm just going to nip out the back to my hay stack & see if I can  find a needle in it. If I'm lucky I might find two.  ::)

That's what you get when you use makeshift measurement devices. It's still closer than anything FE hypothesis has been able to provide, EVER. The experiment would have gotten more accurate with more time, but I like how you conveniently ignore that.

Let me ask you something, if your magical oscillating pendulum force were even true, then why does the total swing time change with change in latitude? Does your magic oscillating pendulum string just conveniently change it's oscillation force with latitude as well?

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2014, 08:33:51 AM »

That's about 1.4% off by my calculation. How much precision were you expecting from such a rough and ready experiment? I'd say that's pretty good for something probably put together in a single afternoon.

I'm interested to hear your explanation to evildan's question also.

« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2014, 08:49:24 AM »

If it does, then it should be easily demonstrable with math. Please provide us with your work.
Are you people kidding me that you cant figure out centripetal force will create tension to occur on the suspension cable & changes in velocity of momentum will cause  changes in tension in the cable . Do I really have to provide maths for something a grade 4 primary student knows occurs. lol

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
Its been made very clear, that your Foucault pendulums wont swing for 24hrs with out assistance.
They don't need to.  Depending on your latitude, deflection can be observed in significantly less than 1 hour.

I suggest you research the 1975 UN treaties for universal world time & latitude.
I did and I couldn't find anything relevant.  Perhaps you could post a link.

Latitude & longitude are simply  made up. An agreement adopted by countries that couldn't agree on latitude.     
???  What the th*rk are you talking about?  Measurements of latitude based on observations of Polaris and other heavenly bodies have been used used to navigate successfully for over two thousand years.  Ever heard of celestial navigation?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
Its been made very clear, that your Foucault pendulums wont swing for 24hrs with out assistance.
They don't need to.  Depending on your latitude, deflection can be observed in significantly less than 1 hour.

I suggest you research the 1975 UN treaties for universal world time & latitude.

Latitude & longitude are simply  made up. An agreement adopted by countries that couldn't agree on latitude.     
???  What the th*rk are you talking about?  Measurements of latitude based on observations of Polaris and other heavenly bodies have been used used to navigate successfully for over two thousand years.  Ever heard of celestial navigation?
Then why the necessity for a treaty in 1975 ? What they had nothing better to do LOL
Brain washed retards I can't be bothered with uses .
Wake up they are professional at lying ,they only tell you what they want you to believe.
http://www.viewzone.com/collateralx.html 

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #529 on: June 09, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »

Are you people kidding me that you cant figure out centripetal force will create tension to occur on the suspension cable & changes in velocity of momentum will cause  changes in tension in the cable . Do I really have to provide maths for something a grade 4 primary student knows occurs. lol

Holy shit charlie brown. You're asking others to wake up and smell the conspiracy? Why don't you pay attention and listen to what you've been told about twenty times now. Nobody is saying that there's no tension on the wire, nobody is saying the tension doesn't change. Since you still don't seem to understand it, I'll use small simple words: unless that tension causes the wire to break, it's totally irrelevant to how a Foucault pendulum works.

« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

Then why the necessity for a treaty in 1975 ? What they had nothing better to do LOL
Wake up they are professional at lying ,they only tell you what they want you to believe.

I'll ask again.

Let me ask you something, if your magical oscillating pendulum force were even true, then why does the total swing time change with change in latitude? Does your magic oscillating pendulum string just conveniently change it's oscillation force with latitude as well?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #531 on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
Perhaps if you could post a link to this treaty, then I could read it and possibly give you an answer.  As it is, Google can't seem to find it for me (unless they're hiding it).

What does a bank note printing company printing blank birth certificate forms have to do with latitude or Foucalult pendulums?  ???

« Reply #532 on: June 09, 2014, 01:09:47 PM »
What I would like to know is: why are you all arguing with CB?

Even by the very low standards of this forum, it is unlikely to be fruitful in any way.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #533 on: June 09, 2014, 02:27:22 PM »

Even by the very low standards of this forum, it is unlikely to be fruitful in any way.

That's why I think we should put it to a vote and end this debate. RE clearly won this one. The world needs to know. :P

« Reply #534 on: June 09, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »

Holy shit charlie brown. You're asking others to wake up and smell the conspiracy? Why don't you pay attention and listen to what you've been told about twenty times now. Nobody is saying that there's no tension on the wire, nobody is saying the tension doesn't change. Since you still don't seem to understand it, I'll use small simple words: unless that tension causes the wire to break, it's totally irrelevant to how a Foucault pendulum works.
No to the first (though I must ask why you think that even matters). now your telling pork pies.

Nobody is saying that there's no tension on the wire, nobody is saying the tension doesn't change. Care to tell us all where that kinetic energy generated is being transferred to.   
I can see why your so eager to end this thread.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:52:01 PM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #535 on: June 09, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »
Perhaps if you could post a link to this treaty, then I could read it and possibly give you an answer.  As it is, Google can't seem to find it for me (unless they're hiding it).

What does a bank note printing company printing blank birth certificate forms have to do with latitude or Foucalult pendulums?  ???
Well if they can underhandedly & deceptively own your ass with out your consent , borrow capital using your property & any property your ever going to own. Garnish any income.lumbering you ,your children their children & so on................... with the debt of their dirty deeds . Then I'd have to say they cant be trusted to ever be truthful & it pays to get a second opinion on anything they say or promote. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:10:57 PM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #536 on: June 09, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »

That's why I think we should put it to a vote and end this debate. RE clearly won this one. The world needs to know. :P
Which world is that, the corporate corrupt one trading via hidden contractual enslavement ? Or the one where a individual is free to chose who he/she contracts with via transparent consent.       

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #537 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:04 PM »
Well if they can underhandedly & deceptively own your ass with out your consent...
???  Whoa there!!  Are you saying that a birth certificate is a document of ownership?  If this wasn't way off topic, I'd tell you to get a second opinion on your meds.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #538 on: June 09, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »
Nobody is saying that there's no tension on the wire, nobody is saying the tension doesn't change. Care to tell us all where that kinetic energy generated is being transferred to.

If I thought for a second that you would be capable of following the explanation, I'd give it, but given your apparent inability to comprehend fairly simple physics, I'm not going to bother. Your best bet would probably be some remedial classes of some kind to at least get you up to a high-school level of understanding.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

« Reply #539 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »
Well if they can underhandedly & deceptively own your ass with out your consent...
???  Whoa there!!  Are you saying that a birth certificate is a document of ownership?  If this wasn't way off topic, I'd tell you to get a second opinion on your meds.
Are you saying that a birth certificate is a document of ownership?Sure is buddy. They own your incorporated ass & you hold a copy of that legal binding document. Every thing you do regarding commerce is attached to that document. Until the debt is paid back in full, by the corporation that held  the rights to borrow on its stock.

Now can I have the  answer please ,on where that kinetic energy generated in the suspension cable is being transferred to.