Theory: the moon, sun and stars are just reflections

• 565 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Theory: the moon, sun and stars are just reflections
« Reply #420 on: June 15, 2014, 07:33:19 AM »
My aim is for the real people to see through the lies and see an alternative
Ah, real people.  So out the 7 billion "real people" around on the planet, how many have you convinced so far?

Just a rough estimate will do.
It's not about convincing anyone. It's about people reading into what I say and opening their minds to alternate possibilities to the fodder that has been fed to them all their lives.

I imagine that I've gave many people food for thought, as have some other alternate thinkers on here and other sites.
The real people are those that are merely grazing or asleep, who know no better than to simply accept on face value, anything they are told, because they simply trust official lines. It takes one person to question just one event to wake them up slowly from their slumber.

People like you are of no importance to me. I know what you people are and I know you have no intention of doing anything other than attempting to ridicule anyone's thoughts if they don't fit into your world. You prefer the comfort zone of mass opinion because you're a weakling. Soft and easily manipulated. Scared of your higher peers. Afraid to think away from their thoughts, because you do not want to be known as a weirdo, as you have already seen what it's like to be a party to calling people who question stuff, weirdo's.

Just weaklings. It's just the way you've been brought up through the ranks though. Follow the pack and don't look back. Fair enough, I say.

« Reply #421 on: June 15, 2014, 08:13:23 AM »
Ah, real people.  So out the 7 billion "real people" around on the planet, how many have you convinced so far?

It's not about convincing anyone.
Well, you are doing well then.

Why don't you try to post something that isn't whining, self-righteous bullshit?  Seriously, it is so tiresome.

How about that diagram of how sunsets work in your ice dome?  You've been promising for years, but so far just can't deliver....
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #422 on: June 15, 2014, 08:30:14 AM »

Why don't you try to post something that isn't whining, self-righteous bullshit?  Seriously, it is so tiresome.

How about that diagram of how sunsets work in your ice dome?  You've been promising for years, but so far just can't deliver....
I hope I'm super tiresome to you people. It's not you people that I'm putting my thoughts across to, it's those with logical thinking minds. I do just it through you people.

« Reply #423 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:37 AM »
Quote from: sceptimatic
I hope I'm super tiresome to you people.

...more blah...blah....
So, still no diagram.

You don't even believe your own bullshit.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »

I hope I'm super tiresome to you people. It's not you people that I'm putting my thoughts across to, it's those with logical thinking minds. I do just it through you people.

The dark ages called; they want their worldview back.

I love how you ramble on and on about crap you cannot possibly know, then you claim to know it 100% - even in a complete void of evidence - then ridicule those who know the Earth is flat (based on mountains of evidence).

You are a silly, silly man. By the way, I found your picture via Google Image search. But I'm sure you'll deny it as some global conspiracy bent on denying the size of your brain.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »
After all this time you'd think that you people would understand that attempted ridicule is meat and drink to me.  ;D

« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2014, 12:08:44 PM »
After all this time you'd think that you people would understand that attempted ridicule is meat and drink to me.  ;D

Then you must be stuffed! Burp.

« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2014, 02:25:20 PM »

Also, what are these object reflecting off of? Does the earth have a roof now?

Why are they reflecting, but not reflecting the ground around them? (That'd be like looking into a mirror and seeing my own disembodied head!)

What object's that exist on Earth could possibly be creating reflections of planets with rings, and THE SUN? Where do we have that constant hydrogen fission reaction?

Would would we have seasons?

« Reply #428 on: July 20, 2014, 05:39:52 AM »
I would like to debate the theory, held by some flat earth proponents, that the moon, planets and stars are not physical objects.  Instead they are either reflections of other things, such as pieces of the ice dome that is claimed to surround the earth, or light effects due to cracks in the ice dome.  I realize that most FE people believe that the moon, planets and stars ARE physical objects, so there is no need to make that point here.

My first question for what I will call Reflection Theory proponents:  how do you explain the fact that our solar system's planets, when viewed through a telescope, appear to have the kinds of details that would not seem possible if they were random reflections.  For example, Saturn's rings or the horizontal bands across Jupiter.  What kind of object, apart from one that looks just like Saturn, could create a reflection that looks like Saturn?

