Could it be that the RE map is also wrong...

• 6 Replies

Re: Could it be that the RE map is also wrong...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:47:08 AM »
Aside from the fact that 90% of this is religious drivel. Yes, a projection adds in certain factors. Of course, as the clip shows they are KNOWN affects, and can be compensated for. That part of the video was more of a commentary on social studies, than the shape of the earth. I suggest either that video be replaced with just the part of the video in question (I think it's actually from a TV show), or moved down to the religious section, before i go loco on the difference between "faith" and "assumptions" (here's a hint: there isn't)

?

Goth

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:02:18 AM »
Could it be ,' that the bible is just a book,,,,,

When you have specific thoughts and ideas most of your life, you may find it challenging to change your conditioned way of thinking. You are conditioned by your parents, school, church, friends and media. You are conditioned to have specific thoughts in a specific way.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:04:07 AM by Goth »

?

tappet

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:44:29 AM »
Interesting videos, thanks.

ausGeoff

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 04:20:39 AM »

It's amusing that so many flat earthers quote the bible as some sort of authority on astrophysics.  As soon as I see any reference at all to the bible in an allegedly "scientific" deliberation, I immediately dismiss it as being ultimately unscientific.

Religion, for its existence, relies solely on faith.  And faith is defined as belief without evidence.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:02:47 AM »

It's amusing that so many flat earthers quote the bible as some sort of authority on astrophysics.  As soon as I see any reference at all to the bible in an allegedly "scientific" deliberation, I immediately dismiss it as being ultimately unscientific.

Religion, for its existence, relies solely on faith.  And faith is defined as belief without evidence.

I agree Geoff. I chuckled when that video posits religion as a better source than science, because science is "assumptions". Guess WTF religion is! an ASSUMPTION there's a higher power.

ausGeoff

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 01:42:43 AM »

I agree Geoff. I chuckled when that video posits religion as a better source than science, because science is "assumptions". Guess WTF religion is! an ASSUMPTION there's a higher power.

Major difference between religionists (and flat earthers) and scientists?  Religionists believe in the existence of supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena.  And scientists don't.