Let's discuss this particular photo from SpaceX

• 144 Replies

Goddamnit, Clown

• How else would light work?
Re: Let's discuss this particular photo from SpaceX
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2014, 06:59:52 AM »
Well, sure. The true versions of all those fields are easy to learn, you just read something on a poorly made website that sounds pretty truthy to you and run with it. All those equations and predictions and whatnot are just a smokescreen to get funding out of suckers, anyway.
Big Pendulum have their tentacles everywhere.

?

Goth

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2014, 08:03:56 AM »
And yet, remarkably, all round earthers claim to be proficient in each and every one of these various sciences.  Amazing!

A new religion called (science) also called the NWO,,,,

There is a fundamental error in thinking here. Scientists have always accepted that science is a matter of processional knowledge which requires testing and contains uncertainty. People that don't understand how science works wouldn't be scientists or capable of carrying out the process.
It is not scientists or science which is at fault for the issues pointed out above, it is business and how the science is used and reported by the non-scientific community. If scientific work around any given subject was allowed to be honestly reported by knowledgeable people without groups with agenda's spending fortunes to either promote or discredit via BS campaigns the world would be a much clearer place,,
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:09:47 AM by Goth »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2014, 08:26:01 AM »
Most global Earthers that come to this forum are proficient in copying google pages and reeling it all off as if they're actually scientists, when they're nothing of the sort, which is plain to see based on how unbelievably naive they are, to the point of absolute ridiculousness.
There's very few that actually are capable of comprehending and thinking for themselves. It's the absolute truth.

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2014, 08:58:52 AM »
Anyone that actually is serious about science thinks for themselves because science is built upon being able to think outside the box and discover new things.

That is why the various fields of science are constantly changing. Physics especially. What we thought was true yesterday changes when we discover something new today.

Contrast to living on a message board and making up stuff that wouldn't even seem believable in the most absurd science fiction novel imaginable....like some are known to do.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
Most global Earthers that come to this forum are proficient in copying google pages and reeling it all off as if they're actually scientists, when they're nothing of the sort, which is plain to see based on how unbelievably naive they are, to the point of absolute ridiculousness.
There's very few that actually are capable of comprehending and thinking for themselves. It's the absolute truth.
Remember how you just called yourself a scientist?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Goth

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
False facts about Tesla giving him more credit than he deserves.  official viewpoint of the Edison Tech Center:

In today's world of infotainment, web pages and documentaries have popped up proclaiming Nikola (Nicola) Tesla of being the inventor of practically everything. The more sites that pop up, the more reinforced false facts become. This is wrong because it denies respect for the true inventors of the technology, as well as over simplifies history. Just as people incorrectly understood what Edison actually did and believed in a simplified idolization, Tesla seems to have taken his populist place in the 21st century. Tesla suffered from narcissism through much of his life, and this throws many of his claims of being "the first" into question. We can only believe patent information, court transcripts and proven written records.

Didn't your mother tell you not to believe everything you read on the internet? So before you go back to the Tesla mania pages we suggest you go to a library and dig up some facts from books and patent applications, just as real historians have.

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2014, 10:05:10 AM »
Of course none of us are claiming to have formulated our own theory of gravitation or derived our own equations describing rocket propulsion or whatever. We're here to espouse the exact opposite point of view. That it isn't necessary to do so because we're standing at the end of a long line of people who've done a great deal of it already.

Newton suggests that there is universal gravitation.
He describes this and its logical outcomes with a mathematical model.
This model agrees with reality.
Profit.

Everyone is welcome to go through the same process, like:
Scepti suggests that apparent gravity is caused by denpressure.
He describes this and its logical outcomes with a mathematical model.
This model agrees with reality?
Profit?

If your predictions are better than the current state of the art: hurray! If not, then either your model or the assumptions its based on need to change. If you balk even at the idea of precisely, rigorously describing your idea, then perhaps science isn't for you. There is no onus on anyone to create their own understanding of the world, alone and from first principles. If there were, then we would literally still be a pre-agricultural species.

The ability to take what has been learnt before, check that it works for your purposes, then build upon it is what has underpinned human civilisation. This notion that your wisdom is measured by how little you believe established theories is foolish. They're established for a reason and if you think you have a better one, figure it out and -

go and prove it.

The door is absolutely open for that, all you have to do is create a model which correctly predicts something that the accepted theories do not. That's the only requirement there's ever been - either your model can do this or it can't. That's the reason you've heard of Einstein, not because his Illuminati membership was paid up but because his predictions better matched reality than Newton's. Correspondingly, it's why some of his ideas aren't accepted, because they didn't pan out and there are no free passes.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2014, 10:26:18 AM »

I've been trying to stay off this website as much as possible , but the temptation was too great.

Has anyone else ever seen any posts by an FE who signs as sandokhan ?? LOL ?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:28:55 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2014, 10:47:05 AM »

I've been trying to stay off this website as much as possible , but the temptation was too great.

Has anyone else ever seen any posts by an FE who signs as sandokhan ?? LOL ?
Advanced Flat Earth Theory is my favorite thread on this whole site.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2014, 10:52:50 AM »

Advanced Flat Earth Theory is my favorite thread on this whole site.
It is quite good fun, from a Fortean view point.

