Foucault pendulums

• 826 Replies
Re: Foucault pendulums
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
Clearly the punchline to Vauxhall's little joke is that imgur is part of the conspiracy.
Certainly seems like it's heading that way doesn't it lol :P

The image link is broken:
http://i.imgur.com/Lh83o84dfK.jpg

Imgur works fine, your link is literally to an imgur fail page, not to a real gallery page where my ISP is just showing me a missing picture.

Why don't you try linking to an actual picture?

It shows up for me. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

So you all are masters at hotlinks and imgur url code? Give me a break.  ::)
Actually yes, I'm a sofware developer - I've made that quite clear in many of my posts. If I couldn't load URLs I think I would have bigger things to worry about than what shape the Earth is :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:08:25 PM by LukeB »

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »
http://jonathan.lansey.net/pastimes/pendulum2/index.html

Like I said, if you knew how the internet worked, you would be better at this.
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »
I cropped myself out of the photo because I didn't want to reveal my face. I request you take that down, please. I will report you.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
The above image is from Google!
The blog it's from is even titled "Confirming Earths Rotation" - Vaxhaull believes it rotates! Good job guys :)

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »
Interesting, so your name is Ikemefuna Agbanusi and you built a working pendulum which confirmed the earth's rotation?

/edit: you're my favourite  :P

Vauxhall

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »
The blog it's from is even titled "Confirming Earths Rotation" - Vaxhaull believes it rotates! Good job guys :)

I didn't type up the findings, someone else did. I am the man in the picture, though. Also, this picture was taken a long time ago... I didn't subscribe to any theories.

Now that everyone knows my name (appropriate partys involved have been reported)... Its time to post your pendulums.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:23:46 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »

I didn't type up the findings, someone else did. I am the man in the picture, though. Also, this picture was taken a long time ago... I didn't subscribe to any theories.

It's ok Vauxhall, we know you believe it's round really :) Especially as the blog is about them doing it for/ with a group of people - more specifically a math club. You, (Ike), also look pretty chuffed - you must've been overwhelmed with the evidence of rotation; good for you!

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
You're the Dr Ikemefuna Agbanusi? Better and better, so with your doctorate in maths and your particular interest in stochastic reaction diffusion equations, you are probably our member most qualified in maths.

Would you mind explaining this proof which you derived here in layman's terms? Pure maths was never my strong point.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »

Now that everyone knows my name (appropriate partys involved have been reported)... Its time to post your pendulums.

Since we already know what you look like, then you shouldn't mind posting a verification pic?
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2014, 01:27:29 PM »
You're the Dr Ikemefuna Agbanusi? Better and better, so with your doctorate in maths and your particular interest in stochastic reaction diffusion equations, you are probably our member most qualified in maths.

Would you mind explaining this proof which you derived here in layman's terms? Pure maths was never my strong point.

Hehe, good luck with that one :P
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:58:03 PM by LukeB »

Vauxhall

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
Irrelevant.

Is it safe to assume each one of you lied when you said you had built a pendulum and were going to post a picture of it?

I believe they call this "pot calling kettle black"... ::)
Read the FAQS.

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
Better than that, I said I would build one if you posted pics of yours that you didn't just get from google.

Guess we can forget that part, but I might build one anyway, though I'm not sure I have access to anywhere tall enough. Would be a cool thing to do though. If I ever get round to it, you can be sure I'll post a video.

Vauxhall

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »
Better than that, I said I would build one if you posted pics of yours that you didn't just get from google.

Guess we can forget that part, but I might build one anyway, though I'm not sure I have access to anywhere tall enough. Would be a cool thing to do though. If I ever get round to it, you can be sure I'll post a video.

You can't prove the picture is "from Google". Believe it or not, lots of pictures end up on the internet. Do you know how the internet works? Do you even know how Google works? Lol.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »

You can't prove the picture is "from Google". Believe it or not, lots of pictures end up on the internet. Do you know how the internet works? Do you even know how Google works? Lol.

Anybody can do a search and pick out an image - it's not hard. And yes, I at least do know how both work :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:59:06 PM by LukeB »

Vauxhall

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »
So you don't know how Google works. Got it.
Read the FAQS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
Why don't you post some pictures of yours, Vauxhall?

If you post something that isn't straight from google this time, I'll make my own and post pics of that too. We can be Foucault buddies.

