Sun's Arc Without Any Tilt in the Northern Hemisphere

• 12 Replies
?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
Sun's Arc Without Any Tilt in the Northern Hemisphere
« on: May 03, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »
I asked this question in flat earth Q and A... However it needed to be repeated just for clarity...  I could not input any other comments..

If I live in the northern hemisphere and the earth did not possess any tilt whatsoever, the appearance of the arc of the sun would form a straight arc in the sky with no northern or southern deviation...  I drew a few pics of a man looking out at 49 degrees to the sun's center (taking the tangent into consideration as well)... the sun only traveling east to west with no northern or southern movement would have to form a straight arc that looks like it rises up perpendicular but smaller and further out than at the equator...

Re: Sun's Arc Without Any Tilt in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:44:56 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean. The sun would always be at the same height in the sky at every time of the day, and the height changes from 0 to 90 degrees depending on the latitude of the observer.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:51:16 AM »
Yep, exactly... the sun would be perpendicular only at the equator... I just needed to see if the sun's arc north of the tropic of cancer would be a straight up arc that only reaches as high as 50 degrees in the sky at noon...  The height in the sky would be effected, sure, however would the arch in the sky appear straight up... I might need a picture for a demo... I will get the paint program if I am not explicit enough....

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
Ok... Here comes the pic...

Mr. Blob at noon looks at the sun at about 50 degrees...  Do we expect the arc to travel in this way with the absence of the tilt of the earth...  the sun should go though the same path everyday though the year...

Note: the angles are an approximation...

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
Yeah, i think that pic is right, though it's a bit confusing. There would be no seasons, and the sun arc wouldn't change throughout the year, yeah.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »
Ok... Here comes the pic...

Mr. Blob at noon looks at the sun at about 50 degrees...  Do we expect the arc to travel in this way with the absence of the tilt of the earth...  the sun should go though the same path everyday though the year...

Note: the angles are an approximation...
Yes but there is a tilt.

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »
It looks fine to me; however, something is in the back of my head... It tells me otherwise...  I try to place this on a globe of some sort... It does not come out properly aligned...

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
It looks fine to me; however, something is in the back of my head... It tells me otherwise...  I try to place this on a globe of some sort... It does not come out properly aligned...
Why not?

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
Hmmmm.... I guess this is the only possible alternative... There is a hidden mystery to this which I might reveal in greater detail at a later date...

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 07:38:07 PM »
If the earth's axis had no tilt: the sun would always rise due East, and set due West (unless you were close to one of the poles, in which case it would  always be just on the horizon); days would always be 12 hours long; there would be no seasons; and the sun would follow an arc that would peak at 90° minus your latitude above the horizon, making it easy to use it for a latitude shot at any time of year.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
Jingle, what is the hidden mystery?  I can't wait.

?

Jorhan Brimve Stahl

• A disk is round. A sphere is round. Earth = Round.
Hou
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

An IQ test, I think.
I don't suffer from schizophrenia and neither do I,

Re: Hou
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »

An IQ test, I think.

You need one.