What a load of bullshit. We've recorded these planets to have their own mass long before things like NASA existed. You arguing undisputed facts with complete and utter retarded shit based on imagination.

Please don't argue that such photos are photoshopped, since even a hobbyist-grade telescope can show Saturn's rings, so a doubter can verify this himself.

I look forward to a mature, non-personal, discussion of this topic.   

ausGeoff

« Reply #429 on: July 20, 2014, 06:13:45 AM »
After all this time you'd think that you people would understand that attempted ridicule is meat and drink to me.

I think you underestimate us round earthers sceptimatic.  We don't "attempt" to ridicule your notions about geophysics and astrophysics; we actually totally refute them.  Even your (apparent) flat earth peers on this forum disagree with 90% of your personal flat earth model.  That should tell you something surely?

And rather than repeatedly posting off-topic, derisive comments about other members here, you may be better off—and earn a bit of respect—if you attempted to respond to others' legitimate questions with some sort of reasoned logic.

For example, your very first comment in this thread:

How may [sic] lasers have you bounced off the moon? Because the last time I looked at the bullshit, you needed one hell of a laser to do so...

Can you see from this pointless comment why people have written you—and your opinions—off?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #430 on: July 20, 2014, 06:20:39 AM »

Also, what are these object reflecting off of? Does the earth have a roof now?

Why are they reflecting, but not reflecting the ground around them? (That'd be like looking into a mirror and seeing my own disembodied head!)

What object's that exist on Earth could possibly be creating reflections of planets with rings, and THE SUN? Where do we have that constant hydrogen fission reaction?

Would would we have seasons?
You don't appear to have been taking much notice if you're asking whether the Earth has a roof.
Try reading up on it and absorbing what is said, wtheter you think it's garbage or not. At least you will be up to speed, regardless.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #431 on: July 20, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Can we get back on topic?

If the night sky is a reflection... why doesn't the dome (ice, glass, or other) reflect the ultra bright sun during the day?

When you look at Saturn with a telescope, it is crystal clear.  The rings, lines, and even Titan.  In order for a reflection to be this clear the dome would have to be extremely polished, and would therefore reflect other light sources as well.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #432 on: July 20, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »

If the night sky is a reflection... why doesn't the dome (ice, glass, or other) reflect the ultra bright sun during the day?

When you look at Saturn with a telescope, it is crystal clear.  The rings, lines, and even Titan.  In order for a reflection to be this clear the dome would have to be extremely polished, and would therefore reflect other light sources as well.
It does reflect the ultra bright sun during the day. You see the sun don't you?
Show me a picture - YOU - took of saturn with it's rings and lines.

« Reply #433 on: July 20, 2014, 02:33:46 PM »

Please provide a diagram to explain.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #434 on: July 20, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »

Gotta  a couple of questions for sceptimatic.:

1.What changes the color of the dome from light blue during the day to dark blue at night  ?

2. What is the source of the reflection of Saturn and its rings ? If I look into a mirror and see "the mirror image" of myself and I am the source of that "mirror image" what is the source for Saturn and its rings ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #435 on: July 21, 2014, 01:31:08 AM »

Gotta  a couple of questions for sceptimatic.:

1.What changes the color of the dome from light blue during the day to dark blue at night  ?
Nothing chages the colour od the dome. It's the atmosphere under the dome that blue due to short wavelength , which makes blue the object colour to our eyes. The dark blue is simply the change of that wavelength as the sun moves away as the blackness starts to absorb the colour wave.
2. What is the source of the reflection of Saturn and its rings ? If I look into a mirror and see "the mirror image" of myself and I am the source of that "mirror image" what is the source for Saturn and its rings ?
Show me some legitimate pictures of saturn and it's rings from your telescope and we will deal with this one.
Let me know what telescope and camera you used as well, then I'll discuss it and see what's what.

« Reply #436 on: July 21, 2014, 01:53:31 AM »
So, where is your diagram showing how day/night cycles work in your magic dome?

?

Art

« Reply #437 on: July 21, 2014, 02:41:18 AM »
"The dark blue is simply the change of that wavelength as the sun moves away as the blackness starts to absorb the colour wave."
Can you point to any links describing how the blackness of space absorbs colour waves,
or how any radiation on the visible spectrum will change wavelength without passing from one medium to another?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:42:55 AM by Art »
RET:0 - FET:0

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #438 on: July 21, 2014, 08:37:04 AM »
My telescope does not have a camera attachment.  It is old and rather inexpensive, but still good enough to see Saturn and Jupiter clearly, rings and all.

