ISS Earth's view LIVE!

• 28 Replies

Re: ISS Earth's view LIVE!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »
Yes, we know already.  What about it?

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 03:49:33 PM »
inb4 flat-earthers say it's a loop (as they mistakenly look at the gif thinking it's a video)

on a more serious note: thanks for sharing! Wow, through October 2015! They must be working on the CGI day and night!
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
Yes, we know already.  What about it?

From ISS HD Earth Viewing Experiment on USTREAM: The High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment aboard the International Space Station (ISS) was activated ...
The High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment aboard the International Space Station (ISS) was activated April 30, 2014.

If you knew so fast, where are the other threads about it?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
The live stream has been up long before that.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »
Clearly fake.

Damn conspiracies.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
The live stream has been up long before that.

I beg your pardon. I guess I thought the previous live stream was an occasional stream.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 06:14:15 PM »
Clearly fake.

Damn conspiracies.
Clearly not.

Damn conspiracy theorist.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »
Maybe when it is over someones location they could take pictures of the sky and we could try and match the clouds? That would show if it's fake or not.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Starman

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
Maybe when it is over someones location they could take pictures of the sky and we could try and match the clouds? That would show if it's fake or not.
It would be very hard to match clouds from the bottom and the top. Maybe he could wave.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
Yeah it would be a challenge. In other news, it is currently on the dark side of the earth now but is still lit up because it is so high.Who would have guessed that?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Starman

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 06:43:45 PM »
Yeah it would be a challenge. In other news, it is currently on the dark side of the earth now but is still lit up because it is so high.Who would have guessed that?
What you could do if you are lucky is to track it's position and see when it passes over you place and see if it is clear or cloudy. They have a radio beacon that you can listen if you have scanner. I am not sure it is still in operation or what frequency it is on. I have heard it before. It was called packet radio at the time.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »

Yeah, it's really a result of being up so high. I was surprised by this when I spotted the ISS as I was kayaking in the middle of the night. I was like why is it so bright?? But the sun wasn't that much below the horizon since it was Alaska. And yeah, seems strange but that's how it is!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
Sure would be nice if the feed actually worked.
Also this thread is surprising lacking Jroa, Sceptic, and ski.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »
Yeah, Yahoo says the Earth can be viewed RIGHT NOW.  I have yet to see it with this new experiment.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »
It is a shame that NASA can fly satellites all around space, but can't figure out how to send a video transmission reliably.  Sounds sort of suspicious to me.  I think their loop player might need to be fixed. 

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »
Yet logic would lead you to believe that if it were all a big conspiracy........that they'd do a better job of it.

You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
It is a shame that NASA can fly satellites all around space, but can't figure out how to send a video transmission reliably.  Sounds sort of suspicious to me.  I think their loop player might need to be fixed. 

That's really backwards. If it was a loop there would be no interruption on the streaming. Are you saying they are interrupting the streaming on purpose to pretend space is hard, or something like that? This is really paranoid.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 10:51:53 AM »
Yes.  I wonder if all of the systems are this shabby, or just the part that the Public, who funded their little trip, is supposed to watch? 

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
So you actually believe this is a fake problem? Can't you notice that you're using your belief that it is a fake problem as an argument to prove that it is fake? That's circular reasoning.

And no, not all the systems have these problems. Only the unnecessary ones, like this one.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 11:30:17 AM »
I did not say it is a fake problem.  I was simply questioning the validity of the video feed due to the poor performance. 

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
You replied "Yes." to my previous post. Yes what? And what do you mean with "validity" here?

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »
Yea, because there's never a problem with a terrestrial broadcast, either.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »

Kind of odd that almost never have problems receiving terrestrial broadcasts.  Yet, NASA can figure out how these broadcasters do it for more than 30 or 40 minutes at a time.  Please.

You replied "Yes." to my previous post. Yes what? And what do you mean with "validity" here?

Yes, it is odd that they could send people to the moon 50 years ago, yet can't figure out how to loop a transmission today.  Seems very odd.  Maybe they are just getting lazy. 

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
Yes, it is odd that they could send people to the moon 50 years ago, yet can't figure out how to loop a transmission today.  Seems very odd.  Maybe they are just getting lazy.

What loop? There is no loop. There obviously is some technical problem today, which will be solved. Yesterday i followed the stream for some hours and it worked very well.
You know, it happens on earth too. Sometimes the electricity goes out for a few hours, or bad weather makes the TV signal too bad to be useful.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
The difference is that if the power goes out for a few hours on the ISS, people die.  I would assume that engineers would do a better job at making sure that systems do not go down on the ISS. 

?

Starman

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 12:38:12 PM »

Kind of odd that almost never have problems receiving terrestrial broadcasts.  Yet, NASA can figure out how these broadcasters do it for more than 30 or 40 minutes at a time.  Please.

They said they don't broadcast during the night phase. The would account for the 30-40 minutes per orbit(90 minutes). Power is not wasted up there.

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
The difference is that if the power goes out for a few hours on the ISS, people die.  I would assume that engineers would do a better job at making sure that systems do not go down on the ISS.

Of course, and indeed power doesn't go out. But if a camera doesn't work no one dies. More than that, that camera is not critical to any experiment, it's a just a nice window for us to look at the Earth. I guess that's at the bottom of their prorities.

They said they don't broadcast during the night phase. The would account for the 30-40 minutes per orbit(90 minutes). Power is not wasted up there.

When it's night you see a black screen, it's been grey all day today. There is some technical problem.

?

Starman

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
You always have to go to the extreme to prove your point don't you.