It's when he shits his copy pasta all over other threads that he gets a bit much.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
Just like when you claimed to be a photographer and did a copy and paste of an answer from google when asked a question about photography.

ausGeoff

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »
Most global Earthers that come to this forum are proficient in copying Google pages and reeling it all off as if they're actually scientists, when they're nothing of the sort, which is plain to see based on how unbelievably naive they are, to the point of absolute ridiculousness.

We round earthers are proficient at evaluating current scientific theories, and obviously cite Google and Wiki references for this purpose.  Whilst most of us aren't scientists as such, we're capable of interpreting the scientific data that we read.  Flat earthers, on the other hand, seem to have great difficulty in comprehending even the basics of science, such as gravity, eclipses, magnetism, mechanics, astronomy, the Foucault pendulum etc.  These are the sorts of things kids are taught in high school science classes, and which form the basis for their future degrees in the sciences.

I often wonder why people like you sceptimatic waste so much of your time here posting page after page of what amounts at best to pseudo-science, and at worst to absolute drivel.  You can't even adequately elucidate your "denpressure" hypothesis other than to say it's "vertical pressure plus density"—which is scientifically meaningless.  You can't even define its units of measurement, or whether it's a scalar or a vector quantity (despite being asked numerous times here).  You don't even know the difference between mass and weight, or speed and velocity LOL.

It's all very well to continually rubbish the accepted scientific theories, but unless you can present viable alternatives, then there's really no point in simply calling round earthers ridiculous or naive, and their science "bullcrap", as you so often do.

It's actually quite funny to see you reject the theories of Aristotle, Galileo, Newton, Einstein and Gell-Mann out of hand as though you actually have a superior intellect to any/all of them.  Or are you now going to claim that none of these guys had a clue?  Or that the self-proclaimed "genius" and "scientist" sceptimatic knows more than all of them combined?

Go on mate... give us all a laugh.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2014, 04:26:52 AM »
Just like when you claimed to be a photographer and did a copy and paste of an answer from google when asked a question about photography.
And you were too naive to understand that I told you exactly what I did but you couldn't comprehend why I did it. Look back and you might understand why I did it.

I was simply telling you and anyone else that it's easy to pretend you are something on a forum and you can copy and paste anything from anywhere and pretend you know what you're talking about.

I could have changed the words to it all if I wanted peopel to think I was some expert but I didn't. I told you it was word for word. that should have been a clue to you.
Do me a favour and start using your brain a little.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2014, 04:38:10 AM »
Most global Earthers that come to this forum are proficient in copying Google pages and reeling it all off as if they're actually scientists, when they're nothing of the sort, which is plain to see based on how unbelievably naive they are, to the point of absolute ridiculousness.

We round earthers are proficient at evaluating current scientific theories, and obviously cite Google and Wiki references for this purpose.  Whilst most of us aren't scientists as such, we're capable of interpreting the scientific data that we read.  Flat earthers, on the other hand, seem to have great difficulty in comprehending even the basics of science, such as gravity, eclipses, magnetism, mechanics, astronomy, the Foucault pendulum etc.  These are the sorts of things kids are taught in high school science classes, and which form the basis for their future degrees in the sciences.

I often wonder why people like you sceptimatic waste so much of your time here posting page after page of what amounts at best to pseudo-science, and at worst to absolute drivel.  You can't even adequately elucidate your "denpressure" hypothesis other than to say it's "vertical pressure plus density"—which is scientifically meaningless.  You can't even define its units of measurement, or whether it's a scalar or a vector quantity (despite being asked numerous times here).  You don't even know the difference between mass and weight, or speed and velocity LOL.

It's all very well to continually rubbish the accepted scientific theories, but unless you can present viable alternatives, then there's really no point in simply calling round earthers ridiculous or naive, and their science "bullcrap", as you so often do.

It's actually quite funny to see you reject the theories of Aristotle, Galileo, Newton, Einstein and Gell-Mann out of hand as though you actually have a superior intellect to any/all of them.  Or are you now going to claim that none of these guys had a clue?  Or that the self-proclaimed "genius" and "scientist" sceptimatic knows more than all of them combined?

Go on mate... give us all a laugh.
My time here is far from wasted. It's actually very enlightening. It would be entirely wasted if I was to simply copy and paste about an accepted lie like the science of a globe, etc is. I'd class that as  absolute wastage.
It's a good job I can think for myself and not be intimidated by pretend scientists on a forum. I'm seasoned enough to know the games you people play and how you try your best to saturate the minds of the newbie out of the box thinkers with your absolute indoctrinated drivel.

If scientists believe in fantasy as a truth, then I do know a hell of a lot more than they do. Mixing liquids in a jar and looking at stuff under a microscope are just some of the things scientists do, who are actually good at what they do.
Those that call themselves astrophysicists, etc are no more than story telling reflection seeing mappers that can tell you as many stories as you see fit to listen to...all bull crap.