I remember my first time trying to post a picture.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Vauxhall

« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
LukeB, like I said earlier. I cropped the original picture.
Read the FAQS.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Irrelevant.

Is it safe to assume each one of you lied when you said you had built a pendulum and were going to post a picture of it?

So, because you're lying, and you've been caught, we should assume everyone else is also lying?

Not very sound logic, "Dr Abganusi".  ;D
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
After some analysis, the true original photograph was 2592 x 1944 pixels in size. This is larger than any available on the internet, so presuming you have the original file, you can upload this to prove that you categorically did not pull it from Google.

Vauxhall

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2014, 02:01:15 PM »
Irrelevant.

So, because you're lying, and you've been caught, we should assume everyone else is also lying?

What is it with REers putting words in my mouth?  ::)

At least two of you claimed that you have photos of a working foucault pendulum. Not one of you have posted these "pictures". Until then, you're lying.

I'm the only one being honest here. You all are just pissed that I actually went through with posting the picture (which you assumed didn't exist) and now you're trying to nit pick every detail. You're missing the big picture, not to mention you're completely off-topic which goes against the rules of our forum.

After some analysis, the true original photograph was 2592 x 1944 pixels in size. This is larger than any available on the internet, so presuming you have the original file, you can upload this to prove that you categorically did not pull it from Google.

Post a picture of your pendulum and I'll comply with this. Otherwise, I see no reason to. I don't need to prove my identity to anyone... that was what I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Please try to stay on topic.
Read the FAQS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »
I also made a Foucault Pendulum and it worked fine. Furthermore I partied with the Foucault Pendulum guards at the Pantheon is Paris.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »
Irrelevant.

What is it with REers putting words in my mouth?  ::)

At least two of you claimed that you have photos of a working foucault pendulum. Not one of you have posted these "pictures". Until then, you're lying.

I'm the only one being honest here. You all are just pissed that I actually went through with posting the picture (which you assumed didn't exist) and now you're trying to nit pick every detail. You're missing the big picture, not to mention you're completely off-topic which goes against the rules of our forum.

Post a picture of your pendulum and I'll comply with this. Otherwise, I see no reason to. I don't need to prove my identity to anyone... that was what I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Please try to stay on topic.

We are on topic; we're currently talking about the photo of your pendulum, "Dr Abganusi" ;). It's obviously pulled from Google so you've clearly underestimated the capabilities of the internet as a lie detector - it's very good at it ;)

Vauxhall

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2014, 02:07:22 PM »
We are on topic; we're currently talking about the photo of your pendulum, "Dr Abganusi" ;). It's obviously pulled from Google so you've clearly underestimated the capabilities of the internet as a lie detector - it's very good at it ;)

So are you going to post your picture?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »

So are you going to post your picture?
I've posted more photos than you have and mine are at least actually real :) I'm not going to keep searching for more photos for someone who continually lies, Dr Abganusi :P

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »
Here is mine,
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:14:59 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Vauxhall

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
I've posted more photos than you have and mine are at least actually real :) I'm not going to keep searching for more photos for someone who continually lies, Dr Abganusi :P

Feel free to think I'm lying, it makes no difference to me. I've reported you every time you've used that name. I wouldn't be surprised if you suddenly disappeared from the forum within the next couple of days. Mods have already contacted me via PM to get this issue resolved. Was it worth it to prove a point?

Please prove that you've seen a working foucault pendulum. Is that possible for you or are you just trolling at this point?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
This thread is fucking hilarious.

Dr Abganusi has confirmed his status as my favourite flat earther.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Vauxhall

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
Quote from: LukeB
I pretty certainly have photos of the labs inside too, but I have a strong feeling they'll just be passed off as "the pendulum isn't moving so therefore it's fake" or whatever :P

Let me get this straight, you have pictures of the pendulum but you're not going to post them? I guess I'm the only one here with enough balls to back up my claims.

I guess it's kind of hard to back up claims that were lies all along, huh?  ::)
Read the FAQS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2014, 02:26:33 PM »
I pretty certainly have photos of the labs inside too, but I have a strong feeling they'll just be passed off as "the pendulum isn't moving so therefore it's fake" or whatever :P

Let me get this straight, you have pictures of the pendulum but you're not going to post them? I guess I'm the only one here with enough balls to back up my claims.

I clearly just posted mine.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Vauxhall

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »

I clearly just posted mine.

If that is your foucault pendulum... can I borrow some money from you?
Read the FAQS.