?

Art

« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »
You can buy the cheapest telescope money can buy, and still see the detail of the moon's surface, Jupiter's moons, and Saturn's rings (minimally).
RET:0 - FET:0

ausGeoff

« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »
Show me some legitimate pictures of Saturn and it's rings from [your] a telescope and we will deal with this one.
Let me know what telescope and camera you used as well, then I'll discuss it and see what's what.

This is a photographic image from an an amateur astronomy site:

EQUIPMENT:
Z10, Meade 8" LX90GPS,. Galileo 120mm, EP's, Filters, and Barlows.
10x50 binoculars
Sony Cybershot, Philips SPC900NC, DSI Pro.
DMK21AU04/ Astronomik LRGB, Messier Count: 48.

—The ball (or planet LOL) is now in your court sceptimatic.  What would you like to "discuss" about Saturn?

?

Goth

« Reply #441 on: July 23, 2014, 02:01:16 AM »
from [your] a telescope and we will deal with this one.

maybe you can't read,,,

ausGeoff

« Reply #442 on: July 23, 2014, 02:15:04 AM »
from [your] a telescope and we will deal with this one.

maybe you can't read,,,

Do you have any viable evidence that the image I posted is bogus?  If not, then may I suggest you not comment on any of my posts not addressed to you Goth.  I was answering a question from sceptimatic.

And if by some fluke of science you do have evidence that it's been faked, then by all means post it here.  Otherwise.....

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #443 on: July 23, 2014, 02:24:32 AM »
Show me some legitimate pictures of Saturn and it's rings from [your] a telescope and we will deal with this one.

EQUIPMENT:
10x50 binoculars

—The ball (or planet LOL) is now in your court sceptimatic.  What would you like to "discuss" about Saturn?
I'll discuss it when you put up a picture of saturn done by you. You know everything about everything on this Earth as well as the universe as a whole, so I assume you have pictures of saturn taken by yourself.
I'll wait to see those and then we can discuss it.

« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2014, 02:49:11 AM »

EQUIPMENT:
10x50 binoculars

I'll discuss it when you put up a picture of saturn done by you. You know everything about everything on this Earth as well as the universe as a whole, so I assume you have pictures of saturn taken by yourself.
How will you know who it is done by? Are you afraid to discuss outside this forum?

?

guv

« Reply #445 on: July 23, 2014, 02:53:22 AM »
Septic go buy a telescope and shut the fuck up.

« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2014, 02:56:13 AM »
As we await your diagram of how the day/night cycle works with a perfectly reflective ice dome above us.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2014, 02:59:03 AM »
I have a telescope. I've viewed through telescopes. The universe I see is different to yours. There's a reason for that. It's because I'm looking at reflections of light, you are in your own world of indoctrinated Earth and space trance like state.

« Reply #448 on: July 23, 2014, 03:11:16 AM »
I have a telescope. I've viewed through telescopes.
Bollocks.

ausGeoff

« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2014, 05:39:09 AM »

I'll discuss it when you put up a picture of Saturn done by you. You know everything about everything on this Earth as well as the universe as a whole, so I assume you have pictures of Saturn taken by yourself.  I'll wait to see those and then we can discuss it.

How will you know who it is done by? Are you afraid to discuss outside this forum?

Whomever actually captured the image is immaterial to everybody except sceptimatic. He uses this silly stipulation of his that any photos posted here by round earthers must have been captured by them personally, otherwise he refuses to discuss their subject matter.

It's so obviously a feeble cop-out on his part.  It's also painfully obvious that despite sceptimatic demanding that everybody else post photos, he's not once posted even one single photo he's personally taken.  The "fake" photo call is the last resort of a flat earther whenever they're backed into a corner in the face of legitimate photographic images severely and obviously at odds with their own beliefs.

It's not up to me to prove the authenticity of this image sceptimatic—it's up to you to provide some viable evidence to prove your claim that it may be fake.  Just claiming it is has no meaning.

So... please go ahead and post your refutation of the image's authenticity.  If you can.