Plan to unravel Nasa's evil plot

• 77 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Plan to unravel Nasa's evil plot
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 07:04:57 AM »
Everyone you listed believes that light goes in straight lines.  That is probably why they all assume the Earth is round. 

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 08:54:07 AM »
How does the fact that cartographers cannot map the known geography of the earth to a flat plan relate to how the light works?
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »
Cartographers do not use light now? 

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
Not sure what you mean. It's a geometric problem, not a physical one.
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
Do cartographers use light to cartograph? 

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
Usually, i guess. Not sure if you're pretending to not see the point or if you really don't see it. The geometry of the earth cannot be mapped into a plane without deforming it, light doesn't matter.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 10:03:12 AM »
I think you are mistaken.  If the Earth is round, it can not be made into a plane without distorting it unless light is bending.   

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »
I think you are mistaken.  If the Earth is round, it can not be made into a plane without distorting it unless light is bending.
As you know they use projections.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2014, 10:09:08 AM »
How does that go against what I said? ???

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
What does light have anything to do with it? It's an abstract geometric problem. A sphere cannot be mapped into a plane, even if you're blind.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »
Starman, I did not realize you were a psychiatrist and you had the ability to diagnose someone as "loony" based on a 45 minute lecture. 

I was asked to provide one name which I did.  Next thing I know, I am being insulted as not being as good at FET as TheEngineer, what ever that means, and all you can do to refute his claims of being a NASA whistle-blower is to call him a loony and question the licensing of the video.  WTF is going on here?
So, now a comedy show presented by an acknowledged stand-up comedian is a LECTURE?

You were not asked for one name. You were asked for the name of one whistle blower.

Or should I accept that String Theory is dead because Sheldon Cooper, the fictional character in another comedy, says it is so?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »
Are you saying that Dr. William Henry (Bill) Cosby Jr. could never have given a serious lecture or presentation simply because he was also a comedian? 

RealScientist

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2014, 06:42:47 PM »
Are you saying that Dr. William Henry (Bill) Cosby Jr. could never have given a serious lecture or presentation simply because he was also a comedian?
I am saying that a comedian, when doing comedy, is explicitly staying away from the requirements of veracity that non-fiction works have. He or she can use sarcasm, invent totally fictional stories with real life people in them, or just about anything that a reasonable person would consider artistic freedom.

Whatever you consider a serious message or an attempt at a joke in Bill Cosby's comedies, that is up to you. That is called "artistic freedom". If he ever did any lectures in his capacity as honorary Doctor in Education, he surely was evaluated in that capacity, and the lecture was clearly publicized as such.

On the other hand, you are showing all of us that you are willing to take comedy as a lecture. And you are willing to take anyone who never worked for NASA as a NASA insider. This speaks volumes about your intellectual laziness.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
You are assuming that it is a comedy routine simply because it goes against your view of the world.  Did you even watch the video?  He brings up many valid points.  Yes, he slips in a joke once in a while, as anyone who wants to keep the attention of his audience would, but for the most part, he is being serious and the audience is taking him seriously. 

RealScientist

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2014, 08:22:46 PM »
You are assuming that it is a comedy routine simply because it goes against your view of the world.  Did you even watch the video?  He brings up many valid points.  Yes, he slips in a joke once in a while, as anyone who wants to keep the attention of his audience would, but for the most part, he is being serious and the audience is taking him seriously.
In the video he is presented as "Math Boylan, Hyper Realist Artist". and he is literally presented as "one of the best comics I have ever met in my life". There are lots of explicit mentions to him as a comedian and some to this show as a "show" and a comedy routine. There is not one reference to him as a researcher of anything, or as an engineer. Not even a mention to him as a technician of any kind. He is a graphic artist and a comedian.

And quite frankly, the only indication the audience is giving towards seriousness is due to the poor quality of many jokes, like the ones about Hawking's problems with communication.

Again, this whole thread only shows your lack of capacity or inclination towards making a scientifically sound argument.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
He made no outrageous claims about his employment.  In fact, he does not even claim to have been an actual NASA employee.  He only claims to be an Artist and that he was contracted by NASA periodically to do Artwork for them over a period of 8 years.  If he was simply making something up for comedy reasons, would it not make sense for him to have claimed that he was the Chief Engineer for Research or something? 

RealScientist

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 03:33:59 AM »
He made no outrageous claims about his employment.  In fact, he does not even claim to have been an actual NASA employee.  He only claims to be an Artist and that he was contracted by NASA periodically to do Artwork for them over a period of 8 years.  If he was simply making something up for comedy reasons, would it not make sense for him to have claimed that he was the Chief Engineer for Research or something?
Math Boylan is making no outrageous claims whatsoever. He is doing some comedy. He is being presented as a comedian. He is clearly and explicitly stating that his work for NASA consists in doing graphics.

You, on the other hand, are making one outrageous claim after another. You are the only one in this planet claiming that Math Boylan is doing something other than artistic work. You are the only one in this planet who claims Math Boylan is some kind of insider with respect to NASA. You are the only one in this planet who believes there is a reason for Math Boylan to hide his expertise in anything whatsoever.

