Land based (Flat earth) GPS could not indicate elevation.

• 158 Replies
Re: Land based (Flat earth) GPS could not indicate elevation.
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 11:50:15 AM »
...The ionosphere is very dynamic. In others words is will build and fade during the day and night and is very unstable. You could never used it for any timing of sort. It is like bouncing light off a cloud to measure distance. What education do you have in electronics or communications?
My education is in both electronics and communications.  I've worked with Sat Comm, VHF,UHF, and HF and learned about wave propagation and etc.etc.etc...  That aside, the movement of the ionosphere is irrelevant because those originating points talk to each other too.  That means dynamic information can be sent to the GPS units accounting for the movement of the ionosphere.  Now do you have any more ad hominem attacks to detract from the point I've made?  X,Y, and Z are all plotted with time and distance data being modulated on a skywave.  Since satellites do not exist, radio waves from land based transmitters are the method used to run your GPS.  Also...last I checked, in your round earth, satellite, moon landing world: utilizing a satellite requires pointing a dish type of antenna at it.  I guess GPS just magically gets the signals in your world, yes?
Please explain how 1.5GHz signals reflect off the ionosphere.
Please explain how distance information can be modulated on a 'skywave'.
Please give the location of some land based GPS transmitters.  Is this consistent with receiving typically 10 in any location and ID numbers only up to 100?
Please explain how a service requiring 'line of sight' can work in valleys.
GPS satellites are low orbit, high power and do not require a dish.

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 11:51:31 AM »
GPS has elevation(altitude) BECAUSE it has satellites. A flat earth GPS would have to be land base as claimed. It is not possible give elevation on a GPS system if everything is flat.

Incorrect. GPS uses radio waves and experimental sonar technology to determine elevation.
Please explain in more detail.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
GPS has elevation(altitude) BECAUSE it has satellites. A flat earth GPS would have to be land base as claimed. It is not possible give elevation on a GPS system if everything is flat.

Incorrect. GPS uses radio waves and experimental sonar technology to determine elevation.

Sonar is used to determine the depth of oceans, the technology is basically the same when determining elevation on Earth. Sound waves bounce off elevated areas of the Earth... when these sound waves come back to their source it tells the program being used the elevation of that particular area.

I'm surprised that I have to explain sonar to you... it's been around since the 1900s.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 11:57:25 AM »

Sonar is used to determine the depth of oceans, the technology is basically the same when determining elevation on Earth. Sound waves bounce off elevated areas of the Earth... when these sound waves come back to their source it tells the program being used the elevation of that particular area.

I'm surprised that I have to explain sonar to you... it's been around since the 1900s.
But totally unrelated to how the GPS receiver next to me works.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »

Incorrect sonar has nothing to do with anything. How would you possible install sonar equipment to cover the entire earth? Here look at this:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

?

Starman

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »

When i was in college I build a sonar radar in class. It worked well. Show me where all these sonar equipment are located and how all these GPS companies are using it?

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 12:02:32 PM »

I can connect a serial cable from a computer to another device or computer.  Guess what, the communications works on timing.  It is nothing new and has been around for a long, long time.  You are making the timing out to be something incredible, when it is just the way communications works.

I now know one thing beyond any reasonable doubt: jroa is not, in any sense of the word, an expert in electronics.

Someone who throws around serial communications (on a short wire) and AM and FM and PCM with just a Wikipedia fast search should dedicate his life to anything but communications.

jroa is about a four year undergraduate career from understanding what he is talking about. There is a reason for using a Gigahertz frequency range for GPS: its signals will be absorbed by most surfaces, so the only path from the satellite (or stratellite, if you want) to your receiver is a straight line. Also, the exact time when you receive the transmission is a function of, among others, the frequency of the signal. It is very difficult to determine the exact time when a signal starts, within, lets say, 10% of one cycle. In a 1 GHz signal, this a tenth of a nanosecond which adds 3 cm of error. On a 10 KHz signal, this is 10 milliseconds. That is, even in this hugely simplified example, a 3 kilometer error.

And if you want to calculate altitude with a signal that gives you kilometers of error, you will not distinguish between sea level and the Alps. If I did a better analysis of error, I could show you that you cannot even distinguish between the top of the Himalayas and sea level with a set of 10 KHz signals.

Just to talk about a single real life situation, amateur radio enthusiasts frequently used the 11 meter band to communicate worldwide. They had no idea whatsoever about the source of the transmissions they got until they interchanged information. Signals could bounce tens of times between, say, Europe and the US, and the number of bounces changed frequently during a single transmission.