Fiction and reality can sit side by side and be hard to part. Genius and lunacy can equally be hard to part. Naivety and logic are easily parted by the logical person. Naivety does not allow logic to dictate matters.

You are playing naive by design. It's an act to keep up a lie, like some others on here. Some are genuinely naive and some are so switched on, it's a breath of fresh air, which gives me some good reading and I thank them all for that.

The only thing I can thank people like you for, is giving me a reason to destroy your bull crap, so thanks for that.

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »
Considering you get slapped around on this forum more than a two dollar hooker..........what exactly are you destroying?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:07 AM »
Considering you get slapped around on this forum more than a two dollar hooker..........what exactly are you destroying?
I'm destroying the little fantasy world that you believe you live in. You couldn't slap me around if you had a million hands, so don't go there big boy. ;D
The more people that go up against me, the more skittles there is to knock down. It's like meat and drink to me.

« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2014, 06:18:30 AM »
I'm destroying the little fantasy world that you believe you live in.

Actually, you're not.

For one, it's not a fantasy. And for two.......none of the BS you make up is even remotely believable. It's laughable on your best day.

The brainwashing rhetoric is stale and has absolutely zero effect on anyone.

You are a legend in your own mind only.

The more people that go up against me, the more skittles there is to knock down. It's like meat and drink to me.

Alright.

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »
Quote from: scepti
I was simply telling you and anyone else that it's easy to pretend you are something on a forum and you can copy and paste anything from anywhere and pretend you know what you're talking about.
Except, it wasn't easy. You thought it would be but were immediately found out. No?

ausGeoff

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »

The only thing I can thank people like you for, is giving me a reason to destroy your bull crap, so thanks for that.

I agree that our round earth reasoning is certainly subject to debate, but to make the assumption it's all "bull crap" prior to, at the very least,  considering it, and then simply dismissing it without any valid evidence to support your dismissal is totally without the true logic required in any meaningful debate.

You're simply making a personal, unsubstantiated pre-judgement, and claiming that everything you say is correct, and everything round earthers say is erroneous (or a lie).

Extraordinary claims (denpressure; no gravity; faked space missions; no nuclear power stations; bogus eyewitness accounts of Hiroshima; phony Foucault pendulums etc) require extraordinary evidence.  Thus far you've provided none.

Every claim and every scientific theory made by round earthers is evidenced by everyday phenomena that've been observed and replicated for centuries and by—literally—millions of scientists the world over.

Rather than being so instantly confrontational sceptimatic, you really need to spend more time at least mulling over what we round earthers claim.  It would seem that you're not even prepared to consider the slightest possibility that even a small part of conventional science may just have it right.  You've just written off all science as nothing more than a massive con-job, or deliberate collusion by all the world's governments and space agencies, and historians, to confuse and confound the wider general population.

But you've yet to offer any viable explanation as to why all these millions of individuals would do so.  What, specifically, would be their collective motive?

Goddamnit, Clown

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »
What, specifically, would be their collective motive?
And where would they get the collective skill to pull it off? Far smaller conspiracies with far clearer motives and far more tightly knit conspirators have been uncovered by outsiders or simply fallen apart of their own accord.

ausGeoff

« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2014, 02:45:54 AM »
And where would they get the collective skill to pull it off?

It's impossible to believe that America, Russia, North Korea, and China would jointly conspire to carry out such a massive global conspiracy.  They've been at the point of nuking each other for decades.

Why collude over a relatively insignificant issue such as the bizarre proposal of a flat earth?  What political/military advantage would they collectively achieve?

?

QuQu

« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2014, 04:09:45 AM »
You can't imagine how productive conspiracy idiots are. I read somewhere that Malaysia Air crash is a hoax fabricated in order to implant tracking devices in everyone's head.

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2014, 06:07:33 PM »
You can't imagine how productive conspiracy idiots are. I read somewhere that Malaysia Air crash is a hoax fabricated in order to implant tracking devices in everyone's head.

Just now hearing about that ridiculously asinine conspiracy just gave me cancer.
Burden of Proof.

1. The obligation to prove one's assertion.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2014, 06:58:26 PM »
Nope.

Nope. You missed my point once again...

There's no way I can prove to you that a conspiracy exists with science. I can't take two chemicals, combine them, and then make the NWO pop out of it.
You're just going to have to take my word for it because the NWO exists... it's just hard to prove it because of their efforts to erase evidence of their existence.

Maybe not science, but certainly with rationality and evidence. All those actual conspiracies you cited were proven in this way. That should be the bar you strive for and until then you should take the belief with extreme prejudice. You believe in a far-fetched NASA conspiracy of dubious value with no evidence.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2014, 11:48:42 PM »

Maybe not science, but certainly with rationality and evidence. All those actual conspiracies you cited were proven in this way. That should be the bar you strive for and until then you should take the belief with extreme prejudice. You believe in a far-fetched NASA conspiracy of dubious value with no evidence.

"Evidence" is an unnecessary requirement in order for the flat earthers to prove [sic] their case.  It doesn't matter how you describe evidence; circumstantial; viable; probable; empirical; as witnessed; as theorised; or hypothetical.  Flat earthers just don't need it.