Since he is doing comedy, he can declare himself whatever he wants to. He can declare himself "King of the Universe", or "Lowlier than an Amoeba", or whatever else he can come up with. Only delusional people, like you try to show yourself to be, find in his not inventing an engineering degree a claim to something.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 04:07:59 AM »
Are you ever going to substantiate anything you say?  All you are basically saying is, "He's a comedian so it must be a joke."  A must equal B and there can be no other options, right?  Well, guess what, comedians do not just tell jokes all day long.  They have serious lives as well.

I bet you put your finders in your ears while reading my post and say LALALA, don't you?

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 04:30:33 AM »
Are you ever going to substantiate anything you say?  All you are basically saying is, "He's a comedian so it must be a joke."  A must equal B and there can be no other options, right?  Well, guess what, comedians do not just tell jokes all day long.  They have serious lives as well.

I bet you put your finders in your ears while reading my post and say LALALA, don't you?

A) (He claims to be a comedian) + B (The video refers to him multiple times as a comedian) + C(He's an artist, no matter how hyper realist, it is still art, which is be default, not reality) + D( the video is categorized as a comedy, by the uploader) + E(He's a comedian, so the likely hood hof the story about "listening to some NASA scientists" could very well be made up for the joke) +...(whatever else we want to throw on here) = z(Not likely to be s "serious" lecture)

RealScientist

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 04:34:05 AM »

What I am saying is simple. When a comedian is doing comedy, he is making jokes. When a comedian is not doing comedy, he is not, in general, making jokes. When someone like you is trying to look dumb and taking a comedian's jokes seriously, he deserves the title of "Town Fool" that others in this thread have placed on you.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 05:00:30 AM »
This is Math Boylan doing doing comedy.  Notice how he is not trying to prove we are being lied to and people are laughing hysterically.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">math boylan stand's up to nonsense

He understands how comedy works.  You tell a short joke, make some noises, and drunk people laugh at you.  It is completely different from the first video I posted.

I tried to find the video of him lecturing in a college auditorium, but it is gone too.  Now, this video along with his two interview videos are missing.  Makes me wonder if someone from NASA found out about them.  They were there in March. 

RealScientist

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 05:21:59 AM »
This is Math Boylan doing doing comedy.  Notice how he is not trying to prove we are being lied to and people are laughing hysterically.

He understands how comedy works.  You tell a short joke, make some noises, and drunk people laugh at you.  It is completely different from the first video I posted.

I tried to find the video of him lecturing in a college auditorium, but it is gone too.  Now, this video along with his two interview videos are missing.  Makes me wonder if someone from NASA found out about them.  They were there in March.
Care to explain why in both occasions he is using the same jacket, the one who nobody would use in any kind of serious presentation?

Who says Math Boylan has ever done a serious presentation? You are the only one in this planet who does. And who is saying that the lost interviews were serious? Only you do. They must be right by your tin foil hat. My suggestion is: put the hat on, check the interviews without any alien controlling your mind, and report back to us.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
Why would you even care what jacket he is wearing?  He could be in his underpants and the distinction between being funny and being serious is the same.  You are the only one on this planet who would associate wearing the same jacket to doing the same job.

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2014, 06:34:30 AM »
Why would you even care what jacket he is wearing?  He could be in his underpants and the distinction between being funny and being serious is the same.  You are the only one on this planet who would associate wearing the same jacket to doing the same job.

Only conspiracy theorists would take someone standing in their underpants on a stage seriously.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2014, 06:49:46 AM »

Only conspiracy theorists would take someone standing in their underpants on a stage seriously.
Are you sure it's only conspiracy theorists?

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2014, 06:54:19 AM »

DUDE....

RealScientist

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »
It is very simple for you to show you don't really need the tin foil hat. Show us another person with a similar jacket in a serious presentation. If nobody does the same distinction I do, it is very simple.

We are all still waiting for you to show Math Boyler doing anything other than comedy or graphical art. You have not even shown us why you chose him as an example of a whistle blower inside NASA.

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2014, 07:42:29 AM »

He's still got his jeans on, even if he's sagging with einstein's head on his shoulders

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »
We are all still waiting for you to show Math Boyler doing anything other than comedy or graphical art. You have not even shown us why you chose him as an example of a whistle blower inside NASA.

Does your back ever get tired from moving the goal posts so often?  Well, here is one where he is neither doing art, nor is he performing in front of people.  He sounds pretty serious, although a little drunk.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Flat earth debate open you brainwashed minds eye

RealScientist

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
This is the original goalpost:
There are already plenty of NASA whistle blowers out there.  Do a search on youtube. 

I am probably already on NASAs watch list.  Why would they hire me, other than to execute a trap?
Please give me a single name. A whistle blower is not a conspiracy theorist, he is someone who is inside the organization, telling us the outsiders about it.

There are some whistle blowers who talk about inefficient or dangerous practices in NASA, but not even one saying that the shuttles do not orbit the Earth.

All in all, your claim is pure bull excrement. The only lists you probably are in are not hit lists of any kind. They are more like spam lists.
... and this is the final goalpost ...

You set the goalpost yourself, claiming that there are plenty of whistle blowers inside NASA and you, yourself found exactly zero whistle blowers. In fact, you are the one who wants to move the goalposts to the point where an outsider who has done some graphics is considered by you as an insider.