Our use of frequencies, modulations, coding techniques, antennas, electronics and all other aspects of communications has improved dramatically every decade since before the second World War. These are not subjects where an "expert" like jroa can have a five minute Wikipedia research and give authoritative conclusions.

Vauxhall

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2014, 12:03:47 PM »
The sonar devices are placed inside very small terrestrial satellites. You can see a few of them at night with a telescope.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
The sonar devices are placed inside very small terrestrial satellites. You can see a few of them at night with a telescope.
And where might these terrestrial satellites be?  Explain how sonar could give the accuracy, with links.

?

Starman

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »
What the hell are you talking about. Sonar does not work in space. You are joking right!!

Vauxhall

« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
What the hell are you talking about. Sonar does not work in space. You are joking right!!

Do you know the definition of terrestrial?
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »

I can connect a serial cable from a computer to another device or computer.  Guess what, the communications works on timing.  It is nothing new and has been around for a long, long time.  You are making the timing out to be something incredible, when it is just the way communications works.

I now know one thing beyond any reasonable doubt: jroa is not, in any sense of the word, an expert in electronics.

Someone who throws around serial communications (on a short wire) and AM and FM and PCM with just a Wikipedia fast search should dedicate his life to anything but communications.

jroa is about a four year undergraduate career from understanding what he is talking about. There is a reason for using a Gigahertz frequency range for GPS: its signals will be absorbed by most surfaces, so the only path from the satellite (or stratellite, if you want) to your receiver is a straight line. Also, the exact time when you receive the transmission is a function of, among others, the frequency of the signal. It is very difficult to determine the exact time when a signal starts, within, lets say, 10% of one cycle. In a 1 GHz signal, this a tenth of a nanosecond which adds 3 cm of error. On a 10 KHz signal, this is 10 milliseconds. That is, even in this hugely simplified example, a 3 kilometer error.

And if you want to calculate altitude with a signal that gives you kilometers of error, you will not distinguish between sea level and the Alps. If I did a better analysis of error, I could show you that you cannot even distinguish between the top of the Himalayas and sea level with a set of 10 KHz signals.

Just to talk about a single real life situation, amateur radio enthusiasts frequently used the 11 meter band to communicate worldwide. They had no idea whatsoever about the source of the transmissions they got until they interchanged information. Signals could bounce tens of times between, say, Europe and the US, and the number of bounces changed frequently during a single transmission.

Our use of frequencies, modulations, coding techniques, antennas, electronics and all other aspects of communications has improved dramatically every decade since before the second World War. These are not subjects where an "expert" like jroa can have a five minute Wikipedia research and give authoritative conclusions.
Good stuff. Small correction. The 11 meter band is CB that anybody can use. And yes you can communicate very long distances with it during the peak of the solar cycle. I believe the 10 meter band is the one you meant. Depending on the time of day we use the 80m, 40m, 20m, 17m, 15m and the 12m band.

?

Starman

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »

Do you know the definition of terrestrial?
You can see terrestrial satellites with a telescope? You mean balloons.

Vauxhall

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »
And where might these terrestrial satellites be?  Explain how sonar could give the accuracy, with links.

They are in the sky, all around us.

Here is a link explaining how sonar works in relation to depth and elevation: http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/technology/tools/sonar/sonar.html
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »

They are in the sky, all around us.

Here is a link explaining how sonar works in relation to depth and elevation: http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/technology/tools/sonar/sonar.html
So you think there are water sonar in space. Don't make it up are you go. I will break it all down.

Vauxhall

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »
Starman, I have had it with your inability to read and comprehend simple sentences. I try to make my points clear and concise because of people like you. Is my writing really that hard to understand?

I never claimed anything was in space. What I meant by terrestrial satellites should be obvious: satellites in the sky, similar to hot air balloons but much much smaller. They are close in size to a child's action figure.
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2014, 12:33:50 PM »
Starman, I have had it with your inability to read and comprehend simple sentences. I try to make my points clear and concise because of people like you. Is my writing really that hard to understand?

I never claimed anything was in space. What I meant by terrestrial satellites should be obvious: satellites in the sky, similar to hot air balloons but much much smaller. They are close in size to a child's action figure.
I know what you meant. You used a term that means earth satellite. Now you are thinking that COULD be used but those little thing don't exist. Think how many of those little balloons it would take to cover the world. Think a bit.

Vauxhall

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »

I know what you meant. You used a term that means earth satellite. Now you are thinking that COULD be used but those little thing don't exist. Think how many of those little balloons it would take to cover the world. Think a bit.

It's not a question of whether they exist or not. I know they do. I have seen them. Stop being dense.

Just because you say something doesn't exist doesn't make it true. You're not an authority on anything.
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »

It's not a question of whether they exist or not. I know they do. I have seen them. Stop being dense.

Just because you say something doesn't exist doesn't make it true. You're not an authority on anything.
Everybody sees balloon from time to time. You have to come to terms with common sense that seeing a unknown balloon does not relate to it being a GPS satellite substitute.

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »

You should be able to supply a link to the manufacturer.  How are they powered?

You are making this up, as you know.  Provide evidence.

Vauxhall

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »

You do realize what you're asking, right? You're asking me to provide you with information on a clandestine manufacturer of technology that shouldn't even exist to the public. GPS is a conspiracy, which is funded and propagated by the NWO.

Yes, let me just google the name of the manufacturer that makes top secret equipment for a secret organization... Maybe I'll avoid a life-sentence.   ::)

I do know this though: most of them are solar powered.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:07:14 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

?

Starman

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »

You do realize what you're asking, right? You're asking me to provide you with information on a clandestine manufacturer of technology that shouldn't even exist to the public. GPS is a conspiracy, which is funded and propagated by the NWO.

Yes, let me just google the name of the manufacturer that makes top secret equipment for a secret organization... Maybe I'll avoid a life-sentence.   ::)
GPS is not top secret. There are 90 millions of people that use it for cars, camping, sailing. It is all used for all airlines, search and rescue, police, ambulance, fire department and many more. Every country in the world uses it. There are 35 major companies making GPS for all these people and agencies and you think there are secret balloon up there. Do you ever read what you write? There should be thousands of picture of these secret balloons. Can you show me a few. Make sure it is not just ordinary hobby balloons with clown faces.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »

RealScientist, perhaps you could try actually contributing to threads, instead of just poking in once in a while to make your ad hominem attacks?  If you seriously question my electronics background, then please, by all means, make a new thread.  I promise that I will not use wikipedia or Google or anything like that.  If I don't know an answer to a question, I will say that I do not know it.  However, be prepared to be challenged as well.  You can try to stump me, and I will try to stump you.  As long as we are both being honest and do not cheat, that seems like it could be a fun way for you to disprove my electronics background.  By the way, I have not said it in this thread or anywhere recently, but I have two degrees in electronics.  Make a thread and ask away. 

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

RealScientist, perhaps you could try actually contributing to threads, instead of just poking in once in a while to make your ad hominem attacks?  If you seriously question my electronics background, then please, by all means, make a new thread.  I promise that I will not use wikipedia or Google or anything like that.  If I don't know an answer to a question, I will say that I do not know it.  However, be prepared to be challenged as well.  You can try to stump me, and I will try to stump you.  As long as we are both being honest and do not cheat, that seems like it could be a fun way for you to disprove my electronics background.  By the way, I have not said it in this thread or anywhere recently, but I have two degrees in electronics.  Make a thread and ask away.
This means you will understand the GPS spec. and not claim it is land based or with minature balloons.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »

This means you will understand the GPS spec. and not claim it is land based or with minature balloons.

What gave you the impression that I do not understand GPS specifications?  I use specifications or white papers everyday. 

Vauxhall

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
Inquisitive, anything can be true on paper.
Read the FAQS.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2014, 01:37:43 PM »

GPS is not top secret. There are 90 millions of people that use it for cars, camping, sailing. It is all used for all airlines, search and rescue, police, ambulance, fire department and many more. Every country in the world uses it. There are 35 major companies making GPS for all these people and agencies and you think there are secret balloon up there. Do you ever read what you write? There should be thousands of picture of these secret balloons. Can you show me a few. Make sure it is not just ordinary hobby balloons with clown faces.

I can not believe that some people on this website can be so dumb, idiotic, stupid , uniformed or just plain naive. Or maybe a bit paranoid, too.
But I am beginning to be a believer !
That it is all sort of an act and this website is one big hoax and one big joke. Especially after reading through a few pages of ENAG and searching for Rowbotham's MD and PhD.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:57:54 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Starman

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
GPS unit is not a piece of paper.

?

Starman

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »

I can not believe that some people on this website can be so dumb, idiotic, stupid , uniformed or just plain naive.
But I am beginning to believe that it is all sort on act and this website is one big hoax and one big joke. Especially after reading through a few pages of ENAG and searching for Rowbotham's MD and PhD.
Even if he is a troll it is sure lots of fun to make them look stupid. Judge Judy once said: "I hate it when stupid people try to act smart"

Vauxhall

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »
GPS unit is not a piece of paper.

Did I say a GPS unit was a piece of paper?   ???
Read the FAQS.